Are there any interesting forums about the current tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
I'm getting a bit bored with this forum as it seems to be saturated with immaturity.

A really good thread could start up and then degenerates into a childish free for all.

Of course, some members get a hard on flaming others and need to get their spotty faces in the sunlight more often - even maybe forming a relationship with a human being (a live one)?

Other members seem to think they know it all and can't take or read criticism properly because they're looking through closed eyes.

The majority of members on here are cool, but the threads and posts aren't.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still visit here and post my comments, but I need something more....hmmm, an interesting thread with interesting posts would be a start.

I understand that EVERY forum will have it's dicks, but can someone point me in the direction of a good conversation with mature fans?!

Of course I realise that there will be a few of the obligatory (for numbnuts, that's in the dictionary just above obtuse) boringly childish replies to this, but I can live with that.

(Psssst...f you read deeper into this post then you might just get my point)

U2mixer said:
I'm getting a bit bored with this forum as it seems to be saturated with immaturity.

eck05.gif

:wink:

U2mixer,

There are plenty of mature people discussing the Vertigo Tour on this forum. If you feel there is not enough mature or intellectual discussion, then be the change you want to see in the forum and start new topics on aspects of Vertigo you would like to discuss.

HelloAngel said:
U2mixer,

There are plenty of mature people discussing the Vertigo Tour on this forum. If you feel there is not enough mature or intellectual discussion, then be the change you want to see in the forum and start new topics on aspects of Vertigo you would like to discuss.

Good point, but I'd still like to see less flaming and more constructive criticism.

I do realise that there are mature members on this forum (the immature ones are in the minority), but I guess I get a bit pissed when someone goes to the trouble of making a valid point only for that thread to turn into a childish squabble.

And my remark about the dictionary, 'numbnuts' describes this type of person not ALL members, obviously, and is meant to illustrate my point.

But I do think this forum could be monitored better - with a bit more 'toughness' by the monitors.

Well mate, what would you like to discuss about the vertigo tour? There are plenty of people like me here who will give their own, adult opinions on stuff. Whilst there are obivously views i don't agree with, there is still a lot of 'valid' viewes

My advice would be not to take things so seriously.

Alot of the people around here have been discussing U2 and this tour for quite some time here. They get into what seems like silly squabbles, but so much of it is in good fun.

It's a message board - you can't really control how people choose to respond or joke around. This is a place to relax and not be so serious.

Just start threads with topics that appeal to you. You'll find convo partners that I guess are acceptable to you, but in the meantime, if people are irritating you, just ignore them, instead of perhaps generalizing too much or taking things too seriously.

The forum is monitored/moderated heavily, and we do the best we can, truly.

HelloAngel said:
My advice would be not to take things so seriously.
Just start threads with topics that appeal to you. You'll find convo partners that I guess are acceptable to you, but in the meantime, if people are irritating you, just ignore them, instead of perhaps generalizing too much or taking things too seriously.

The forum is monitored/moderated heavily, and we do the best we can, truly.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day.

Live and let live, hey.

Yeh, and I know you're doing a sterling job :applaud:

And maybe I am taking things too seriously today - no more coffee.

Miricale_Drug said:
Well mate, what would you like to discuss about the vertigo tour? There are plenty of people like me here who will give their own, adult opinions on stuff. Whilst there are obivously views i don't agree with, there is still a lot of 'valid' viewes

Thanks MD, I appreciate your reply.
Will check back soon.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day.

Some days it's too easy to get way too involved in what's happening on an online forum, and for whatever reason, it's hard to just walk away, even though you know you should.

One's mood makes a HUGE difference. If I'm having a shitty day, I might get supremely pissed off if I see someone bitching about setlists. Other days, I'll just roll my eyes and ignore it.

Stick around Interference - there's a lot of good eggs around here.

:)

corianderstem said:

Some days it's too easy to get way too involved in what's happening on an online forum, and for whatever reason, it's hard to just walk away, even though you know you should.

One's mood makes a HUGE difference. If I'm having a shitty day, I might get supremely pissed off if I see someone bitching about setlists. Other days, I'll just roll my eyes and ignore it.

Stick around Interference - there's a lot of good eggs around here.

:)

Cheers, corianderstem :)

You seem like a good egg whereas I'm a bit scrambled at the moment :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom