Are they in Vancouver yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amarks86

The Fly
Were they supposed to come into Vancouver tonight? I just as cause at about 9:00 I saw a really fancy looking limo a few mins from the Pan Pacific (the hotel they are supposed to be staying at) then at about 9:30 I saw a private looking plane flying into the airport. It just got my mind racing :)

And no I'm not a crazy stalker, both the hotel and airport are on my way home lol.

Definitely not, as they're at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony in New York!

bono_man2002 said:
We'll they're definitly not here........last time I looked.

I found Adam hiding in the garden last week! He said he was looking for Edge, who'd last been seen watching owls and collecting their droppings, but I don't believe a word he said.

Has anyone even confirmed officially or semi officially that rehearsals are indeed taking place in Vancouver? All I saw was the one article from a month or so ago and that was rumor that was never confirmed. Has anyone in Vancouver been down to the arena? Are there trucks and crew there? Can anyone there confirm anything?

Yes, it has been confirmed that there are production rehearsals in Vancouver. Check atu2.com's blog, they had people down there who took pictures of the trucks and talked to the crew. They've been there for at least a week now.Whether the band will be there at all is not officially confirmed, but pretty likely at some point IMO. Probably in the next few days.

Axver said:

I found Adam hiding in the garden last week! He said he was looking for Edge, who'd last been seen watching owls and collecting their droppings, but I don't believe a word he said.

LOLOLOLOL

oceane said:
Yes, it has been confirmed that there are production rehearsals in Vancouver. Check atu2.com's blog, they had people down there who took pictures of the trucks and talked to the crew. They've been there for at least a week now.Whether the band will be there at all is not officially confirmed, but pretty likely at some point IMO. Probably in the next few days.

:up: Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Do you have a link though, all I see in the blog is about the RNRHOF induction.

Last edited:
Well I was down at the stadium last Thursday and Today and I've seen trucks and stuff. Today looked a bit busier than Thursday but I still couldnt see anything of signifigance, just audio equipment and stuff.

I was down at Gm Place tonight and I could hear them playing. It was a little har with the trafffic but it sounded like they were playing Lady with a Spinning Head. There were a couple suits that walked in and out and there were two large black suburban parked at the doors behind the trucks. So I would say they are here. I also heard rumor that they are staying at a Hotel on Beatty St.

Webside

I don't know.

This contest for a U2 rehearsal on the 26th in LA has me thinking that LA is the place to be for all the rehearsals. There was talk somewhere that U2's stage had to be out of GM Place by the 19th. It is becoming clear in my mind that the stage will move to LA immediately and be set up by the 21st or so. This gives U2 5-6 nights of continuous rehearsals of which they only need 4-5 nights really. The 26th would be this last rehearsal date and then its a day off for rest and stage moving to San Diego. This makes sense to me. U2 would only practice with their new stage in the final week leading up to the tour opener. This was the case with the Elevation Tour rehearsals.

As far as U2 playing in GM place tonight? I'm sorry, but they don't stay up and party in NYC till 3am and then hit a plane to Vancouver to practice tonight. :no: I don't buy that.

I'm sorry fellow Vancouver U2 fans, but I have a bad feeling U2 are setting up shop in LA, not here. The stage is being built here. Nothing more.

I hope I'm wrong about this.

Me? Gullible? Believe things on the internet? Naaah. :sad:

Well, Webside might not be wrong per se - they could be doing sound checks in there. Just without the boys.

Security was walking around the outside. I also spoke with to a girl that had been listening in earlier. She said she spoke with security earlier in the day and they said they weren't here and that she heard the roadies jamming, but that could have been to keep her away. As far the the music it sounded raw and was stopped several times in the middle of the song and it was definately Bono's voice I could hear. Also as I posted in another thread there were 2 large black SUV's outside. I also sawa couple suits pull up in black lincolns and go inside. They oppenned the bay door aat one point but I was above it on the pedway and couldn't really see in.

Webside

I just spoke with Manager at the hotel I'm at which is across from GM place and he said that they are supposed to be staying at a hotel just 2 doors down. When I'm not working if I see anything I'll let people know.

Also I wonder if they would have any plans in town on the 17th since it's St. Paddy's Day.

Webside

Blarney Stone perhaps? :wink:

A hotel two doors down from one across from GM Place? I guess they're staying low-key this time. No Pan Pacific, eh?

melsbud said:
Blarney Stone perhaps? :wink:

A hotel two doors down from one across from GM Place? I guess they're staying low-key this time. No Pan Pacific, eh?

Maybe the Westin or whatever its called. It looks nice from the outside and is pretty close to GM place.

Back
Top Bottom