Australian crowds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:

The third guy mentioned it. But no one else lists it. Confusing. Maybe he meant Message To My Girl. :shrug:

Still 3 :yes:

Australian crowds :down:

What would Give It A Whirl sound like? I might remember it.

The stuff I didn't know, I certainly got into. The Finns have such a great ability to make stuff you've never heard sound absolutely awesome.

But Australian crowds can shit on your evening. :down:

Axver said:

What would Give It A Whirl sound like? I might remember it.

From memory (this is off Frenzy which is my 2nd least favourite Finn output so I'm a touch rusty)

Verse:

I saw you there by the side of the road...
In the shade?
Something Something Something
Da da da da da da

Chorus:

Why don't you give it a, give it a, give it a whirl
And so forth (can you tell it was his first song?)

beli said:

No. Bit before my time. 'Tusk' was a huge hit in my memory but not much else.

The song or the "album".

Rumours was huge in the US.

I dig The Dance. I would've seen them last year if I didn't have to morgatge a house I don't have to buy tickets. :yes:

timothius said:

From memory (this is off Frenzy which is my 2nd least favourite Finn output so I'm a touch rusty)

Verse:

I saw you there by the side of the road...
In the shade?
Something Something Something
Da da da da da da

Chorus:

And so forth (can you tell it was his first song?)

Hmmm ... if that was played, I certainly don't recall it ...

thankyou.gif

beli said:
INXS were not show ponies. They were bloody brilliant live. :mad:

I've got to say Beli, I went to the 'Concert for Life' at Centennial Park Sydney around 1992 and INXS were blown off the stage by Crowded House.

People started walking off around three songs into INXS's set. It was sad to watch.

blueeyedgirl said:
Congratulations on 9, count'em, 9 pages of total bollocks! It's certainly been a pleasure! :applaud:

Or if you have pages like I do, a grand total of FOURTEEN pages of glorious bashing of pathetic Australian crowds! It's brilliant! :rockon:

neutral said:
Axver I have a Lovetown setlist crisis, please help :scream: :sad:

This is on-topic for the thread right :shifty:

What do you need to know?

(Of course it's on topic. :wink: )

neutral said:
I think I figured it out, I think some joker just put 40 in the wrong order on this New Year's Eve bootleg, :mad: unless they actually closed with Love Rescue Me. :huh:
http://www.stuckinamoment.net/1989-12-31t.txt

It seems there is one version of the 1989-12-31 bootleg going around with the BB King set removed from its proper position. I've no idea why. In any case, this is the absolute, correct set: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1070.html

(I have the full show, without a dubbed Auld Lang Syne over Bono's version, but it's MP3. :sad: My non-MP3 version cuts out the intro of the synth and has the dubbed bit.)

Bad Templar said:

I've got to say Beli, I went to the 'Concert for Life' at Centennial Park Sydney around 1992 and INXS were blown off the stage by Crowded House.

People started walking off around three songs into INXS's set. It was sad to watch.

I've heard about this fabeled show a bit. But I didn't know people were walking away - thats pretty bad form.

I have a copy of the House portion of that gig & that they were pretty electric but still... INXS weren't that bad that you should walk away from them.

Chocolate Cake :drool:

timothius said:
I've heard about this fabeled show a bit. But I didn't know people were walking away - thats pretty bad form.

I have a copy of the House portion of that gig & that they were pretty electric but still... INXS weren't that bad that you should walk away from them.

Chocolate Cake :drool:

There was a big Oz music line-up that day.... but all of them sucked. Richard Clapton playing 'Best Years of Our Lives' was the highlight.

Crowded House were at their very best that day. Hestor (RIP) was on fire, Tim has just left and they'd just completed a world tour and were playing material everyone was familiar with.

INXS were a spent force sadly, we were expecting one of their Wembley performances but it was really flat. The first few songs were new material, Hutchence was poncing around and yelled something like, 'let's play some fucking rock and roll!!!' and everyone moaned. I lasted until the overblown encore.

Also, 13 years later, I can still remember the sight of the port-a-loos overflowing. :yuck:

Bad Templar said:

Crowded House were at their very best that day. Hestor (RIP) was on fire, Tim has just left and they'd just completed a world tour and were playing material everyone was familiar with.

"To the people up the back, we can see you!, the people with the yellow brollies, we can see you over there, shake them, shake your brollies! This is Australia, it can piss down any second and we don't give a fuck!!!!!" :hyper:

Paul. :sad:

timothius said:

"To the people up the back, we can see you!, the people with the yellow brollies, we can see you over there, shake them, shake your brollies! This is Australia, it can piss down any second and we don't give a fuck!!!!!" :hyper:

Paul. :sad:

:sad:

If I remember rightly he said that just before 'Weather With You' as the heavens opened.

For audio of what I would regard an excellent crowd (praising Crowded House and walking out on post-91-INXS)

This is Australia, it can piss down any second and we don't give a fuck: http://s11.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0WE6PNCTD4EUS39Y6M66HGED9Y

The human pyramid: http://s11.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3VCB5L1UCKTK622EY86NFIZYW6

The best version of What You Need ever - http://s11.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=1E3V34VHY6O3O3HS5YDROBE28A

Better Be Home Soon, Sydney - http://s11.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3BCSN0Q943UXI2WNYY3QEE8CT9

Best Australian Crowd Ever :bow:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom