After seeing Argentina and Sao Paulo, I want MILAN instead...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Sure those concerts had some good songs... but I feel Milan will be much better...

I never thought I'd say this but the Sao Paulo concerts and Buenos Aires concerts setlist were just too boring... I think that Milan's is better because of the following...

I Will Follow, Electric Co., Vertigo X2, and others...

I'd get bored with the Brazilian shows, because I'd feel they were too much Elevation like...

Argeed on the fact that I would prefer the Milan DVD too.......but...

Too Elevation like??, They didnt open with Elevation, they didnt close with walk on.
There was no Kite, New York...In A Little while (ect ect)

The only "Elevation like" part of the setlsit UTEOTW -> NYD...andwell thats been done since 1992...so if anything it too Zoo TV Like :wink:

Re: Re: After seeing Argentina and Sao Paulo, I want MILAN instead...

xaviMF22 said:

I know, watching the Sao Paulo DVD the band just look to be so relaxed and just having fun, and it was a great show....

I think they might delay the release date until after the postponed shows are over.

bono_man2002 said:

:drool: :drool:

I'm fully serious, I love the idea!

besides that, milan is a good capture of what the 2nd leg of the vertigo stood for! as above mentioned: i will follow, open with vertigo, close with vertigo, etc

the sao paulo/buenos aires concerts have a great crowd, but its a mixture of 1st/2nd leg isnt it?
starting with cobl, closing with 40. etc...we already have that on DVD

besides that: UTEOTW/NYD. seriously, UTEOTW is one of my fav songs, but give it a rest for gods sake! especially the UTEOTW/NYD combo!!!!!

sao paulo boring? they could have played stuck in a moment 20 times in a row.....with that crowd and atmosphere, it would have been a great show :wink:

loved it, but i am looking forward to the Milan release

mirrorballman said:
besides that: UTEOTW/NYD. seriously, UTEOTW is one of my fav songs, but give it a rest for gods sake! especially the UTEOTW/NYD combo!!!!!

UTEOTW has had a good rest this tour, prehaps is doenst have the legs it had on the Elevation tour.
But I'm happy to see it back in the setlist.

Bring back the Bull-flight :)

interesting thread. Having attended quite a lot of Leg 2 shows i know what you mean when you say you want Milan. The atmosphere of these shows was totally different to what i have seen of BA and SP. The Euro crowd are never gonna be like South Americans, but there was still something totally intense about those shows, less celebratory and more edgy. The South American shows are looking for a cause and Bono doesn't have one, they seem kind of forced. There was a darkness in the middle of the shows that has disappeared on Leg 4.

Oh and no Electric Co.... Seeing the Edge in broad daylight in front of you doing that solo was just other-worldly...

I'll probably get shot down for this post, and maybe rightly so seeing as I didn't attend any Leg 4 shows...

You have seen Argentina and Brazil ...

but it´s clear that you haven´t seen Santiago :drool:

and I really don´t understand how come some fan want to watch Vertigo twice instead of other songs :|

mirrorballman said:

the sao paulo/buenos aires concerts have a great crowd, but its a mixture of 1st/2nd leg isnt it?
starting with cobl, closing with 40. etc...we already have that on DVD

1st- only the 1st show in SP ended with 40 , the 2nd ended with All I want is you , tell me how many ended this way ...

2nd-How many times was Desire played before , or even The First Time played in a stadium ?

3rd-Finally about Until , people said they were sick of the combo with NYD , but how many times it was done before in the tour ?

4th-To all , not saying that Milan concert was bad , by what I've already listened and already watched a bit , it's gonna be a really epic DVD , specially if its really released before zoo and Popmart , it has the chance to become perhaps the best u2 live dvd . But one thing , Milan any concert of it , is no fucking way better than the 2nd of SP , this I guarantee .

Last edited:
Friends ,

Didn`t the Stones release a 3 dvd set from their last tour????
With 3 different shows????

Maybe U2 could do that to????
They could release a 3 dvd with Milan , Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires.
Now that would be :drool:

What do ya think?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Mauwer said:
Friends ,

What do ya think?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

What I think , perfect . Unfortunately too good to be true ... :(

Mauwer said:
Friends ,

What do ya think?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Would be outstanding.

Will never happen. :( :laugh:

Milan looks to be an excellent official release to me. I would not have minded the S. American shows either as the official DVD. I just want a good quality release of the stadium show. Milan will be sufficient. The Italians go about as nuts as the S. American's IMO. :shrug:

Blue Room said:

Would be outstanding.

Will never happen. :( :laugh:

Milan looks to be an excellent official release to me. I would not have minded the S. American shows either as the official DVD. I just want a good quality release of the stadium show. Milan will be sufficient. The Italians go about as nuts as the S. American's IMO. :shrug:

Nah I disagree mate , know why ? Very simple , they don't have to wait for 8 years to they come back , Italian people of course are really passionate as well , there's also the latin element in them , but here's the thing , the Latin concerts were even more special coz of this wait. God knows when they will come back to S.America , though this last time , I think they got a great impression here , so who knows.

J_NP said:

Nah I disagree mate , know why ? Very simple , they don't have to wait for 8 years to they come back , Italian people of course are really passionate as well , there's also the latin element in them , but here's the thing , the Latin concerts were even more special coz of this wait. God knows when they will come back to S.America , though this last time , I think they got a great impression here , so who knows.

Unless you were at the Milan shows also there is no way you can say that without complete bias IMO. Were you at Milan?

I have seen film of the Italian shows before. The go nuts, so that DVD will be a good one. Is this going to turn into my country is better than this country thing again? Because its ridiculous when that happens. All the fans are great, some have different ways of enjoying the shows but no country or set of fans is better than the other. The Italians are as IN to the shows as anyone else in the world and probably moreso than alot of other countries. But to say YOUR country is better is kind of ridiculous. Sorry.

Yep.

From what I have seen on the Sao Paulo DVD and Milan clips, the Milan crowd was just as much into this as the South Americans.

I have a feeling that the Milan DVD is gonna be one of U2's best DVDs ever.

man what cracks me up is how evvvvverybody claims the show that was in their country or that they went to was the best, and they can fucking guarantee it

good stuff good stuff

Chizip said:
man what cracks me up is how evvvvverybody claims the show that was in their country or that they went to was the best, and they can fucking guarantee it

good stuff good stuff

People , specifically , chizip and zwervers2 you missed the point , i and Blue room were arguing about the crowds , the most powerful crowds not the concerts itself.

even still, everybody thinks their crowd was the best

ive seen people fighting about it over and over on this board, like its some big competition or something

I disagree, I would rather have one of the fourth leg shows with the All I Want Is You ending.

Back
Top Bottom