Are behind the stage seats really bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

polkahard

The Fly
I managed to get tickets for Philly I (5/14). They're in Section 219, and I was warned that they are "rear-view" seats. I realize they are behind the stage, so since this is my first U2 concert, I have to ask, how bad are these seats?

Even if I can't see anything but the back of Bono's head, I'll just be glad to be in the building. Especially after I read all the pre-sale horror stories at all the U2 forums.

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, I think behind the stage can be pretty cool. For Elevation, I saw the show from the front (GA), very good tickets on the side of the stage, and shitty seats way up. I didn't see it from behind, but I remember thinking it actually looked pretty cool. You are in fact closer to the band than most people, and Bono was always cool with the people in the back. A friend of mine got rear-view seats for one show, and she loved it. You see the band from the back, but you have this really cool view of the whole arena.

I would personally go for cheaper rear-view tickets rather than paying 160$ to be way high up on the other side of the arena.

Thing is, if the show is in the round as rumoured, no seat will be bad view point wise.

Ive had behind the stage seats before, and I felt detached from the show, but that was just me.

at this point it doesn't matter, even if they're in the bathroom, just buy them if you really want to be at a U2 show.

There's no way this show is in the round.....considering that the tickets specifically said "Behind stage"

I saw U2 3rd leg Elevation from behind the stage and it was still an awesome concert!

You are close and Edge did come out to us a couple of times!!!

At Vegas, on the side of the stage and these were the cheapest seats and I had an awesome time. could see everything!

How much are the lower level tix for behind the stage on this tour? On the last tour they were the same price as GA. Are they $49.50 on this tour?

atikicat said:
How much are the lower level tix for behind the stage on this tour? On the last tour they were the same price as GA. Are they $49.50 on this tour?

They are the same price as GA!!

I'm trying to get rid of 2 tix in chicago May 10 and 2 on May 12, they are behind stage with a side view!

skjuls said:

They are the same price as GA!!

I'm trying to get rid of 2 tix in chicago May 10 and 2 on May 12, they are behind stage with a side view!
I'll take the ones for the 10th if they're in the 100 level. I can send you the money via paypal, or something else if you prefer (money order, etc.)

atikicat@hotmail.com

Last edited:
During Elevation i had golden circle for the first leg, and rear view for the third leg. I think that I would have been dissapointed with the rear view if I hadn't seen a similar show from the front. Because I had seen them just a few months earlier it was a whole new set of thrills. They walked out of the door right in front of us so I got to be really close to them. It was the first time, for me, that I had seen a U2 concert where I didn't watch the screen at all... I was close enough to see the band. When they left the stage they all waved to our section directly. We all got to witness small exchanges, like smiles, between the band mates. I really liked it, but wouldn't have if it was my first U2 concert, or even my first concert that tour.

I am beginning to think they haven't sold the lower levels at all yet, because none of them are on broker sites or Ebay. Just a few at the very back of the arenas. So those of us that are emtpy-handed may be able to get those later, but it of course involves constantly looking at TM.

Back
Top Bottom