Anaheim I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the boy songs were rotated out for lack of interest. Had that been the case, they would have probably substituted IWF or OOC

Last edited:
how about everyone quits the complaining about the complaining.

someone should be able to say they don't like something without being jumped on for it. these boards would be dull as shit if they were just people professing their love for u2.

some people will like the set, some will think it's crap. so what. if you don't like differing opinions, log off.

Niceman said:
What a disapointing setlist. I love that Love and Peace opened, but Mysterious Ways and I Still... rotated in? How boring!

Glad that this wasn't my night.

Woohoo, they are great songs!

Everyone has been asking for rotating, varied set lists. We get one, and now people are complaining. They'll mix back in some Boy stuff tomorrow, plus some other yet to be heard stuff as well. This is what we get w/ varied lists...I'm sure we'd all like them to play 25-28 songs and satisfy everyone, but that ain't going to happen. This was a good variation tonight.

The one plus to this shitty set-list is I won't have to spend any time tomorrow looking for MP3's of this show. Cause I've already got dozens of live verions of each tune (w/ Bono singing the right lyrics.)

i LOVE the mixed up setlist!!! way to go, U2! hopefully, they will continue to vary a few songs from night to night... woohooo!!!

:drool: :love: :hyper:

Disappointed that the Boy songs were removed, and am getting VERY nervous that my favorite song from the new album, Crumbs, will never be played :sad:

bridonohue said:

someone should be able to say they don't like something without being jumped on for it. these boards would be dull as shit if they were just people professing their love for u2.

some people will like the set, some will think it's crap. so what. if you don't like differing opinions, log off.

how about you quite the complaining about the complaining about the complaining :p

Niceman said:
What a disapointing setlist. I love that Love and Peace opened, but Mysterious Ways and I Still... rotated in? How boring!

Glad that this wasn't my night.

well unfortunatly, all the other 14,000 fans in the arena are happy this was their setlist. As sad as it it, during opening night the "Boy" songs brought the crowd to a halt. I had predicted those songs wouldnt hang around much longer, as i was there and noticed most folks reaction during that part of the show. If U2 wants to play for "hardcore" fans.. then maybe they should stick to smaller venues & label it a tour for "hardcore" fans. Then maybe they can perform everyone's much beloved "Acrobat". :wink:

i'm happy to see they are alternating the setlist around. Now i wont know what to expect at Staples. yay!

Last edited:
bridonohue said:

Hey, I'm all for criticism of the band. But what the hell do some of you want them to do?? Play YOUR exact order. It just gets stale. Post in the tour bitching section about it. Thats where it belongs.

Yes I think this running order is the best yet opening with Love and Peace is an awesome thing to be doing.

Arcadion said:

Woohoo, they are great songs!

Of course they are, but how many times have you heard them live? Wouldn't you rather they played something more unusual or more daring? If they wanted to rotate in some safe songs they should have rotated out other safe songs for them...

Just my opinion...

This setlist is crap,boring,bullshit.They need to make the better decisions on that setlist.Where are the song UTEOTW,Walk On,WOWY,Electrical Storm?

They need to forget Zoo Station,The Fly and Running to Stand Still.

That was so hot - lot of speeding up and slowing down tonight. No 'Lemon' or 'Discotheque' yet - maybe in Miami??

Niceman said:

Of course they are, but how many times have you heard them live? Wouldn't you rather they played something more unusual or more daring? If they wanted to rotate in some safe songs they should have rotated out other safe songs for them...

Just my opinion...

I haven't seen u2 live before so I was hoping to see these two. Would be happy if they replaced Elevation and Bullet though.

Its a strange setlist but hey i'll take it!
I'm not complaining ....But can i just say i miss Electric Co :reject: don't hate me...:sad:
Can't wait to hear the bootleg now...ohh i gotta sleep..! :)
Goodnight everyone! :hyper:

this is funny.....it's like "Electric Co" and "Gloria" reached UTEOTW or IWF status...they play them for the first time in 15+ years, and one night they dont play them, and everyone is like "where the hell are they? How could they have no played songs from BOY"

Everyone calm down, AT LEAST one will be back tommorow. Let's hope anyway :wink:

let them get into a comfortable place - they will add new songs as they become more confident
Mysterious Ways:drool:

btw - Vertiblog:up:

i liked Sand Diego 2's setlist as the best yet.

The new stuff is best mixed in with the Boy/October songs in the begining.

Nice addition of Mysterious Ways though.

crosby87 said:

It's statements like these that show why U2 is going to have a rotating setlist for the tour. While you are sick of those songs, I LOVE that Zoo Station and The Fly are out there, and many others do too. I could also do without WOWY!

Niceman said:

oh, i think he was referring to the fact that Mysterious Ways is one of my favorite live songs EVER! so, yeah, i am a happy girl after hearing that it was played. :)

i think they'll rotate in the "boy" songs every couple of nights. i just like the fact that they're kinda messing with things- keep it up, boys!

dabiggestu2fan said:

how about you quite the complaining about the complaining about the complaining :p

agreed, i will for now on praise the complaining. it's the best i've seen in a while. real varied compliants, just wish they would have used more words, or different ones, like acrobat.:)

madonna said:

well unfortunatly, all the other 14,000 fans in the arena are happy this was their setlist. As sad as it it, during opening night the "Boy" songs brought the crowd to a halt. I had predicted those songs wouldnt hang around much longer, as i was there and noticed most folks reaction during that part of the show. If U2 wants to play for "hardcore" fans.. then maybe they should stick to smaller venues & label it a tour for "hardcore" fans.

i'm happy to see they are alternating the setlist around. Now i wont know what to expect at Staples. yay!

I was there opening night too, and those two songs were amazing!

But my issue isn't that they didn't play An Cat Dubh, Into the Heart, or Gloria. I just wish they had played something else that wasn't so safe in their place. maybe Ultraviolet and Lemon? Or Unforgettable Fire and Wire? Crumbs from your Table and Original of the Species???

Positives:
- VARIATION!
- Very good flow.
- LAPOE should be an excellent opener.
- Inclusion of Mysterious Ways and ISHFWILF for the first time on the tour.
- Four HTDAAB songs in a row at the end. They never did four ATYCLB songs in a row.
- 40 stays as the closer. I hope for the whole tour.
- Considering the encore began after One, it's essentially two sets.

Negatives:
- No pre-War songs.
- Could have been a song or two longer to correct aforementioned negative.

I think it's a very good set, but the worst of the three. Which isn't an insult, as they are all solid, quality sets.

And to those who think the old stuff is gone: U2 wouldn't have spent all the time they must have spent practising them to play them for just ONE night. Really, stop being such fearmongers/shit-stirrers/pessimists/whatever. The pre-War songs will be back.

dabiggestu2fan said:
oh GREAT so the complaining begins! WHY can't people just be happy damm it this complaining is ruining my experience please shush or take it to the bash the Vertigo tour thread!

I agree. I'm getting so fed up with the constant whining. :mad:

I like the setlist. I'm sorry that there is no WOWY this time round (maybe tomorrow?) and still hoping for OOTS (please?) but Im glad they included MW and ISHFWILF, two of my favourite songs. :up:

crosby87 said:
This setlist is crap,boring,bullshit.They need to make the better decisions on that setlist.Where are the song UTEOTW,Walk On,WOWY,Electrical Storm?

Troll, you've already been told to piss off once. I hope you don't need to be told again.

thatsnotmypuppy said:
That was so hot - lot of speeding up and slowing down tonight. No 'Lemon' or 'Discotheque' yet - maybe in Miami??

Don't expect anything exciting like that. But you will get to hear NYD again. Whooo!. Thanks U2, for keeping the turds who own your 2 greatest hits CD's happy! And giving longtime fans nothing they haven't heard 100 times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom