After seeing Argentina and Sao Paulo, I want MILAN instead...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
topplehatU2 said:
I disagree, I would rather have one of the fourth leg shows with the All I Want Is You ending.

Why would that automatically make it a better show than one with Vertigo x2? In Europe at least that was a really fun way to end the gig (though I would quite happily have not had it at every show). The set-list alone does not make a show, the chemistry between band & audience is what makes it.

The crux of this thread seems to me to be that people want to portray how "their show in their country" was the best and should be a DVD. The thing is no DVD can be better than any of the shows I or anyone else attended personally, no matter how good Milan or Buenos Aires or Sao Paolo were. I'm just happy to be able to watch them, but will that make me think they were better gigs than the ones I went to? Not a chance.

cdparky said:

The crux of this thread seems to me to be that people want to portray how "their show in their country" was the best and should be a DVD.

Sao Paolo

Read the whole thing , some people already thought the same as you .

It's Sao Paulo mate.

SANTIAGO IS THE BEST......

oh, wait... :ohmy:

who cares... Milan is this tour... maybe Santiago is for the next one... I mean.. Bono LOVES us... and even I don't understand why... :drool:

To be fair Bono's voice on Milan footage was in a better shape then from what I've heard from SA. He sounds tired on LEG 4. His voice is not as powerful as it was on LEG 2 but that's understandable I guess.

J_NP said:

People , specifically , chizip and zwervers2 you missed the point , i and Blue room were arguing about the crowds , the most powerful crowds not the concerts itself.

That seems to happen a lot to me these days. Missing the point I mean. Oh well, nothing better than a crowd debate I quess. Take care. :wink:

markoajda said:
To be fair Bono's voice on Milan footage was in a better shape then from what I've heard from SA. He sounds tired on LEG 4. His voice is not as powerful as it was on LEG 2 but that's understandable I guess.
personally think he sounds better on leg 4 than he has all through the tour :shrug: and i also thought he sounded the best he has in years on the previous legs

J_NP said:

italians are still european , and they are different of S.america people

Not necessarily. Italians have a very strong influence on South America due to the immigration (and especially on Brazil and Argentina). I personally see Argentines as very very similar to Italians in many ways, including passion and excitement at a concert...

U2@NYC said:

Not necessarily. Italians have a very strong influence on South America due to the immigration (and especially on Brazil and Argentina). I personally see Argentines as very very similar to Italians in many ways, including passion and excitement at a concert...

Thats true of course , spain , portugal and italy are the closest countries to latin america . and thats true as well , that italians and argentines , but u have to see that despite argentina and brazil are neighbor countries , there are some big differences between these 2 crowds.

They should release the Monterrey, Mexico show on DVD.

That was the quietest, mellowest crowd I have ever experienced at a concert, except for when I saw Norah Jones at a winery.

Maybe there weren't enough Milanese in the audience.

The Monterrey show would be good because you can actually hear the band really well, no crowd noise destroying music.

No people yelling and screaming and whistling and singing badly in foreign accents, who needs that crap.

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
They should release the Monterrey, Mexico show on DVD.

That was the quietest, mellowest crowd I have ever experienced at a concert, except for when I saw Norah Jones at a winery.

Maybe there weren't enough Milanese in the audience.

The Monterrey show would be good because you can actually hear the band really well, no crowd noise destroying music.

No people yelling and screaming and whistling and singing badly in foreign accents, who needs that crap.

lol this si probably the most honest and accurate remark I've seen in this thread

Hahaha, but I was in Italy some years ago and I must say Milan people are not italian people, the whole city is a boring fashion catwalk.

Seriously, many (almost all) of the U2 songs are made for chanting crowds and if the "english" or the "tunning" of it are not ok, well, you should listen the chilean crowd...

Also, there is a reason to have "studio" albums and "live" albums and it's called "catharsis" between music and people.

that's my opinion

J_NP said:

Thats true of course , spain , portugal and italy are the closest countries to latin america . and thats true as well , that italians and argentines , but u have to see that despite argentina and brazil are neighbor countries , there are some big differences between these 2 crowds.

Maybe, although I am not so sure, as Latins are pretty passionate.... I have been to concerts in both countries and found many things in common.

This is actually one of the reasons why people arguing that Chile was better than Brazil and Argentina, in my opinion, do not have that great of an argument. In my humble opinion, if we isolate the audience's background, given that they are relatively similar, their reactions should be pretty much the same... therefore, I doubt that you could qualify any audience as "better" than the other ones.

I really hope that the next DVD is from the Milan concert because I won't buy or download a concert from any other latin american city that isn't Santiago. And I hope that every "chileno de corazon" in this forum do the same.

Wait! The thread is missing the football link yet, but we're getting close to it. after that , you can close it. :)

raft said:
Wait! The thread is missing the football link yet, but we're getting close to it. after that , you can close it. :)

Here it is:

fun-soccer-pic.jpg

:wink:

I went to the buenos aires show and it was the best I could ever ask though It was my first one so i think that it's kind of subjective
U2 IS THE BEST!!!!

Like I said here we go again , now it's again a thread about what concert was better ............. That's It I'm off this thread for good

Back
Top Bottom