anyone trying for tickets in three hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UKTan said:

Well..I'm not sure but...if you used different names & credit cards, to me that would be two seperate bookings. They don't state that the limit is 4 tickets per household, just per booking. Using that logic, you could be alright. But it is Ticketmaster so who the hell knows :huh:

Some people have said that when they called Ticketmaster, ppl there told them that they checked credit card numbers...but not sure if that was Ticketmaster US or UK.

It might be worth calling TM and finding out from them (don't tell them anything about your order tho, just in case :))

Good luck tho...hope you all end up with your tickets ok.

i mentioned this in another post - ticket master told me over the phone that my housemate and I, even though we are no way related, have totally unsimilar names (and he's a guy, i'm a girl so there really is no reason to get confused) could not both buy tickets as the billing address is the same and they would cancel the orders.
that seems very unfair seeing the only real thing we have in common is we share the same living space.

digsy said:

i mentioned this in another post - ticket master told me over the phone that my housemate and I, even though we are no way related, have totally unsimilar names (and he's a guy, i'm a girl so there really is no reason to get confused) could not both buy tickets as the billing address is the same and they would cancel the orders.
that seems very unfair seeing the only real thing we have in common is we share the same living space.

Altho that's despressing to read, thanks for clearing it up Digsy.

Cardiff ticket sales were a total shambles. After 90 solid minutes of getting absolutely nowhere on the phone or the internet, I decided to go to the box office in the city itself. The queue was filled with people who were trying to buy tickets for all sorts of things - football, 'Holiday on Ice' (I don't even want to know...) - which meant that it went really slowly. To make things worse, there were just two ticket windows open, and they seemed to be taking names and addresses from people who were buying tickets. More delay, in other words. Finally, after 3 hours in the cold, with just about 10 people between me and the window, they announced that the gig was sold out. A glorious day.

promenade1138 said:
Cardiff ticket sales were a total shambles. After 90 solid minutes of getting absolutely nowhere on the phone or the internet, I decided to go to the box office in the city itself. The queue was filled with people who were trying to buy tickets for all sorts of things - football, 'Holiday on Ice' (I don't even want to know...) - which meant that it went really slowly. To make things worse, there were just two ticket windows open, and they seemed to be taking names and addresses from people who were buying tickets. More delay, in other words. Finally, after 3 hours in the cold, with just about 10 people between me and the window, they announced that the gig was sold out. A glorious day.

I might have two Cardiff GA's available if you're interested....let me know...

Thanks fluffy123 - it's really good of you to offer, but four of us had made a 'We all or go together, or no one goes' pact. I'm just hoping that they announce another Cardiff date.

No problem, I know what you mean though. There was six of us who had a similar pact for couple of the dates on this tour. Now thats all messed up, a couple of them are flying back home from New Zealand and arent contactable and I'm stuck as the booking guy wondering what to do! hehe

I wouldnt be surprised to see a second Cardiff date though..

Just for an update on the situation, I called TM and asked about if my tickets would be ok if two seperate orders were to the same billing address, and he said it was, as long as the cards used were different for each order. He checked both orders of tickets and they were fine, and I've had confirmation emails for both. I guess this means I'm in the clear. I don't understant why digsy was told this wasnt allowed.. Im still slightly worried but if I've had confirmation over the phone then I think its ok.. I guess if there is any trouble the fact that my father is a lawyer will come in handy.

Back
Top Bottom