Anaheim I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Room said:

Hey, I'm all for criticism of the band. But what the hell do some of you want them to do?? Play YOUR exact order. It just gets stale. Post in the tour bitching section about it. Thats where it belongs.

AMEN!

I'm getting soooo tired of people complaining about not playing their favorite songs at concerts they have not even attended... :huh:

I don't care what your favorite songs are. I just wanna know the setlist. That's why I read this topic. I'm not reading this to find out someone's opinion about how boring ISHFWILF is... Where you in the audience? How the hell do you know if this performance was boring? :huh:

Everyone wanted more variation. That's the only reason why this topic is interesting. Because we finally get more variation! Not because I want to read the bitching about the variation. Like Blue Room said: go to the tour bitching section if you want to bitch! Thank you.

vertiblog is looking for road teams for all shows. if anyone's attending a show and wants to report, contact vertinfo*at*vertiblog.com

Thanks and good night!

Axver said:

I split The Cry because that's how it's always done on u2-vertigo-tour.com, which I'm updating now, and The Cry is never a guarantee with The Electric Co. All JT Tour performances of The Electric Co. lacked The Cry, for example.

But if you want to include them ...

The Cry/The Electric Co., An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Gloria, Zoo Station, The Fly, Running To Stand Still, 40. That's seven songs.

If you think it's great, good for you. I think it's shit.

MrBrau1 said:

No. The same songs over and over and over sucks. Change the order all you want. If that keeps you happy, it sucks to be you.

Changing the order is at least an improvement on what U2 usually do and provides some measure of interest.

Really, Brau, I think you are going overboard here. We've had a number of rarities played for the first time in years (two decades in An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart's case!), and at the two shows after the opener, two songs 'new' for the tour have been introduced at each. In addition, tonight, the band experimented with the order, and essentially played two hour-long sets rather than a long set and an encore. I think this tour is shaping up very well.

So am I right in assuming 'Alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk' will be ommitted? Oh man - I was so hoping for a 'Salome' / 'Alex' / 'Spinning Head' / 'Walk On' / 'The Wanderer' medley when they get down here to Australia... sheesh, ah well - REM tomorrow night! yay!

MrBrau, you are awfully pissy tonight.

The Pre-War songs will be back, maybe even tomorrow night. The band didn't rehearse them for three weeks to play them once or twice.

BTW, does anyone know if Vertigo had the SFB verse tonight?

i'll stick up for the complainers again.

i don't think everyone is complaining as much as saying that they were looking forward to something that didn't come about. they might be happy with what they got still. haven't you guys ever gone to a concert, really wanting to hear a particular song that was your favorite, and they didn't play it, but you had a great time anyway? by saying you wish they had played that song doesn't mean you thought the show sucked, you were just looking forward to it and feel a bit let down. that's all.
i'm not a big fan of this set, though i obviously haven't heard it yet, but i am sure if i was at the show i would have had a great time.

Well I have had enough of the pointless badmouthing in here...the fact is U2 have changed the setlist 3 out of 3 shows not much more you can ask for. Goodnight.

RademR said:

as much as agree, servo2005, I'm trying to be realistic :wink:

What's Bono's quote "dream out loud." Except when it comes to bitching about U2 setlists. Keep it to yourself, or post it in the 1 thread on a board of 1,000 threads.

Listening to radio - "fan" calling in reporting... Says... 'Fans were energetic. When 11:00pm hit, the lights came on and show was over. Another said the same thing. Couldn't believe it was over so soon or abruptly

Can we all agree San Diego 2 was the best so far??

I still am extremely happy about tonight though because they have proven that they will shuffle ... during elevation everything was pretty rigid. The only true variation we had during the first leg was the Chicago "zoo tv" Elevation show, i forget which one that was ... when they played ebttrt, fly, mw, one ....

Soulrock2 said:

AMEN!

I'm getting soooo tired of people complaining about not playing their favorite songs at concerts they have not even attended... :huh:

Yep, and I'm also getting sick of those people who have seen u2 live 100 times and say, drop Streets, drop Pride etc., I've heard them so many times, who cares about those seeing u2 for the first time?

Folks, every night U2 has rotated in new songs. SD2 rotated in WOWY and Gloria. Tonight they rotated in Mysterious Ways and ISHFWILF. I think this bodes well for the future if the trend continues. You might get 2 or 3 new songs rotated in each night. And with a catalog as large as U2's, they don't have to rotate in the same 2 or 3 songs and thus far they have not.

MrBrau1 said:

What's Bono's quote "dream out loud." Except when it comes to bitching about U2 setlists. Keep it to yourself, or post it in the 1 thread on a board of 1,000 threads.

uhh...what are you talking about, man?

Axver said:

Changing the order is at least an improvement on what U2 usually do and provides some measure of interest.

Really, Brau, I think you are going overboard here. We've had a number of rarities played for the first time in years (two decades in An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart's case!), and at the two shows after the opener, two songs 'new' for the tour have been introduced at each. In addition, tonight, the band experimented with the order, and essentially played two hour-long sets rather than a long set and an encore. I think this tour is shaping up very well.

I think the set sucks (as it stands now). If they drop Electric Co and Gloria and continue as they did tonite, it will be the worst U2 setlist of any tour. They're not playing the best songs off the new record (Crumbs and OOTS), they're not playing great old rock tracks, or Bad.

njelevation06 said:
Can we all agree San Diego 2 was the best so far??

I still am extremely happy about tonight though because they have proven that they will shuffle ... during elevation everything was pretty rigid. The only true variation we had during the first leg was the Chicago "zoo tv" Elevation show, i forget which one that was ... when they played ebttrt, fly, mw, one ....

I'm sure you had a great time at SD2. I loved SD1. I would have loved to hear Gloria, but was even more psyched for the ultra-rare An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart. I knew they would eventually play Gloria, but never dreamed of those two.
Also, from the Mp3s they really screwed up 40 and Yahweh was nowhere near as good on SD2.

as you wish16 said:
Folks, every night U2 has rotated in new songs. SD2 rotated in WOWY and Gloria. Tonight they rotated in Mysterious Ways and ISHFWILF. I think this bodes well for the future if the trend continues. You might get 2 or 3 new songs rotated in each night. And with a catalog as large as U2's, they don't have to rotate in the same 2 or 3 songs and thus far they have not.

I really am wondering when this rotation of new songs in will stop and they will just shuffle the catalogue they have. We know IWF, OOC, UTEOTW, and OOTS are up their sleeve. I say OOTS because they did it on the promo tour and in an interview, said eight HTDAAB songs had been rehearsed.

Oh, and they also did Desire and She's A Mystery To Me on the promo tour ... wonder if they will show up.

Well it's the third night this week I'm up past my bedtime browsing the threads on this site, but I'd have to say that this was a seriously brave and beautiful decision to do away with static setlists. May the trend continue.
learning how to kneel,
Anu

Axver said:

I really am wondering when this rotation of new songs in will stop and they will just shuffle the catalogue they have. We know IWF, OOC, UTEOTW, and OOTS are up their sleeve. I say OOTS because they did it on the promo tour and in an interview, said eight HTDAAB songs had been rehearsed.

Oh, and they also did Desire and She's A Mystery To Me on the promo tour ... wonder if they will show up.

If they could add Crumbs and substitute ABOY with OOTS I'd be a happy camper.

MrBrau1 said:

I think the set sucks (as it stands now). If they drop Electric Co and Gloria and continue as they did tonite, it will be the worst U2 setlist of any tour. They're not playing the best songs off the new record (Crumbs and OOTS), they're not playing great old rock tracks, or Bad.

They wouldn't rehearse The Electric Co. and Gloria to just play them on one or two nights. They'll be back. And I think this set is quality, especially the LAPOE --> SBS --> Bullet --> RTSS section.

I'm disappointed they aren't doing Crumbs, but I anticipate it showing up sometime. OOTS doesn't bother me, though I hope it's played at some point. And they've brought back Zoo Station and The Fly! I think this is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom