Anyone else have "rear section" seats, I'm hoping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eowynbaby

Babyface
the seats won't be to bad. I've read that the concert is "back to basics" where there won't be lot's of stuff on stage. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I hope so! I have seats at the back too and it'll be my first concert so I want to be able to see something! :huh:
I'm sure that if they sold seats behind the stage that the stage would be open or else there would be no point in having those seats at all.

I have back corner on Edge's side....pretty much my spot. I dig being in back of the stage. You're so much closer than 3/4 of the building, the sound's usually stellar back there, the atmosphere (generally) is a little looser as well. Personally I'm thrilled with being in back of the stage.

Then again with all of these little "in the round" rumors, that might go to shit. :(

Your first concert is U2! That's great. I've been a fan for 21 years, since the 80's, great concerts. From what I've seen from previous Elevation tour and read it's an end stage that's basically open so rear seats are actually good, I think. Who knows, but that would be great. I just get excited knowing I'm in the same building as Bono..and hopefully we'll get an up close view!!

I had some back of the stage seats for Elevation last time...and I loved it! It was way better than a pair of "golden circle" ones that I had for another night...at the opposite end of the arena.
And the crowd does go wild back there!

I have rear stage for San Diego opener....AND I CANT FRICKEN WAIT!!!! :hyper::hyper:

:hmm: I'm hoping to still buy tickets for a second show and I was looking for higher levels with a good view, but from what you guys are saying it will be a LOT easier and way cheaper to get these rear view tickets...

U2SJ said:
I had some back of the stage seats for Elevation last time...and I loved it! It was way better than a pair of "golden circle" ones that I had for another night...at the opposite end of the arena.
And the crowd does go wild back there!

I have rear stage for San Diego opener....AND I CANT FRICKEN WAIT!!!! :hyper::hyper:

See ya there, row 4, 6B

brianh20 said:
I have back corner on Edge's side....pretty much my spot. I dig being in back of the stage. You're so much closer than 3/4 of the building, the sound's usually stellar back there, the atmosphere (generally) is a little looser as well. Personally I'm thrilled with being in back of the stage.

Then again with all of these little "in the round" rumors, that might go to shit. :(

I'm also on The Edge's side, but at the side of the stage, which I think will be better. I would NOT ever purchase tix behind the stage again...I was stuck there during the Elevation Tour, and the seats were a joke. There were so-ooo many blockades...( speakers/video screens/amplifier equipment...and so on ) that all you could see...depended on...where the band members stood. I occasionally caught Adam & Edge, definitely saw Bono more, as he moves around more...but didn't hardly ever see Larry as the drum kit blocked him. Plus...back stage means just that...you see them MOSTLY from behind, so that really is lousy...IMO.:madspit:

I think it depends on where you're seats are. I had behind the stage for LA3 in 2001 at Staples. I think we had section 210?, we were behind larry and adam and it was awesome and I would totally sit there again.

I have behind the stage for the opener on this tour, but this time we are at the very top on Edge's side. I'm not expecting to be that happy with our seats, but I'm just grateful to be in the building. I'll probably be looking at the screen the whole time :)

Originally posted by oktobergirl

I'm not expecting to be that happy with our seats, but I'm just grateful to be in the building. I'll probably be looking at the screen the whole time :)

Well to me...that's not an enjoyable concert. If it were me, I'd have tried for "better" seats ( if possible). Sorry...but watching a concert off the video screens...just doesn't feel like a concert. I would want to be able to "SEE" them (look at them) perform. Watching them off a screen, is like, watching them on a DVD or TV.
(which could be done at home.) This shows you are truly grateful to be in the building...Good Luck, I hope you do get to enjoy the concert anyway.

I've heard that the view from rear seats is pretty good, esp. during "Streets" where you can see the lights on the audience. Hmmm...might just try to get rear seats for one of the shows.

Chizip said:
i love it in the rear :up:

oh, wait, disregard that statement....:shifty:

:lmao:

I found someone willing to sell me extra tickets to the show I want. It's for section 225 and after reading this thread, I'm quite looking forward to it!

Chizip said:

I've got GAs for 5/7 and 5/9. If I can't find an additional one for 5/10 I'll PM you. How close to the 5/7 show are you willing to switch?

sweet, well obviously the sooner the better so i can finish up some plans, but if you want to take your time to try to find a better trade or whatever that is fine

although if you do swap with me ill love you forever, and thats always a bonus :wink:

Chizip said:
sweet, well obviously the sooner the better so i can finish up some plans, but if you want to take your time to try to find a better trade or whatever that is fine

although if you do swap with me ill love you forever, and thats always a bonus :wink:
hmmm...
*assessing the worth of Chizip love...*
would that make you my cabana boy for life? :D

i will let you know. i'm having a hard time with the decision of buying from an Ebayer...I just hate supporting scalping. :mad: at the same time, I really wanna give Bono some B'day love :heart:

yes i am good at being a cabana boy

i could even dress up as bono if you wanted

i guess that would make me your cabono boy

i went to bonos birthday show during the elevation tour and it was amazing. the GA line was so festive. i wish i could go this year but i dont live in chicago so i need to go to the saturday show

and yes scalpers are bad :shame:

:sexywink:

Chizip said:
yes i am good at being a cabana boy

i could even dress up as bono if you wanted

i guess that would make me your cabono boy

i went to bonos birthday show during the elevation tour and it was amazing. the GA line was so festive. i wish i could go this year but i dont live in chicago so i need to go to the saturday show

and yes scalpers are bad :shame:

:sexywink:

cabono boy--now, i'm really diggin' that idea :flirt:
i know this was addressed on another thread, but maybe you can clarify: some say United Ctr does NOT allow camping, and others say that the line in 2001 started at 2 in the morning or something like that. Any info on this? I'm not sure I want to come out of the show the night of the 9th and get back in line again an hour later...that would just suck.

so, uh, what are you doing with the ticket if you don't get a trade? :shifty:

well last time you could start camping out whenever, and people would leave a show and get in line for the next days show immediately

but i think somebody said in another thread they dont allow camping out anymore, but im sure people will find a spot to line up and then move to the united center when possible

its craziness

if i dont get a trade ill probably just throw the ticket away or something

I never knew there were so many other U2 fans out there. I've been a fan for what seems like a long time, since I was 14, now 35, listening to my brothers LP of Under a Blood Red Sky in the basement...so long ago. :rockon: :applaud: :up: :happy: :sexywink: Just being able to almost see them will be good enough. It's the closest I'll probably ever be to Bono. I sound like a psycho!!!!! I pretend my husband is Bono at certain times.....Anyway, my seats are not right behind the stage, more over to Edge's side, but looks like might be good enough to see all...I just can't wait!

Chizip said:
well last time you could start camping out whenever, and people would leave a show and get in line for the next days show immediately

but i think somebody said in another thread they dont allow camping out anymore, but im sure people will find a spot to line up and then move to the united center when possible

its craziness

if i dont get a trade ill probably just throw the ticket away or something

:ohmy:
:madspit:

I have a single ticket, rear stage, upper bowl for the United Center in Chicago.
This will be my twenty-somethingth show (most were 84-87), and I must say that just to be in the building will be enough for me.
Since I am alone, I may experiment with wandering the venue a little and finding a sliver of aisle here and there to stand in, if it is even possible to do that.
This record has been and this tour I hope will be "a sort of homecoming" for me.

I've got some tickets for 5/12 in Chicago behind the stage in the upper deck that I'll get rid of when a trade I negotiated for better seats goes through.

will have to wait until 3/28/05 to be positive. Hoping this forum will share full details of the stage and rear view seating.

Had 3 rear views for Chicago in 2001 -- they were actually great seats. The upper level is another story, however . . .

Just to pass along some more unsubstantiated rumors...

There are a couple of threads at U2.com discussing how some behind-the-stage ticket holders are now being informed by Ticketbastard that their views are now obstructed by stage equipment. In one thread, an individual was told that an entire section at the Wachovia Center that had been sold is now closed off, and that those people have been relocated to other seats.

How those other seats became available, I can't imagine, and makes me a little skeptical of the whole thing.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the rear views are not as good for Vertigo as they were for Elevation. There has also been a lot of talk about how this tour stage and production is going to be much more elaborate than the more stripped down Elevation tour.

Back
Top Bottom