australians... (or anyone really)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sokki

The Fly
when dates are officially announced/confirmed or whatever, how long before the actual show do the tickets go on sale? i mean, i want to know how much money i should be saving each week to pay for these tickets... or if i have to use a credit card to buy them in case i don't have enough money by then.

i don't know if that made sense, but i know what i mean!

not forgetting to mention plane tickets and all that....

Last edited:
I exepct an announcement hopefully during the Europe leg of the tour.
Tickets I'd imagine, if they are coming in January to go on sale as early as September/October.

But I could be way off.

Brougth REM tickets around Oct/Nov for a show that was in April. That was roughly about 6 months before the show. So if rumored dates are for January/Febuary maybe they will go on sale around July/August/September. As for cost. Tickets for Motley Crue at Vodaphone areana in Melbourne are between $99 and $159 (Oz dollars) so I guess we will be paying around the same.

Motley Crue are playing Melbourne 6th December.

Just a thought, this is a date that was originally rumored to be U2..can rumored dates be another big international band that
is planning on touring. Rolling Stones have recently announced a world tour- with no mention of Australia(funny that). Cold play are about to release a new album( no doubt a tour - last tour saw 2 shows at Rod Lava Arena in Melbourne) . Someone even told me that Foo Fighters are coming to Australia but don't now when.

Just hope we here some kind of good news regarding a possible tour soon.

i so cant wait for them to come and visit us :D :D :D :drool: :drool: :drool:

im so gonna go 2 all of them if i can!

cool guys, thanks for answering... i wish they would come to adelaide though, that would have been good!

No effin' chance of that sokki. I can't see them doing Memorial Drive again, esp if they're doing arena gigs everywhere else, and Football Park is just too crappy! Start saving for those plane tickets!

Update on a few things - Foo Fighters play Rod Laver in November - dont have an exact date as yet - but two nights are blacked out. Word is the Melb U2 gigs will have to be at Telstra Dome. The Australian Open and the Commonwealth Games means that Rod Laver will have a window of 10 days in early Feb - and it looks like they are all booked.

Foo should be confirmed and onsale in late June.

Everything is of course subject to change - there was a hot rumour at work we were about to get Paul McCartney dates in November/December - but he has extended his US tour. Also Fronteir touring is talking to the Stones, but the likeliness is slim as they just did the 'Licks' tour here recently.

Bit of gossip - Queen with Paul Rodgers will be here by years end for 5 shows...

Otherwise, expect Elton John, Backstreet Boys and Billy Idol this year with talk of Duran Duran and AHa doing a double header tour next March or so.

Last edited:
I will still go, but if U2 ever play Telstra Dome....I wont be happy....I've heard the sound sucks too.....
More than happy with Rod Laver, every seat in the house, you can see the band...they arent that tall anyway...at The Dome they would look like ants!

I'd imagine we'll see a full Australian tour - otherwise the current arena stage will need some major extensions for the Telstra Dome. As for the sound there - it is OK - the first two major gigs there (Barbra Streisand and Rock Symphony) had troubles with bad acoustics, but I've seen Ricky Martin, Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams and Kiss there - in different areas at each - sound was OK. Not as good as Rod Laver, but they've figured out the stage needs to be on a certain angle apparently.

Nothing could be as bad as the MCG. Hopefully the new Northern Stand will help stop the sound loss there.

i noticed that ticketmaster handle ticketing for the dome, where as ticketek are in control of rod laver, brissy entertainment centre etc.

ticketek have always handled ticketing for the big big shows, i cant really see ticketmaster over here get the contract. which would mean no show at the telstra dome? unless ticketing for the dome can be put through ticketek?

bah i dunno.. :wink:

really? thats pretty huge..

i dont know if ticketmaster handle events at the brisbane entertainment centre, im pretty sure its only for the convention centre - which would be too small for the show...

they must be having a battle trying to cement dates...

maybe we could still get stadium shows yet? would be good to see the big production, however missing elevation and seeing the 1st leg of vertigo progress the intimacy of a smaller venue and crowd is just as appealing... :huh:

just saw vertigo tour in NY city - having it in an inside venue is much better - really load and great atmosphere!

so there's no hope for adelaide at all? that's just great, because if i'm going interstate, i'm going alone. at least if they came here i could talk someone into coming with me. not to mention i've never been to queensland or victoria. *spooky* i could get kidnapped/murdered and nobody would know... or get lost in some different city never to be found again.... lol... and don't think i'm not serious, i have the kind of luck where something like this would happen to me.

lol. There are other people from Adelaide heading East, maybe you could go with some others.

I reckon once the Australian tour dates are up there will be a number of threads along the lines of "Help, Im from Darwin, going to Sydney, and I have no mates" :wink: etc.

fullautoreverse said:
i noticed that ticketmaster handle ticketing for the dome, where as ticketek are in control of rod laver, brissy entertainment centre etc.

ticketek have always handled ticketing for the big big shows, i cant really see ticketmaster over here get the contract. which would mean no show at the telstra dome? unless ticketing for the dome can be put through ticketek?

bah i dunno.. :wink:

Well Ticketmaster handled the Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams, Ricky Martin etc gigs at the Telstra Dome with no problems at all - even though Ticketek handled other shows. Look at Kylie - just in Sydney alone Ticketek handled her Superdome shows, Ticketmaster her Sydney Entertainment Centre shows. Makes no difference if an act utilises both - its the promoters who have to juggle that mess! Each venues has exclusive contracts with a single outlet - but they can work together.

ok cool... as long as i'm not alone, it's all good. i'd hate to get lost. my brother would be happy, but my mum would have a heart attack or something. is anyone else *planning* on going to all the shows or at least most of them? just curious... i'm worrying about tickets and stuff already... i couldn't live with myself if i didn't. :)

thatsnotmypuppy said:

Well Ticketmaster handled the Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams, Ricky Martin etc gigs at the Telstra Dome with no problems at all - even though Ticketek handled other shows. Look at Kylie - just in Sydney alone Ticketek handled her Superdome shows, Ticketmaster her Sydney Entertainment Centre shows. Makes no difference if an act utilises both - its the promoters who have to juggle that mess! Each venues has exclusive contracts with a single outlet - but they can work together.

cheers for clarifying that :)

I don't think Adelaide has a chance if U2 play stadiums, as it's U2's weakest Australian market - only two shows on Lovetown and the one on ZooTV was nearly cancelled due to poor sales.

I still reckon U2 should go to Hobart and play Van Diemen's Land.

On the flight from Boston to Washington, I was talking to someone who spoke to a member of U2's crew (I forget who it was, but it might've been Joe O'Herlihy or Willie Williams) and they said current plans are to go to Australia in February, following around a sporting competition, but the person who I spoke to couldn't remember what competition. To my knowledge, only the AFL pre-season cup and perhaps a cricket tour would be on then ... implies stadiums anyhow.

And c'moooon GOLD COAST!

Looks like they have to play around the Aussie Open and maybe also the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne. Bloody sport, who needs it, U2 is my sport!

im sorta hoping for stadiums, cause that way it will be easyer to get tickets 2 all the shows and u just gotta make sure u arrive at the venues like full on early :drool: :wink:

The sporting events are : -
aussie open tennis mid - late january
afl pre-season ( wizard cup ) - march
commonwealth games - march 13-25
melbourne grand prix ( pushed back until april due to commonwealth games )

So it looks like February is free from all major sporting events

Am hoping for indoor , simply because indoor wouls mean about 10 shows , whereas stadiums would only mean about 5 or 6

Call me greedy if you want !!

Axver how was BOSTON ??

January 2nd Brisbane Entertainment Centre was the last I heard as opening nite from Acess All Areas. Has this changed and when did it?

i will be severly annoyed if u2 do telstra dome - it is one really sucky venue. the sound accoustic, and most important presence is AWFUL. It's to high, to wide, and shaped stupidly - i have seen quite a few concerts there and its only good if your in the first couple of ga rows - no chance with the lottery really.

Stupid tennis.....u2 is a zillion times mre important then dickhead ugly tennis players....

i *love* rod laver, the atmoshpere is awesome there....

oh well even more reason to visit other states...

i really dont think u2 will go to adel, there is nothing there big enough to perform in (factoring in all the costs to get there and back) meorial drive, has like barely a 1000 seats, its just a big oval, and football park is open and would suck ass. and the entainment centre is too small....

but maybe they will?! that would be awesome

ahhhhhhhhh the suspense is KILLING ME!
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Hindmarsh stadium in Adelaide fits around 15,000, and there is always Adelaide oval which just had 2 stands upgraded to fit 35,000, so yes there are venues here to play.

Also, why is everyone knocking Adelaide so much around here. We had 2 Lovetown concerts, sure not as much as Melb or Brisbane, but 1 more than some American cities got a Joshua Tree concert, and even our ZooTV concert got just under 30,000. Quite a good number considering most of the indoor ZooTV shows got far less than that.

Now having said that, I'll go wherever they play:)

Back
Top Bottom