An apology to everyone (please read).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenslimer

The Fly
I want to apologize for asking all those lip-synching questions. It was stupid and I was being stupid, and it was stupid to question it. I started asking about it all, after someone else started making comments, and it turned out to be a total misunderstanding on my part (and the google thread thing, too), and i just showed myself to be a worried idiot, jumping to conclusions.

I won't post or ask anything like this again.

You don't have to reply to this, I just wanted to say sorry for being a pain in the butt and upsetting anyone.

It was my igorance. I should not have gone all about with it.

(P.S.) And for the record, someone sent me a video of something they did, and its very obvious he IS NOT lip-syncing. Which makes me feel even more stupid because I couldnt just trust the band in the first place and I was jumping to conclusions pretty much on nothing.
So, if I did lead anyone to wondering themselves after reading my questions, NO, he does NOT lip-synch. I misunderstood something.
And no, I wasn't trying to give the band a bad name, or any shit like that.

I will post this apology on the other boards I asked this on as well.

-Gina

well, it is a biggie to me. and i never ever intended to do so to cause the band a problem, or the boards a problem.

i was just being stupidly worried and i admit it.

i really went about it the wrong way. i didnt have to keep on about it.

and to the moderator: please delete those threads i posted about this.

look, all you gotta do is get your terminology right. (so do many around here).
u2 play to backing tracks live; many bands do. usually, they just have keyboard sounds and things, but sometimes, they may add other things, such as the "woo hoos" in elevation. now, bono always sang those woo hoos live, but also had help in those backing tracks for that particular part. it's not the same as "lip synching" ala ashly simpson.

I dont think many people took it seriously, as it was so laughable in the first place. So no harm done, everyone makes mistakes, but it does say something good about you that you would want to apologize for it, even if I don't think you needed to.

hey electricalvoice!

yes, that was a great clip.. and very live. lol. i don't think it gets any more live than that.
is there anymore of it on there of him doing that song? what was that song anyway? it sounded really neat and i liked it (yes, even though it was a few seconds, lol), but i wish there was more of it to hear.. and couldn't make out much of the words.

did you get my email reply earlier?

i looked up some stuff on that video online, just listings of whats on it, no one really selling it. but i didnt look too hard yet. but from what i saw its loaded with lots of goodies from that tour.

why don't they release it officially? i'm very sure people would love having it in their collections.

thankyou again. :)

Last edited:
U2DMfan said:
I dont think many people took it seriously, as it was so laughable in the first place. So no harm done, everyone makes mistakes, but it does say something good about you that you would want to apologize for it, even if I don't think you needed to.

Hi U2DMFan: well, i thought i needed to apologize. even if its not accepted by some or makes me look more like an idiot (which I think it did on the other board to a couple people, but oh well).
as long as it was said, that's all that counted.

BTW, Does the "DM" in your screen name stand for Depeche Mode by any chance? if so, I'm a big fan of them as well. Nice to see a fellow Moder!! :)

greenslimer said:
hey electricalvoice!

yes, that was a great clip.. and very live. lol. i don't think it gets any more live than that.
is there anymore of it on there of him doing that song? what was that song anyway? it sounded really neat and i liked it (yes, even though it was a few seconds, lol), but i wish there was more of it to hear.. and couldn't make out much of the words.

did you get my email reply earlier?

i looked up some stuff on that video online, just listings of whats on it, no one really selling it. but i didnt look too hard yet. but from what i saw its loaded with lots of goodies from that tour.

why don't they release it officially? i'm very sure people would love having it in their collections.

thankyou again. :)

Hi!
No I didn't get any reply. I had to use this strange emailing-thing on the web, because I couldn't send emails from where I were. You should open up so people can PM you here on interference ;).
The clip is from the RHOuttakes. Bono and Edge are working on a song ... I think it is "She's gonna blow your house down" which can be found on the much later Salome Outtakes. It's not a performance, but they are working on the song. So here we have proof that they write their on stuff too ;). lol

And I cut alot from the video, as it was almost 400 MB. Had to cut it down so you could download it - I understood that you had a slow connection.

This stuff isn't released officially, because it was cut off from the R&H video, I guess.

ElectricalVoice said:

Hi!
No I didn't get any reply. I had to use this strange emailing-thing on the web, because I couldn't send emails from where I were. You should open up so people can PM you here on interference ;).
The clip is from the RHOuttakes. Bono and Edge are working on a song ... I think it is "She's gonna blow your house down" which can be found on the much later Salome Outtakes. It's not a performance, but they are working on the song. So here we have proof that they write their on stuff too ;). lol

And I cut alot from the video, as it was almost 400 MB. Had to cut it down so you could download it - I understood that you had a slow connection.

This stuff isn't released officially, because it was cut off from the R&H video, I guess.

Cool!!! Hey, put up the other part anyway. not the entire movie of course but of them doing the song... and anything else you think might be cool. my connection is slow but i can download it probably on my friend's computer which has a faster connection.

I like the title of the song, LOL. From what I heard it sounds pretty wild. Very Joshua-Tree-esque... but a more wilder spin.

Either way, on a dial-up but a pretty fast hyper-threading computer, how long you think it'd take to download the full 400 MB?

but i'll probably just use my friend's.

also, as for opening up my PM's. i dont know how to do that exactly. dont i have to subscribe and pay for it though?

thanks again, man! :))

Back
Top Bottom