Any chance at all of another US Leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
blueeyedgirl said:
No the venom is towards SOME American fans....

And where are these fans? I don't see anyone in this particular thread clamoring for more dates in the U.S. In fact, it's the opposite. :confused:

blueeyedgirl said:
No the venom is towards SOME American fans....

Yeah, the selfish ones who seem to think approximately 70-80 shows over the course of half a bloody year isn't quite enough and U2 needs to go back there because the poor dears are jealous of Australians finally getting to see U2 for the first time in eight years and New Zealanders for the first time in thirteen.

SpaceOddity said:

And where are these fans? I don't see anyone in this particular thread clamoring for more dates in the U.S. In fact, it's the opposite. :confused:

The thread starter, perhaps?

ok.. axver...lets not generalize or assume that "all americans" want a third leg.. There are some who just can't seem to get enough and most of us (myself included) that are content, very grateful for all the shows we did get. Which was quite a bit.. but that tends to be the trend with U2 when it comes to to tour legs each time they tour.. and as someone said.. we are not u2's tour managers.
We have no control over what the band and their management decide to do when it comes to where to tour..
If you want, I can make up a sign saying.. "PLEASE U2 DON'T TOUR IN THE US ANYMORE THIS TOUR, THANKS"

Last edited:
okaaaaay....:huh:

I've only read everyone being very happy for the Australians, New Zealanders and Japanese.

I must have missed the jealously comments.

axver, i've noticed you fight a lot here. i enjoyed your posts a lot more when you would just spread your knowledge of setlists. i'm betting i'm not the only one who feels this way either.

Axver said:
The thread starter, perhaps?

I don't think so. The poster only asked if anyone had heard of any plans. That's it. Clearly, the poor dear is selfish, not to mention jealous of the Aussies and New Zealanders getting to see U2 on this leg of the tour. For shame. :tsk:

Seriously, I haven't read any posts by American fans complaining about U2 touring in Australia, NZ or Japan. Where are you getting this stuff?

SpaceOddity said:
Seriously, I haven't read any posts by American fans complaining about U2 touring in Australia, NZ or Japan. Where are you getting this stuff?

All the "why can't they tour here again?" posts. Because the US really needs a third leg, U2 have neglected it so badly! :happy:

The general impression that I have got is that no amount of shows is ever quite enough, and I have especially seen this attitude from the US. "U2 just played two nights in my city this leg, and two on the previous one, but we need more!" At least when it comes to other parts of the world, that argument is bolstered by "because they haven't performed here for so many years and missed us on this and that tour".

In any case, I can't be bothered with this argument. I've exams to study for and concerts to get hyped about. That's more fun than arguing with people who are guaranteed to get 50+ shows in their country every tour while we're bloody lucky if we just get a few concerts added on to the end.

ramblin rose said:
okaaaaay....:huh:

I've only read everyone being very happy for the Australians, New Zealanders and Japanese.

I must have missed the jealously comments.

:yes:

I don't think anyone is jealous of the americans, or the australians or japanese people.
Aren't we just stating facts? U2 play north america more than anywhere else. Its a fact :up: Not a statement of sheer jealously!

The only time i've felt resentment/anger towards American fans was earlier this year after the tour was postponed. Some (not on this site) were saying that U2 should just can the rest of the tour and get back into the studio.

Of course U2 play North America a lot more. I hate it, but $$$$$ talks.

partygirlvox said:

:yes:

I don't think anyone is jealous of the americans, or the australians or japanese people.
Aren't we just stating facts? U2 play north america more than anywhere else. Its a fact :up: Not a statement of sheer jealously!

I was referring to Axver's comment:

Axver said:

Yeah, the selfish ones who seem to think approximately 70-80 shows over the course of half a bloody year isn't quite enough and U2 needs to go back there because the poor dears are jealous of Australians finally getting to see U2 for the first time in eight years and New Zealanders for the first time in thirteen.

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

I was referring to Axver's comment:

(You put in Axvers quote there, originally posted by partygirlvox :) )

And :ohmy: that does seem rather jealous..
but I don't blame him. The people in N/Z and Australia do miss out alot.

Axver said:

All the "why can't they tour here again?" posts. Because the US really needs a third leg, U2 have neglected it so badly! :happy:

The general impression that I have got is that no amount of shows is ever quite enough, and I have especially seen this attitude from the US. "U2 just played two nights in my city this leg, and two on the previous one, but we need more!" At least when it comes to other parts of the world, that argument is bolstered by "because they haven't performed here for so many years and missed us on this and that tour".

In any case, I can't be bothered with this argument. I've exams to study for and concerts to get hyped about. That's more fun than arguing with people who are guaranteed to get 50+ shows in their country every tour while we're bloody lucky if we just get a few concerts added on to the end.

you know what I take offense to your grouping together all us americans and your supposed general impression. Stop generalizing about all of us.. Cuz we are not all in that frame of mind axver.. Please if you going to state your opinion about this use words that don't give the impression that all "us" americans think that way..:huh:

sorry folks.. i got myself pulled into this drama which I typically stay out of.... It was just all these negative, generalizing comments towards Americans was getting to me... I just had enough of it..:mad:

Last edited:
And :ohmy: that does seem rather jealous..
but I don't blame him. The people in N/Z and Australia do miss out alot.

I look forward to the thread starter returning to this thread and stating exactly what he/she was wanting, because all he/she has done is create a nonsense thread, and he/she might want to pull his/her head out. :|

Maybe the thread starter couldn't get tickets to the Vertigo Tour during the two American legs. If that's true, then I could understand why they would want another leg in America. But I do think the U.S. got plenty of shows this year and I'm happy with what we got. The tour should end in Hawaii. They'll be another tour soon enough.

It wouldn't kill them to play a few more shows in Europe (somewhere south of Austria and east of Poland), and expand a little in Asia.

I also think it's a tad much to ask for a 3rd leg in the US, and that is why people get upset.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

go read a setlist

Although I don't agree with any of the hostility between Headache and Axver, I thought this was a really funny comeback.

U2girl said:
It wouldn't kill them to play a few more shows in Europe (somewhere south of Austria and east of Poland), and expand a little in Asia.

I certainly agree with you. However, my point is it's unfair to paint all of the American fans in such a broad stroke. 90% of us are fairly level-headed and recognize that the U.S. is incredibly lucky in getting so many shows. It's pointless to blame these fans for U2's heavy touring presence in the country - I'm sorry, but there's just not a lot I can personally do about it. I'm not their tour manager. I guess I automatically suck because I was born and raised here.

I've been a U2 fan for as long as I can remember - and I've only been to one show because that's all I've been able to afford. (Sucks being a poor college student). Not all American fans are "greedy" or "selfish". A small few may fit that description, perhaps, who can afford going to multiple shows and continue to demand more... but certainly not most of them.

I also think it's a tad much to ask for a 3rd leg in the US, and that is why people get upset.

Who, exactly, is asking for a 3rd leg in the U.S.? I'm looking for threads and I'm not finding any. The OP was simply wondering if they were going to - he/she was hardly clamoring for one.

Last edited:
American fans aren't painted in broad strokes and they are not blamed for U2's touring there.

It's just that these threads get under ROW fans's skin because you already got so many shows. It doesn't help that ROW fans are then portrayed as "whiners".

I remember posts on 3rd US leg before, not just now. Is there any official hint, or even past touring history, that would support a possibility of a 3rd leg? I mean, what basis is there to assume more US shows when it never happened before?

Well my 2 c.....

The problem is that while I of course would want them to play say 4-5 and more shows in my hometown each tour (Saying something else would be hypocrisy.) , they don't.

But for many americans that is reality. BUT that is of course not the fans fault.

The bigger issue is these threads like "How many shows are you going to?"

- I'm going to 32 shows, I'm going to 14 shows etc..

And there is people who sit and suddenly realize that they may never see their favourite band live.

I have read comments like - Well, go to the U.S then! But certainly that is not an option for all people.

I am blessed to have had the opportunity to see the band in both the U.S and in many places in Europe over several tours.

But of course these sort of threads will raise bad blood among for example New Zeelanders who have missed out on the two latest tours.

partygirlvox said:

Calm down!
Shouldn't the tour technically, if you are thinking about u2, end in ireland? Just seems appropriate that they should play there more often than other countries due to them being from there.

(And anyway, u2 played FOUR dates in the whole of England last tour in two different venues. They played NINE dates in just one state - new york. I'm not saying Europe gets the worst deal, Australia and Japan obviously do. I just think they need to spread themselves out a bit more)

well said, I count myself lucky to have seen U2 twice last year - lots of fans I know did not even get tickets and then you hear that they are almost giving them away outside Boston on the second US leg

I was wondering what the general feel with the US fans about Stadiums V Arenas.
Do you think that the next US tour will be Stadiums.

Being a brit who could not get a ticket for Elevation I would LOVE to see U2 in a arena, I am even planning to come to the states, having NY as the base and following them around for a couple of weeks next tour - esp if they do Stadiums here again and Arenas in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom