Adelaide radio playing U2 live concert tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epoh

The Fly
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere here, or if this is in the right area [I apologise in advance if yes & no]

http:// www .mix1023.com.au/
[minus spaces]

Tonight [from 7pm.], MIX102 here in Adelaide are playing one of the U2 Vertigo concerts live [and commercial free]. You can listen online.

S.

i wonder if it will be podcasted, i hope so but its doubtful i supose, interscope would prob get pissed if music they could otherwise be getting money from being bought was being given away free on the internet

This sounds sooooooo good....Damn...I wish it was at AAMI and not us sitting here listening - am sending my husband nuts...cranking through the house sound system, and it sounds awesome.

Chicago gig I think.

S.

I've heard a lot of top bands live...hands down, no one holds a candle to U2 live...NO ONE!!!!!!!

I've got wooden floor boards throughout my house and the bass on our stereo system is pretty awesome...this is going straight up from the floor straight into my gut....exactly the way it should and reverberating through my muscles...."Sunday, Bloody Sunday".

S.

I've waited over 20 years to see this band live....I wish like hell it was here tonight....but I can wait...but it's hard when you hear this and you haven't had the 'live' experience yet.
'Thank you MIX 102'

S.

...'wipe your tears away...'

zepher25 said:
is this the show from the DVD, or another chicago show

Not sure...all I heard was Bono say something about Chicago [my dad rang at that point, so had to go outside to chat and missed a bit]...MIX 102 haven't said where this is from, just that it is one of the Vertigo gigs.

S.

I know a girl who works at mix and is a u2 fan i wonder if she is behind this!?

I refuse to listen to commercial radio so i will continue my current plan of simply drinking at my local bars hoping to bump into other solace seeking u2 fans.........

:drunk:

Methinks Mysterious Ways was a 'ring in'...gone back to the live gig now...am not sure whether this is actually one gig, or a bit of an amalgamation of more than one.

S.

reptile said:
I know a girl who works at mix and is a u2 fan i wonder if she is behind this!?

I refuse to listen to commercial radio so i will continue my current plan of simply drinking at my local bars hoping to bump into other solace seeking u2 fans.........

:drunk:

Tell her a big THANK YOU from me, my daughters, my neice if she was. It's not the same as being there, but for me, us, it'll do til we get the new dates...waited this long...a few more months won't kill us...but this has been great to listen to [my hubby would disagree LOL]

S.

well some of these songs were never sung on the Vertigo Tour. And I think one of the songs he referred to Redrocks.... :shrug:

Lila64 said:
well some of these songs were never sung on the Vertigo Tour. And I think one of the songs he referred to Redrocks.... :shrug:

In "Gloria"...yeah...think they may have added a few songs here in with the live stuff...not that I'm complaining...it's all great to me :)

S.

sounds like a compilation of live stuff....its all too depressing:huh:

hey at least i get to see Hothouse flowers and Daniel Lanois both at the same venue in the same week (next week) how cool is that?:ohmy:

It's sounding like they are now starting to mix in some album/single stuff with the gig itself...my guess is to 'drag' this out. I'd rather they didn't do that...just play the gig from start to end. Got to say though, it's been a very long time since I've heard a live concert from/by anyone on commercial radio...and that it's a U2 gig with NO commercials for 2 hours or so makes me very happy [this whole week has been sh!t for me...this has put a big smile on my face]

S.

it soooooooooo easy to tell when its not live, for one no crowd noises in most of the songs,and 2 Bonos voice is digitally refined in the HTDAAB album, pretty easy to pick up

Back
Top Bottom