Amsterdam III setlist partay part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LJT said:

Well i find it kinda funny how some people think that Bono's voice is past its best when for me his two most spine tingling vocals have come post-2000...the segue from All I Want is You/Streets at Slane (i hear there are better ones too:huh: i just can't imagine a better vocal than that one) and now his Miss Sarajevo opera performance.

agreed--All I Want Is You/Streets at Slane is one of the most spine tingling incredible things I have ever seen. (do you think I love it? lol) Just the pure passion and the voice and oh my God it's amazing. I can't wait to hear a full version of Miss Sarajevo...:drool:

...but I don't think anything can top the Slane performance:wink:

sami0201 said:
oh my God. I just watched the clip on u2log...I can't believe it. He was incredible. He nailed it! I would have freaked and started crying if I was watching that in person. Can't wait for a bootleg!

Simply amazing!!!
Inclassable28.gif
Inclassable28.gif
Inclassable28.gif
Inclassable28.gif
Inclassable28.gif

did anybody else think he was a little tentative singing the slow part at the beginning? the italian part was amazing though

stagman said:
What an amazing concert, possibly the greatest of their lives!
26 full songs....is that a U2 record???

Wow Miss Sarajevo was incredible and playing OOTS properly for the first time and ending with 40.... oh and throwing in WGRYWH as well....how freaking amazing!!! There simply has to be some great recordings of this show....hopefully someone leaks soundboard stuff from Hamish's practice video shoot!!! Please!!!!

There were people in front of the stage, with balloons with written 40 on it!
Bono saw it, and smiled and was doing with his finger like a teacher. And there it was on the end!!!
I think i have pics with those balloons.. when i have time i will put some pics on...

Chizip said:
did anybody else think he was a little tentative singing the slow part at the beginning? the italian part was amazing though

I indeed thought the song started a bit awkward (with the first few times Bono just singing 'Is there a time...'). Luckily he picked up and the opera bit was well... :drool:

*hears now that the clip on U2log.com does no justice to the opera bit*

What a setlist party this must have been!
Imagine being in the stadium! (now that was awesome)

I was there last night and it was AMAZING! Can't describe in words how awesome everything was, the crowd was superb, the band also, Bono's vocals just keep on getting better every show it seems!

Miss Sarajevo was awesome, I thought after Bullet what they were going to do because Bono didn't wear his guitar used for RTST, and then the beginning of Miss Sarajevo, my first thought was that it was a snippet, but it wasn't. And then the Itialian part at the end of it, I sang a few lines along and people around me looked very weird hahaha.

The show was really amazing, Wild Horses was great but 90% of the people around me didn't knew the song and did some other things then, now I understand why U2 don't often plays songs like that, 90% of the crowd just don't know it.

OOTS was wonderfull, Yahweh too and the 40 ending was amazing!

But I missed the 2nd Vertigo, I was really looking forward to it :wink:

LJT said:

Full band? woooohoooooooooooo

oh that reminds me we got reports of an 8 minute Elevation...any reason for why it went on so long?

the song started like it usually does, accoustic and the crowd was fooled again (they started jumping too early, before Larry has a chance to sing"a mole....")
Then Bono had this smirk on his face and he said 'never trust a rockstar' (that might have been the only thing I did understood all night)
But then, he usually makes Larry sing his line, now he told them to stop (excepto for Edge's guitarplaying) and he deccided to communicate with the crowd on the upperleft side of the stage.
He put his fist in the air and push it and made the crowd (the ones in the upper left side) do the same, then he sort of waved back and forth and the crowd followed and then the whole crowd joined in and he got us all waving our hands in the air, left to right , it was very bizar because it's not something they do during Elevation, but that must have been the reason why that song was so long.

greety said:

the song started like it usually does, accoustic and the crowd was fooled again (they started jumping too early, before Larry has a chance to sing"a mole....")
Then Bono had this smirk on his face and he said 'never trust a rockstar' (that might have been the only thing I did understood all night)
But then, he usually makes Larry sing his line, now he told them to stop (excepto for Edge's guitarplaying) and he deccided to communicate with the crowd on the upperleft side of the stage.
He put his fist in the air and push it and made the crowd (the ones in the upper left side) do the same, then he sort of waved back and forth and the crowd followed and then the whole crowd joined in and he got us all waving our hands in the air, left to right , it was very bizar because it's not something they do during Elevation, but that must have been the reason why that song was so long.

Actually..it was the crowds initiative. I was directly after bono in the bombshelter and when he walked by and looked up to the second ring they all started waving their hands in the air from left to right when bonos hand raised to hold larry back they stopped a brief moment and then bono lead the moment and they went on with it. I thought that was so cool and you could tell it was gonna be a hell of a party if even the people high up get things started (it made bono smile..)

zooholland said:

Actually..it was the crowds initiative. I was directly after bono in the bombshelter and when he walked by and looked up to the second ring they all started waving their hands in the air from left to right when bonos hand raised to hold larry back they stopped a brief moment and then bono lead the moment and they went on with it. I thought that was so cool and you could tell it was gonna be a hell of a party if even the people high up get things started (it made bono smile..)
I remember it a little bit different... Bono stopped Larry indeed when he saw a whole section on the 2nd ring dancing! He even said it in the microfoon something like "We've got some people dancing upthere... Stop it!"... After that (he let the people dance for a minute while Edge was still playing) he directed that section to do the wave thing, after which the whole stadium followd... A great example of what Bono is capable of...

From that point on (and the thing with the fat huy lifting Bono up) I knew this would be one not to forget...

sami0201 said:
oh my God. I just watched the clip on u2log...I can't believe it. He was incredible. He nailed it! I would have freaked and started crying if I was watching that in person. Can't wait for a bootleg!

Amen to that !!! all i can say is HOLY SHITE!!!:ohmy: I would of been crying like a baby if I was there! And just hearing that clip of miss sarajevo makes me very anxious for the boot. Hopefully u2torrents will have that up soon! He just nails the opera part of the song!....Bonorotti is right! 45 yrs old and his voice is just getting better and better!

LOVE YA U2...KEEP MIXIN IT UP BABY!!!:drool: :wink:

It's the little moments like in Miss Sarajevo that keep me interested in this band.

Me thinks Mr. B has had some vocal coaching sometime in the last ten years and it seems to have been well worth it.
Good stuff! :up:

Hi folks,
I'm still in the process of landing back on earth after three amazing Amsterdam nights..
Yesterday was Heaven.
Wild horses was great and when U2 had left the stage after Miss Sarajevo I would have been satisfied too....
..en then the encore with OOTS...... WOW... Fabulous to see and hear the full band version..... Great sign of respect to Terry Lawless to bring him on stage to play his piano part...
....40 as a closer... I hadn't heard that one since the final Lovetown show....
Great night, great band............

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Amen to that !!! all i can say is HOLY SHITE!!!:ohmy: I would of been crying like a baby if I was there!

....I cried like a baby last night.... such an intense moment....

I noticed the opening chords of the song being different from RTSS, but I thought that Edge would change it up at a certain point when Bono started singing the first lines of Miss Sarajevo...

.. I was standing next to two German fans Jarno en Andreas (does anyone of you know them??) ...They were dumbfounded and exciting as well...

AMAZING. I'm happy that I was part of it...

Even though I wasn't there, I dub this the finest show of the tour. :D Full band Miss Sarajevo completely out of the blue and absolutely stunning, and then the first proper performance of OOTS. Incredible! :up:

What a great show, what a great setlist!!
AMAZING !!!!

One little negative point: the sound in AmsterdamArena indeed SUCKS !!! It would be even more amazing if they did this show in De Kuip Rotterdam....this great band doen's deserve those fuucking acoustics...

grtz Pascal.

phommel said:
What a great show, what a great setlist!!
AMAZING !!!!

One little negative point: the sound in AmsterdamArena indeed SUCKS !!! It would be even more amazing if they did this show in De Kuip Rotterdam....this great band doen's deserve those fuucking acoustics...

grtz Pascal.

did you have seats or GA??

GA! I had an amazing concert, but I could hear the sound was not that good.
Sometimes, I could hardly hear the lyrics....

But sometimes it was because the crowd was amazing!!! Loud! WOW that was great...that didn't matter...

But if I compare this show with four years ago (Arnhem III) than the band was in an even better form!!! amazing!!! But the sound and atmosphere was a little less because of the huge stadium....

But I can't complain, I had an amazing night!

Grtz Pascal...

(hope they will play Ahoy' or de Kuip some day...)

phommel said:
GA! I had an amazing concert, but I could hear the sound was not that good.
Sometimes, I could hardly hear the lyrics....

But sometimes it was because the crowd was amazing!!! Loud! WOW that was great...that didn't matter...

But if I compare this show with four years ago (Arnhem III) than the band was in an even better form!!! amazing!!! But the sound and atmosphere was a little less because of the huge stadium....

But I can't complain, I had an amazing night!

Grtz Pascal...

(hope they will play Ahoy' or de Kuip some day...)

De Kuip owns the Arena

Back
Top Bottom