All U2 on Good Morning America Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Good Morning America Summer Concert Series Kick Off... featuring U2???

When I came into work this morning, a co-worker of mine said that she was watching Good Morning America before work today, and that they announced that their annual Free Summer Concert Series will kick off on Friday May 20th @ Bryant Park in NYC featuring none other than U2.

Anyone else see this???

you would think someone on interference would have known about this prior to a random person finding out on TV

Diane L said:
Headache, I just got off the phone with a friend who told me she was watching GMA this morning, and heard it's going to be the 20th in Times Square.

well that's the second person who saw the announcement and confirm the date of the 20th... only issue we have now is wether it's times square or bryant park.

either way... i will be there with mothafucking bells on.

woo hoo!!!

bryant park is a great venue - but talk about "Rock and Roll stopping the traffic"

that would be a mad house over there

This would be great....
Maybe something will show up here eventually http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Concert/

Looks like they only do the shows on Fridays with Outkast playing Friday the 21st of May. But it's U2 so i'm sure exceptions would be made if the 20th is when they wanted to play.

U2 in Times Square, stopping the traffic. Pig And Whistle Pub afterwards!

Last edited:
Zoomeranger said:
This would be great....

I hope it's true. Here's the schedule page for the summer concert series http://www.bryantpark.org/calendar/gma-concerts.php

Looks like they only do the shows on Fridays with Outkast playing Friday the 21st of May. But it's U2 so i'm sure exceptions would be made if the 20th is when they wanted to play. Hopefully there will be some official word on this!

ummm... that's last year's schedule. the 21st is a saturday this year. the 20th is a friday.

The concerts are usually in Bryant Park. They will most likely have to have it there. I think the crowd will be too big to have in Times Square. I used to work across the street from GMA - I had a great view! I miss that office :sad:

Mariah Carey was on this morning outside their studios just off of Times Square. She played 2 songs but they said she was going to play more when they went off the air and they would have highlights later in the week.

Maybe they will do ABC in the Spring and NBC in the Fall.

u2gator

map_bp.jpg

Numb1075 said:
Yeah, we rule !:wink:

I have to admit that NY sounds like an amazing place - I'll have to go sometime - and to see U2 in NY would be a dream - I think I'm going to have to sit down.

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Another perk to going to the May 18th NJ show! I was planning on flying out the morning of the 20th, but now I will plan on leaving later!!!!

Do we have any idea what time this would happen?

oh my god!!!!!! It'll work out perfectly!

Wow I am dense today; didn't think about the fact that it would be on Good Morning America and thus in the morning....:lmao:

:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom