As We Grow Near...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
The Final Days Address:

Over the next few days, many of us will be packing bags, fueling up cars and boarding airplanes. Oahu is our destination. We will be witnessing what is to be the greatest rock show to ever be performed by the nine greatest entertainers of the past two decades: Bono, The Edge, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Larry Mullen Jr., Matt Cameron, Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, and Adam Clayton. This show will go down in history as the greatest moment in rock 'n roll. 55,000 fans of music's best will come together as one. For six hours, the world will freeze, the skies will open their windows, and the air of Pearl City, Oahu, will flicker with the lights of Willie Williams. Goosebumps will crawl over the arms and legs of many fans in Aloha Stadium, people attending the Setlist Party, and fans around the world who know the concert is going on. Even people who do not know the concert will be taking place will feel a settle in the sky. This show will mark the end of U2's Vertigo Tour 2005-2006. 121 shows will have been performed, nearly matching ZooTV. Over 300 million dollars will have been grossed. Millions of fans will have witnessed an incredible journay of mind, soul and rock n roll. I know, personally, when I step off that plane onto the Hawaiian turf on December 7th, I will be stepping onto a land that, two days later, will be taken over by these nine amazing musicians. Paradise, friends, U2, Pearl Jam, and Guiness. People, it's time to party...

Ok, so it's 2:52am and I am bored, don't heckle me haha.

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
... witnessing what is to be the greatest rock show to ever be performed by the nine greatest entertainers of the past two decades: Bono, The Edge, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Larry Mullen Jr., Matt Cameron, Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, and Adam Clayton.

What about Rocko?

Ah yes, and Rocko. As a IATSE member and musician, how could I have left him out? Without stage managers, the world could not be able to function. Rock on Rocko in his modern life

SMB

There should be a thread devoted to what signs and banners should be made for Rocko and the Devils. The "We Love Dirty Roadies" from one of the Australian tech soundchecks(moments before the evening u2 performance) has set he bar quite high.

Shawn Bonneau said:
The Final Days Address:

We will be witnessing what is to be the greatest rock show to ever be performed by the nine greatest entertainers of the past two decades...

SMB

No heckling here, mate. Except a few howls of jealousy...

Shawn Bonneau said:
The Final Days Address:

Over the next few days, many of us will be packing bags, fueling up cars and boarding airplanes. Oahu is our destination.

I'm willing to pack your bags, carry them, fuel your car, drive your car...god i'll even fly the bloody plane (yikes!) ...if you can just buy me an airfare and and a tix!!!!

For those that are going....:rockon:

Shawn Bonneau said:
The Final Days Address:

Over the next few days, many of us will be packing bags, fueling up cars and boarding airplanes. Oahu is our destination. We will be witnessing what is to be the greatest rock show to ever be performed by the nine greatest entertainers of the past two decades: Bono, The Edge, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Larry Mullen Jr., Matt Cameron, Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, and Adam Clayton. This show will go down in history as the greatest moment in rock 'n roll. 55,000 fans of music's best will come together as one. For six hours, the world will freeze, the skies will open their windows, and the air of Pearl City, Oahu, will flicker with the lights of Willie Williams. Goosebumps will crawl over the arms and legs of many fans in Aloha Stadium, people attending the Setlist Party, and fans around the world who know the concert is going on. Even people who do not know the concert will be taking place will feel a settle in the sky. This show will mark the end of U2's Vertigo Tour 2005-2006. 121 shows will have been performed, nearly matching ZooTV. Over 300 million dollars will have been grossed. Millions of fans will have witnessed an incredible journay of mind, soul and rock n roll. I know, personally, when I step off that plane onto the Hawaiian turf on December 7th, I will be stepping onto a land that, two days later, will be taken over by these nine amazing musicians. Paradise, friends, U2, Pearl Jam, and Guiness. People, it's time to party...

SMB

BRAVO! Partaaaaay people in the house! Woot woot!!

I know I am going to have an out of body experience during the show..., it will probably happen when I get off the plane! Tears of joy for sure, this is my first show and it's a huge deal to me personally after the summer I had. :rockon:

Re: Re: As We Grow Near...

Jeannieco said:
I know am going to have an out of body experience during the show..., it will probably happen when I get off the plane!

If you have your out-of-body experience when you get to Aloha Stadium, give me a call and I'll help you find an extra ticket.

this is going to be one of, if not the greatest U2 concerts of all time, i can really just feel it, i hope it is recorded pro somewhere

because if deserves to be

Now that's a mighty fine speech SMB.

:drool:

For those of us who can't be there for such a momentous occasion, it's comforting to know we will be so well represented. :wink:

thelaj said:
I think very much that they should end by playing Vertigo (encore).

You do? :ohmy:

Are you good at avoiding flaming arrows?

Actually I have to agree. It would be a very fitting finale. ;)

thelaj said:
I think very much that they should end by playing Vertigo (encore).

It’s not my preference, but I also have a feeling it may happen.

I hope we get 40, I think we wll.

pattip2000 said:

I hope we get 40, I think we wll.

Me too:

I am hoping for:

Vertigo part 2 :)
Happy Christmas (war is over)
Yaweh
40 ( the whole song)

40 is just the perfect ending to the show. This show demands a SPIRITUAL ending. Tis the season ya know?

I can't imagine an abrupt ending to the very last song of the tour and then... GOD Bless you GOODNIGHT. :|

That would be a downer big time.

A girl can dream...
40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40!!!:drool:

Something like

Desire > Kite > Bad/40 > Vertigo

would be good. I know 40 has the whole "spiritual" thing, but the power of the second Vertigo is heady.

"Goodbye Goodbye...Goodbye Goooooodbye, we're at a place called Hawaiiiiii"

^ it's only been a few weeks since this leg started so I think this is the perfect way to see them end the tour. They aren't burnt out yet and the closer is less than 2 weeks away!!

I feel really lucky to be able to witness them at their best for a historic concert in Hawaii! Bring it on!! :rockon:

Shawn that was very eloquent and awesome to read. I too am going to honolulu for the first time, especially for this occasion. The closer the day comes the more I know tears of joy will stream down my face as soon as I enter the stadium. Ok, not as SOON as I enter but definitely when the music starts. I have every intention of losing my voice and shell out my hard earned money on concert souvenirs (which I NEVER do). I can hardly contain my excitement.

Back
Top Bottom