Anaheim I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kakvox said:

Umm, yes. :shifty:

kind of sad. if they did throw in ultraviolet, mysterious ways, oots, and a few others we know they rehearsed, that would be news, but i'll hold the excited for any set changes till they swap out 25% of the songs at a show.

i thought that the first 6 songs at sd 2 kicked ass and was a great momentum builder for the rest of the show. i am skeptical that this is an improvent.

Lila64 said:
I forgot who wrote this so many pages ago (my bad!). The friend who got GAs tonite at thePond, where on the floor did she end up? Good spot?

she wasn't on the rail but further back...At that point being on the floor is pretty amazing for being able to get GAs at the last minute like that... If you want the rail you have to line up earlier... not sure what you are looking for. If its just to get in on the floor then go for it!

They can't do ten new songs a night, no one does that many! Sheesh! If they do one to three new songs a show they'll will have done over a hundred different tunes before fall.

kakvox said:

Umm, yes. :shifty:

kind of sad. if they did throw in ultraviolet, mysterious ways, oots, and a few others we know they rehearsed, that would be news, but i'll hold the excitement for any set changes till they swap out 25% of the songs at a show.

i thought that the first 6 songs at sd 2 kicked ass and was a great momentum builder for the rest of the show. i am skeptical that this is an improvment.

If you ask me (and I know you aren't), they are just testing their comfort zone tonight as far as shifting things around a bit, but only adding a new song or two.

love & peace
bloody sunday
bullet.....( hands )
running to a stand still
human rights video
still haven’t found
new years day
miracle drug
sometimes you can’t make it
beautiful day
**I missed one song, maybe two**
STREETS

bridonohue said:
not to be debbie downer, but what is the huge deal. they have just changed the order (not really sure if it's for the better yet) and added 1 song that most of us have heard a million times. are our expectations so low of their setlists that any deviation makes us giddy?

Absolutely. Elevation's setlists were largely the same night to night.

For the band to mix it up (SBS as #2?), is huge. I'm betting they feel the first couple shows were flat and they're trying to pump up the energy a bit.

I think San Diego 2 was absolutely phenomenal, but I'm glad they're mixing it up.

bridonohue said:

kind of sad. if they did throw in ultraviolet, mysterious ways, oots, and a few others we know they rehearsed, that would be news, but i'll hold the excitement for any set changes till they swap out 25% of the songs at a show.

i thought that the first 6 songs at sd 2 kicked ass and was a great momentum builder for the rest of the show. i am skeptical that this is an improvment.

God, you can't please anyone.

Zootomic said:

2 - Love And Peace, Miracle Drug

Actually, that would be 3, as there's SYCMIOYO, but what Brau meant is that there's only one song that is new to this tour, ISHFWILF.

And I think U2 will probably slowly bring new songs into their repertoire that will progressively build into more varied sets. At least, I hope so!

blah

on my phone i get free nights and weekends and free long distance so if someone would feel free to call me when there at the next show and i can do the updates!!!

Mark Freedman said:
If you ask me (and I know you aren't), they are just testing their comfort zone tonight as far as shifting things around a bit, but only adding a new song or two.

Or they decided to use the random ticket scanner to pick the setlist...

Dasani said:
love & peace
bloody sunday
bullet.....( hands )
running to a stand still
human rights video
still haven’t found
new years day
miracle drug
beautiful day
STREETS

Streets earlier, awesome! Can you find out from your contact what the other songs were?

I hope the song you might have missed wasn't pride...

Pride > Streets....not working for me.

RademR said:
I hope the song you might have missed wasn't pride...

Pride > Streets....not working for me.

Yep. It wouldn't fit here either, so what is this mystery song?!!

Re: blah

earthshell said:
on my phone i get free nights and weekends and free long distance so if someone would feel free to call me when there at the next show and i can do the updates!!!

:up:

Someone with similar free time - work something out and call this person!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

she wasn't on the rail but further back...At that point being on the floor is pretty amazing for being able to get GAs at the last minute like that... If you want the rail you have to line up earlier... not sure what you are looking for. If its just to get in on the floor then go for it!

I gave a GA for LA on 4/5. But I was just wondering how long she waited to get those tickets - did she just walk up and they had them? Did she just take a chance & it paid off? I don't know if anyone will go with me to just hang out all day :(

raincloud said:

God, you can't please anyone.

raincloud, please don't turn this into a "everyone always bitches here" issue.

i know there are some people who would pay "their hard earned" to listen to bono fart for two hours, especially if it sounded remotely like acrobat, but i was just pointing out that we have such low expectations for set changes, that even the little things excite us.

hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the rest of the tour.

love & peace
bloody sunday
bullet.....( hands )
running to a stand still
human rights video
still haven’t found
new years day
miracle drug
beautiful day
streets