Alan just kicked Party Girl's ass in Pittsburgh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Y2K

Refugee
If this is JM Scoopy, who was taking requests in case he got pulled up tonight.... well, WELL DONE. And even if it isn't JM Scoopy: WELL DONE.

Alan, as the crowd knows him, had been holding up a sign that said "ME + GUITAR = PARTY GIRL" for a good portion of the concert. When Bono first came down to the edge of the ellipse where we were, he definitely saw the sign, smiled, and said something. Later, he returned to the edge of the ellipse and asked "Where is that guy that wanted to play Party Girl?" Bono was looking off in a completely different direction while everyone in our area was screaming. Finally, he sees Alan with the sign and bring him up to the main stage, where he proceeds to play a nearly flawless version of Party Girl, with Edge, Larry, and Adam. And yes, Bono got the lyrics right.

Well done, man. Your performance blew my mind and was the highlight of the concert for me.

party-girl1.jpg

party-girl2.jpg

party-girl3.jpg

party-girl4.jpg

party-girl5.jpg

I just got back and no it wasn't me, but i must say he did a hell of a job, and as far as the concert, i cant think of any words to describe it.

"EDGE, WE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE!"

I was at show also and Alan did an amazing job! He looked so comfortable up there and must have had a blast! Especially with Bono spraying champagne on him at the end!

I heard "live one."

All I know is that champagne bottle is gonna hold a special place on his shelf. :D

April, Lies and I all got GREAT pictures of him. We will share after the Detroit shows! :D

And we also got SOAKED with the Champage :drool:

Alan was EXCELLENT! Congratulations! :hyper:

If someone finds a way to contact him directly, please email me or PM me and we'll get them to him...

Miroslava said:
April, Lies and I all got GREAT pictures of him. We will share after the Detroit shows! :D

And we also got SOAKED with the Champage :drool:

Alan was EXCELLENT! Congratulations! :hyper:

If someone finds a way to contact him directly, please email me or PM me and we'll get them to him...

You beat me to it, girl!

We got some great shots, so yes, PM or contact all of us (email's in the sig).

Great job, Alan!!!!! :hyper: :D

Hey, I know how to play Party Girl too....

Should I do it... :hmm:

Actually I should say thats what I wanna play and then just play UV instead

inmyplace13 said:
Hey, I know how to play Party Girl too....

Should I do it... :hmm:

Actually I should say thats what I wanna play and then just play UV instead

or even Dirty Day - there are plenty of people on here who would love you if you did that :yes:

beau2ifulday said:

or even Dirty Day - there are plenty of people on here who would love you if you did that :yes:

That would be a good one too. I'm sure Queen Bee and Chizip would approve.

Back
Top Bottom