All U2 on Good Morning America Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cmb737 Aka Colin and his wife were interviewed. Cool! I am watching my tape of it, I just got off work.

Folks, It was an excellent show this morning! Wow! It gave me goose bumps. Had it cranking on my home theater.

Below is the summary.

Interview with the band in front of the stage.
An interview with fans.
Story about U2's special relationship with the fans.
Vertigo (X2 - Encore performance from Chicago)
(Commercial)
Beautiful Day
(Commercial)
Sometimes you can't make it on your own.
Back to Diane sawyer and gang who says 2 more songs tomorrow I believe.

My guess is "City of Blinding Lights" and "One".

Best part of the interview : "When Diane Sawyer says how hard this must be and Bono smiles and says "come on......"
Like are you kidding

Last edited:
AngelofHarlem01 said:
Did they edit out the audiences screaming and applause or tell them not too be so loud or something? Cos it seemed a lot quieter than the show before was on the 9th. What do you think, just good editing?

Yep, the magic of technology although you could really feel the energy of Vertigo X2 and you could see the Edge was really into it enjoying it bigtime. And Bono gave a gripping performance in Sometimes. And I have to wait until 10/25 to see this live. man oh man.

You're right, it seems they have dubbed out the crowd during the performance. I wish they would get a different director for the DVD, I hope this was not the DVD version. Otherwise, it seems like Hamish has been studying Jerry Bruckheimer school of directing with short shots. I am not a Hamish fan anyway.

bigwali said:
Folks, It was an excellent show this morning! Wow! It gave me goose bumps. Had it cranking on my home theater.

Below is the summary.

I only saw the last minute or so, but I'm pretty postive it was the first performance of Vertigo.

The clothes bono was wearing are the ones from early in the show. Later in the show in the show on both the 9th and 10th he was wearing a black t-shirt with a little "target" on it with a different jacket. I'd post the pics I have from that night, but I don't have them on my computer yet.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
You're right, it seems they have dubbed out the crowd during the performance. I wish they would get a different director for the DVD, I hope this was not the DVD version. Otherwise, it seems like Hamish has been studying Jerry Bruckheimer school of directing with short shots. I am not a Hamish fan anyway.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me. I can't wait for this dvd to be released (I want to look for myself..front row in the ellipse), but I have a feeling that Hamish is going to really fuck things up. The split second editing, jerky and blurred camera movements get REALLY tiring IMO. It certainly doesn't capture the "feel" of being there at all when you can't focus on anything for more than a split second. I'd rather watch Rattle and Hum, Zoo TV Sydney and Popmart Mexico style editing any day over what Hamish brings to the table.

bigwali said:

Below is the summary.

Interview with the band in front of the stage.
An interview with fans.
Story about U2's special relationship with the fans.
(Commercial)
Beautiful Day
(Commercial)
Sometimes you can't make it on your own.
Back to Diane sawyer and gang who says 2 more songs tomorrow I believe.

My guess is "City of Blinding Lights" and "One".

Best part of the interview : "When Diane Sawyer says how hard this must be and Bono smiles and says "come on......"
Like are you kidding

I love it :drool:

ImOuttaControl said:

I only saw the last minute or so, but I'm pretty postive it was the first performance of Vertigo.

The clothes bono was wearing are the ones from early in the show. Later in the show in the show on both the 9th and 10th he was wearing a black t-shirt with a little "target" on it with a different jacket. I'd post the pics I have from that night, but I don't have them on my computer yet.

ImOuttaControl - maybe they dubbed some scenes together but at the start of Vertigo, Bono says his Encore is Italian...essentially means you repeat the best part of the performance again...this ones for me!... thing. Maybe someone can confirm but that is what I heard.

bigwali said:

Yep, the magic of technology although you could really feel the energy of Vertigo X2 and you could see the Edge was really into it enjoying it bigtime. And Bono gave a gripping performance in Sometimes. And I have to wait until 10/25 to see this live. man oh man.

It wasn't the encore Vertigo. Looks cool on TV though.

Sometimes was awesome. It almost sounded better on tv this morning than I remember at the show. :ohmy:

There was a funny moment at the beginning of the program ... Bono was walking up along the fence to greet fans, sign ticket stubs, banners and merchandise. Then one girl tells him how he kissed her in Seattle and she got a really bad cold on the next day ... Bono just turned away and coughs ... :laugh:

There were 3 performances shown from the United Center ...(Bono's Birthday Show ... the third night in Chicago) ... "Vertigo",
"Beautiful Day" and "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" ... GREAT LIVE PERFORMANCES !! :drool: :applaud:

bigwali said:

ImOuttaControl - maybe they dubbed some scenes together but at the start of Vertigo, Bono says his Encore is Italian...essentially means you repeat the best part of the performance again...this ones for me!... thing. Maybe someone can confirm but that is what I heard.

You're probably right. It's more than likely an edited version of both performances. My buddy taped it and I'll have to watch it later... I missed the very beginning, but yes he did do the italian thing on the second encore on the 10th.

Okay, just checked my pictures. The second Vertigo that night he wasn't wearing the "bullseye t-shirt" I mentioned earlier (that was from LAPOE to One)...he was wearing a black buttoned up shirt(half buttoned up like usual :rolleyes: )with a white armband and red shades. He definitely wasn't wearing that on the GMA performance, so they might have edited the 2nd intro to the original 1st performance of the night if he did indeed do the Italian countdown thing on GMA this morning.

Last edited:
Anyone have the time Tomm??
When final part will be on
I left the house this morning w/ tape going.....
Hope I got it No rebroadcast I am Sure

I loved it, I hope that is the DVD, I liked the camera shots, and it sounded great, alot of energy in every song! I cant wait for the DVD, U2 is the best ever

trevster2k said:
Cmb737 Aka Colin and his wife were interviewed. Cool! I am watching my tape of it, I just got off work.

It's true, I was.

They misquoted me (or inaccurately edited) my response "a year and three months later we were married" was in regards to how long after we were engaged were we married. They also said that we met sleeping out for tickets, not true. We met sleeping out for a place in the heart for the second show in PHX on Elevation.

All in all, a bit embarassing...but cool. They interviewed us for about 3-4 minutes, asked us all about why we were in Chicago when we live in Albuquerque (a surprise anniversary present for my wife), took shots of our wedding rings, etc...

If anyone has a digital version of this they can email me so I can share it with my friends and family that would be cool. I taped it, but don't have a A/D card for VHS.

Thanks for lookin out Trevster! 95 here today...how about in Canada?

dammit! i'm gonna be late for work! and they still haven't aired any of the performances. GMA is a tease...:grumpy:

MsMofoGone said:
There was a funny moment at the beginning of the program ... Bono was walking up along the fence to greet fans, sign ticket stubs, banners and merchandise. Then one girl tells him how he kissed her in Seattle and she got a really bad cold on the next day ... Bono just turned away and coughs ... :laugh:

That would be a lovely interferencer by the name of ruffian. She is now world famous! lol :)

(West Coast 8:30-9:00 AM) U2 on Good Morning America right now

ABC right now 8:32 AM Pacific Standard Time.

Last edited:
It's a commercial break here - just watched Vertigo!
When I saw the girl cough and blame Bono for her cold, I knew it was an interferencer, cuz I heard that story. First person that came to mind was Ruffian! Thanks for confirming in u2girl1978! Ok, back to the TV!

ruffian :lol: That was priceless.

I wonder what song they'll show tomorrow.

Chizip, I'm sure there'll be a clip online any moment now.

They showed me getting my ticket scanned. Then the woman right behind me getting into the elipse, lol. I got in the next show. :wink:

I saw the interview before leaving for work. I recorded the thing. Can't wait to get home and watch the tape!

How do I manage to miss this show?! I totally lost track of it being friday...hubby even weirdly flipped channels from pbskids this morning, I saw Diane Sawyer and asked him to turn her off (her constant seduction routine does not work for me in the morning) and get back to Arthur...
This is the footage that will eventually be in the Dvd release, right? aside from her interviewing them? which should be interesting actually, to see how they react to her endless flirtation and wink-winky familiarity...

Back
Top Bottom