All U2 on Good Morning America Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An update... this is from ABC's webpage...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/SummerConcert/story?id=687534

April 20, 2005 — On the following dates "Good Morning America" will broadcast our Summer Concert Series from Bryant Park (41st Street and 6th Avenue, New York City) from 7 a.m.-9 a.m. YOU DO NOT NEED TICKETS.

May 20 — U2
Please note: This concert is not at Bryant Park. Continue to watch the show for updates.

May 27 — Rascal Flatts

June 3 — Shakira

June 10 — Santana

June 17 — Ringo Starr

June 24 — Jesse McCartney

July 1 — Patti LaBelle

July 8 — Missy Elliott

July 15 — Kayne West

July 22 — Fantasia

July 29 — Clay Aiken

August 5 — Jessica Simpson

August 12 — Keith Urban

August 19 — Hilary Duff

August 26 — Avril Lavigne

* Final Concert Date and Talent —TBD

**Talent subject to change.

If you would like to be a part of our audience on any of these dates simply show up to Bryant Park no later than 6:00 a.m. YOU DO NOT NEED TICKETS. Bryant Park (41st Street and 6th Avenue) You may arrive earlier — how early is up to you.

If you made a reservation before the summer concerts were scheduled and received a confirmation it is no longer valid for concert dates (Your confirmation does not provide special entry into the park).

There will be no audience in the studio because the audience will be at the park. If you would like to attend another day when our show will be back in the Times Square Studio (44th and Broadway) please visit the Web site and resubmit your request with a specific date in mind.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

This does not mention a taped performance, nor does it mention that it will be live... it does, however, suggest that there will be more news forthcoming regarding what exactly will be happening on may 20th...

Last edited:
I received an email from a yahoo group saying that U2 will be performing a small concert outside the ABC studios on May 20th. Can anyone else confirm this?

Either way, I'm taking the day off!!

Pleban77 said:
I received an email from a yahoo group saying that U2 will be performing a small concert outside the ABC studios on May 20th. Can anyone else confirm this?

Either way, I'm taking the day off!!

If that is true, then U2 will literally play at my doorstep! Holy crap, that would be amazing. The ABC studios are right next to my apartment, hehe.

I think this would be great, if it happens - remember how many people showed up at the Brooklyn Bridge - Don't tell anyone, it's a secret!:ohmy:
flatbed11.jpg

Last edited:
I sent an email to GMA for tickets on May 20th, this is what I got:

May 20 U2 (The U2 concert will take place in Chicago, Illinois and will not be live in Bryant Park or at our studio.)You cannot receive tickets for the U2 concert through Good Morning America. There will be a studio audience on May 20, however May 20 is booked.

Hope this helps!
Vira

vira said:
I sent an email to GMA for tickets on May 20th, this is what I got:

May 20 U2 (The U2 concert will take place in Chicago, Illinois and will not be live in Bryant Park or at our studio.)You cannot receive tickets for the U2 concert through Good Morning America. There will be a studio audience on May 20, however May 20 is booked.

Hope this helps!
Vira

Thanks for the info!

The May 20th Good Morning America concert series U2 segment was taped Tuesday in Chicago. I know because I'm going to be in it! A small group of us were filmed for the intro near the GA line. Good Morning America was also filming the crowd in the seats towards the back of the arena during the break between Kings of Leon and U2.

Don't forget U2 on CNN...Saturda 5/14

Interference.com : U2 Articles

(05-06-2005) U2 on CNN's People in the News - Interference.com*
U2 on CNN's People in the News

Interference reader Redrover has let us know that CNN will premiere a new U2 episode of "People in the News" on Saturday, May 14th at 5pm EST. Please check your local listings for your airtimes.

The description of the episode from RockOnTV states the following:
"The story of how U2's managed to stay together for more than 25 years-- the friendship, faith, and friction behind the band's remarkable run."

The episode will also feature an update on Dave Matthews and his band's new album.

7 A.M. here in Chicago. I heard today that it is indeed tape from Chicago and they were taping fans @ Chicago as pp said.

hluvslmj said:
7 A.M. here in Chicago. I heard today that it is indeed tape from Chicago and they were taping fans @ Chicago as pp said.

Um yeah...the girls that were in front of us got beebed in and GMA was interviewing them while I was bitter and trying to get around them...It's not going to be pretty for me if that makes the show. :sad: :madspit:

Last edited:
I read about this couple of weeks ago in The Rolling stone mag. YES.... they will be on air this Friday, 20th May..... As far as I knoe there will be taped stuff + LIVE performance..... but from what I have seen being done before, it's not all one segment, so we really have to watch (or tape) full 2 hrs. (i.e. 7-9am EST)......

Sorry if this has been posted already, but @U2 has this up on their website now about the GMA schedule:

May 20 2005

U2 on Good Morning America
Three songs from a recent Vertigo concert will be featured.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 21 2005

U2 on Good Morning America
Two songs from a recent Vertigo concert will be featured.

I'll have my alarm clock set both friday and saturday. I was at that concert if they are indeed showing the May 10th Chicago concert. I'm kind of hoping that I don't see myself which I think there is a probable chance of since I'm short and was surrounded by tall people in the GA.

Blinky Light any chance I might receive my pins from you by Saturday? I did a buy it now on ebay for three.

Back
Top Bottom