Atlanta II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Kinda. I most want to see them in Wellington, where I'm from (well, I'm from a small town just to the north), but Auckland's the city of One Tree Hill. As a Wellingtonian, I'm not meant to like Auckland, but as a U2 fan, what a city to see a concert in! :drool:

I'll bet they play it....was it played at all last time around?

Axver said:

Kinda. I most want to see them in Wellington, where I'm from (well, I'm from a small town just to the north), but Auckland's the city of One Tree Hill. As a Wellingtonian, I'm not meant to like Auckland, but as a U2 fan, what a city to see a concert in! :drool:

And Auckland isn't the city you and Timo have the very spirited debate about, is it?

I'm fine, Thora, thanks for asking! :wave:

RavenBlue said:
The fact that they are extending the tour also ups my chances for eventually getting to see them live as well.. so I'm all for it :up:

I wrote them one time to get them to come to Newfoundland...:reject: Like this will ever happen!

kellyahern said:
ah yes, the famous Auckland vs. Wellington picture wars :wink:

I'm going to be nice to Auckland today ...

auckonethill.jpg

The hill, back when it had a tree. :sad:

Though as a Wellingtonian, I must say here would have been great for a gig:

wadestown.jpg

Wellington's own Cake Tin by the rail yards and the harbour. :drool:

Axver said:

I'm going to be nice to Auckland today ...

auckonethill.jpg

The hill, back when it had a tree. :sad:

Though as a Wellingtonian, I must say here would have been great for a gig:

wadestown.jpg

Wellington's own Cake Tin by the rail yards and the harbour. :drool:

The harbour looks quite a bit like Corner Brook, a city close to my home town in Canada..:hmm:

RavenBlue said:
I was thinking since the Rolling Stones played Moncton to 80,000 fans... then maybe.. just maybe...

:hmm:

Especially with the rumors of a summer stadium tour.

We've got the Irish connection in Newfoundland...I figured that into my pitch..:wink: But if I were U2, I'd be interested in playing a place like this, just for the experience.

angelordevil said:

I'll bet they play it....was it played at all last time around?

Since they wrote One Tree Hill, U2 have played six New Zealand gigs.

1989-11-04, Lancaster Park, Christchurch: played in full.
1989-11-08, Athletic Park (RIP :sad: ), Wellington: played in full
1989-11-10/11, Western Springs Stadium, Auckland: played in full both nights
1993-12-01, Lancaster Park, Christchurch: snippet after One
1993-12-04, Western Springs Stadium, Auckland: snippet after One

If they do Mothers Of The Disappeared in South America, that'll be a good sign that we might get One Tree Hill. Plus, in 2006, it will have been 20 years since Greg Carroll's death.

Or they could come to Saint John.. Canada's most Irish City. Or so they say anyway :wink:

But yea... it'd be great to see them in St.John's. Make a big adventure out of it. Drive up through Cape Breton and take the Ferry (hopefully no fisherman blockades) see the Rock and U2. Sounds like a plan :yes:

Diane L said:

And Auckland isn't the city you and Timo have the very spirited debate about, is it?

Yep! Auckland and Wellington are traditional rivals. Wellington is New Zealand's capital (and the southernmost national capital in the world) but Auckland is the largest city, containing a quarter of the country's population!

Axver said:

Since they wrote One Tree Hill, U2 have played six New Zealand gigs.

1989-11-04, Lancaster Park, Christchurch: played in full.
1989-11-08, Athletic Park (RIP :sad: ), Wellington: played in full
1989-11-10/11, Western Springs Stadium, Auckland: played in full both nights
1993-12-01, Lancaster Park, Christchurch: snippet after One
1993-12-04, Western Springs Stadium, Auckland: snippet after One

If they do Mothers Of The Disappeared in South America, that'll be a good sign that we might get One Tree Hill. Plus, in 2006, it will have been 20 years since Greg Carroll's death.

Lol at Athletic Park...I mean :sad: ...:wink: I'd say the signs look good for you. Interesting how all the prior gigs were played around this current time of the year....I guess Spring will be new territory for the guys.

RavenBlue said:
Or they could come to Saint John.. Canada's most Irish City. Or so they say anyway :wink:

But yea... it'd be great to see them in St.John's. Make a big adventure out of it. Drive up through Cape Breton and take the Ferry (hopefully no fisherman blockades) see the Rock and U2. Sounds like a plan :yes:

Fishermen blockades:mad:....that stuff sucks. You can always hitch a ride on a iceberg:wink: If U2 played here, the whole city would come out. We have so many artists and activists...I think they'd be in great company.

We also have an aging population here...perfect fanbase for the Rolling Stones if U2 doesn't work out..:happy:

angelordevil said:

The harbour looks quite a bit like Corner Brook, a city close to my home town in Canada..:hmm:

Here's some different angles of Port Nicholson (which every man and his dog calls Wellington Harbour).

wellington.jpg

wellington.jpg

:heart: :drool:

Axver said:

Here's some different angles of Port Nicholson (which every man and his dog calls Wellington Harbour).

wellington.jpg

wellington.jpg

:heart: :drool:

Very nice. This looks more like British Columbia, on the far West coast of Canada. I'd love to visit there one day. I remember one of our Olympic commentators saying in 2000 how friendly people are "down there." He said it actually reminded him of Canada, in terms of the mentality of the citizens.

angelordevil said:

Very nice. This looks more like British Columbia, on the far West coast of Canada. I'd love to visit there one day. I remember one of our Olympic commentators saying in 2000 how friendly people are "down there." He said it actually reminded him of Canada, in terms of the mentality of the citizens.

:wave: Hello from Vancouver!

That pic does look a lot like Vancouver. It's a great city to live in!

angelordevil said:

Lol at Athletic Park...I mean :sad: ...:wink:

:mad:

I'd say the signs look good for you. Interesting how all the prior gigs were played around this current time of the year....I guess Spring will be new territory for the guys.

Yep, it is new territory, though March is the start of autumn down here!

The only other time they played New Zealand was in 1984 - Christchurch on 29 August, Wellington on 31 August, and then Auckland on 1 and 2 September. That was followed by a stack of September shows in Australia. Last time U2 were in Australia was February 1998.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom