Article about Vertigo tour and what's next

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Article about Vertigo tour and what's next

kramwest1 said:

They were still projecting the Human Rights speech on fog on 5th Leg shows?
I didn't see it in NZ or Honolulu (the speech was on the video screens, but I didn't see any smoke projecting going on).

Mark

Well Yeah , the 5th leg not sure , but they were still using in the 4th leg

Utoo said:

I kinda feel the same way about big productions, too. Nothing's going to top ZooTV and there's no point in trying.

In terms of production itself , not fans likeness or sthing like , I don't think there's discussion that Popmart was bigger

J_NP said:

In terms of production itself , not fans likeness or sthing like , I don't think there's discussion that Popmart was bigger

I don't know. Yeah, the screen was massive. But in terms of the long list of ideas going into it, the amount of creative people involved, and the day-to-day evolution of it, I think that ZooTV was 'bigger' than PopMart's giant video screen.

Utoo said:

I don't know. Yeah, the screen was massive. But in terms of the long list of ideas going into it, the amount of creative people involved, and the day-to-day evolution of it, I think that ZooTV was 'bigger' than PopMart's giant video screen.

Everything mate , The Screen , the lemon thing , the size of the stage , The costs , I'm sure Popmart had heavier costs than zoo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Article about Vertigo tour and what's next

J_NP said:

Well Yeah , the 5th leg not sure , but they were still using in the 4th leg

They did it in Honolulu...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Article about Vertigo tour and what's next

Catlady said:

They did it in Honolulu...

I had a side view of the stage from the balcony in Honolulu, and I didn't see the fog projection. But, I had a front view at both NZ shows and didn't see/notice it either.
I guess what I'm getting at is that maybe it was way too subtle to be a good effect. Not mention what the wind or rain might do to it.

Mark

Re: Re: Re: Article about Vertigo tour and what's next

IrishDawg said:

Exactly. Weren't they going to do it for the Vertigo tour? :eyebrow:

Yeah and I can see it working so well with U2.com.

U2.com would probably tap into a Robbie Williams concert and mistake Rock DJ for The Fly or something

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom