Adelaide Set List and Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2FanPeter said:
Axver, do you know of any fans videotaping(semi-seriously, not on a cell-phone) any of the final 10 shows?

No, unfortunately. :(

Known set so far:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Angel Of Harlem
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
The Saints Are Coming

U2FanPeter said:

Are any of the europeans that travel gig to gig taping them?

BTW, is this the first Adelaide gig since the 93 gig - available on pro-shot DVD bootleg as a Sydney camera rehearsal?

I know some people - both Aussies and Europeans - planning on doing some taping.

And yes, this is Adelaide's first U2 show since that 1993 gig, which was precisely 13 years ago to the very day.

OK folks, final two songs were Desire and Kite. Full set with snippets coming as soon as I have it on U2VT.

Here's the set. Source (with more statistical comments from me): http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/article330.html

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Here Comes The Sun (snippet)
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Angel Of Harlem / I Should Be So Lucky (snippet)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
Singing In The Rain (snippet) / The Fly / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (snippet)
With Or Without You
The Saints Are Coming
Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet)
Kite

Last edited:
Just got back from my first U2 gig EVER and boy the wait was worth it.
Lined up at about 1pm and ended up getting into the front part of the elipse right near the Edge. Fuck what an awsome shoW! The crowd response was AWSOME definately not what you'd expect from an Adelaide crowd.
The whole bands performance, especially Bono's voice was absolutely flawless, not to mention the showmanship. I was fully getting into it all night, screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs - dancing on the spot, man what a night.
Anybody else agree this was the best performance so far? A highlight for me was Miss Sarajevo, I couldn't believe Bono pulled that off, just magnificent.
Well I'm out! U2 RULE!

I hope Desire was less rusty than Sydney?

This looks like they finalised the leg4/5 setlist.

Thanx again for setlist and infos. Good to hear that it was another great show. So they did Desire again? I liked the version they did in Sydney.
Just a random note: I read in the newspaper today that it was snowing in Melbourne yesterday?! Does not sound like summer at all.

AussieU2fanman said:
Lined up at about 1pm and ended up getting into the front part of the elipse right near the Edge. Fuck what an awsome shoW! The crowd response was AWSOME definately not what you'd expect from an Adelaide crowd.
The whole bands performance, especially Bono's voice was absolutely flawless, not to mention the showmanship. I was fully getting into it all night, screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs - dancing on the spot, man what a night.
Anybody else agree this was the best performance so far? A highlight for me was Miss Sarajevo, I couldn't believe Bono pulled that off, just magnificent.
Well I'm out! U2 RULE!

Good to hear the band was on fire... and eh, welcome to the club U2 concert goers.

Axver said:

The only people who would disagree with you are either 1. insane, 2. deaf, or 3. both.

The saddest part of all of that....by the sounds of it U2 fall into the category of disagree-ers. I doubt that a group of such talented musicians would fall into 2....but 1 is certainly an option.

The real crime in all of this, is that The Electric co. is so powerful, such a LIVE song, a song that the hard core and casual recieve with open arms and hearts....yet U2 hasn't seemed to pick up on that. They didn't deem what most consider the highlight of the tour worthy of being played for the fans south of the equator. U2 seems so obsessed with giving everyone a "proper" U2 experience that they are missing the VERTIGO experience.

Best song of the tour. No question.
I love Gloria, but I'm glad Electric Co got the better shake.

~A.j.~

AussieU2fanman said:
Well I'm out! U2 RULE!

Ah, you were the one next to reptile screaming his lungs out! :wink: And did you throw the cushion on stage before the 2nd or 3rd song that Bono took, put down on the stage and then lay his head on?

Couldn't post last night cos I was so damn tired, but what a gig!!
Now all I can say about the concert technically was that Bono really nailed Miss Sarajevo and Sometimes and that Edge's vocals were mixed way too low. Otherwise I was too busy singing along in a tuneless manner and too busy pogoing like a mofo to really notice anything! I will follow! :drool: New Years day! :drool: The Fly! :drool:

Fucking awesome!!! :rockon:

Reptile and I are on a plane to Melb this arvo, can't wait for Sunday!!! :hyper:

blueeyedgirl said:

Ah, you were the one next to reptile screaming his lungs out! :wink: And did you throw the cushion on stage before the 2nd or 3rd song that Bono took, put down on the stage and then lay his head on?

Now all I can say about the concert technically was that Bono really nailed Miss Sarajevo and Sometimes and that Edge's vocals were mixed way too low. Otherwise I was too busy singing along in a tuneless manner and too busy pogoing like a mofo to really notice anything! I will follow! :drool: New Years day! :drool: The Fly! :drool:

Reptile and I are on a plane to Melb this arvo, can't wait for Sunday!!! :hyper:

Sounds as if you had a great time! I thought of you (and Reptile too) last night during the time the show was happening. Glad you are seeing a second show -- I've always found that multiple shows intensifies the experience foor me. Hope it does for you two as well.

Hey, is Reptile On A Plane the sequel to Snakes On A Plane? :D

Man that was an incredible show, and an amazing response from the Adelaide crowd. The band were very playful tonight and were interacting a lot with the crowd. In all honesty I thought this show was better than the Sydney 2 and 3 shows I went to, which says a lot as they were great. And to the person who asked about Desire, it was done so much better than the Sydney show and Bono really put effort into screaming those notes, that song really set the crowd on fire.

I had friends in many different sections of the stadium, including the stands and they all loved it, said the crowd was really into it all over the place.

Anyways I'm off to Bendigo this morning, I'll write a more detailed review when I get back to Adelaide next week.

U2girl said:
I hope Desire was less rusty than Sydney?

My thoughts as well after seeing the setlist. Hopefully they worked on it in soundcheck or in the dressing room. The Sydney version was pretty ragged. Still good to see it showed up again.

blueeyedgirl said:

LOL I thought that was hilarious as Bono slept on the pillow, what a showman. It wasn't me who threw it, it was someone next to me, although I wish I did. After all the hysteria has faded away this morning, I still think it was the best night of my life.
Too many highlights.

omg. i lined up from 10 am and actually got kicked out just before four o'clock. i cried. i had an argument with security because i drank a whole bottle of rum.... lol... i snuck my way back in and got against the rail. by the time it started, i was sober and i cried for the first 45 miinutes or so, lol.... i was blown away... oh my god.

miss sarajevo made me f*cking hysterical. it was great!!! i cried so much hahahaha....

now it's over and i'm depressed.

it was unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't get it out of my head...

i need footage or audio!!!!!

also i'm glad that i got in that front part. i think it was good how the first 4000 people got in. i think it was fair.

aaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was amazing. Truly amazing. I'm still in shock over Ash.....

For the record, that girl that was on stage in WOWY was my sister's friend, Ashleigh. We lined up together from 5:30am and were centre left, right up front!!! SO GOOD.

Axver said:

I'm just excited because it's Boy material! The world needs more Boy material live, and IWF rocked the place out at Sydney III. Now all we need is The Electric Co. :combust:

Yep my first U2 concert last night, and I was quite surprised to hear IWF. I thought they would revert back to the Brisbane, Syd 1 setlist. Glad to see they kept it in, loved to hear a song from Boy.

Back
Top Bottom