a second brisbane show would have been better....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:

Yes, for example South Australians will have no electricty allowed in their homes whilst the concert is on...due to lack of power. :giggle:

And this is why U2 aren't going to Perth: Robbie Williams beat them to the punch and is using all of WA's electricity allowance for the rest of the year, so there was none left for U2. :wink:

Axver said:

And this is why U2 aren't going to Perth: Robbie Williams beat them to the punch and is using all of WA's electricity allowance for the rest of the year, so there was none left for U2. :wink:

Plus its still the 70's in Perth...so Robbies new "dance/disco" album will blend in perfectly for the live show.

bono_man2002 said:

Plus its still the 70's in Perth...so Robbies new "dance/disco" album will blend in perfectly for the live show.

Wait, it's the 70s in Perth? When did this happen? I thought they were still stuck 200 years in the past!

Axver said:

Wait, it's the 70s in Perth? When did this happen? I thought they were still stuck 200 years in the past!

:lol:, no they are in the 70's, however still use horse and cart

Can't complain about Queensland though, Fuel is like under 1.00 p/l

bono_man2002 said:

:lol:, no they are in the 70's, however still use horse and cart

It seems they finally discovered the magic of rugby this year. They were only, what? 130 years behind New Zealand! And people say NZ is stuck in the past ... :tsk:

Can't complain about Queensland though, Fuel is like under 1.00 p/l

Ha, not any more! Now, as I can't drive, I don't pay too much attention to it, but I think it's around $1.20 a litre nowadays.

Axver said:
Ha, not any more! Now, as I can't drive, I don't pay too much attention to it, but I think it's around $1.20 a litre nowadays.

Really?, I'm sure I heard it was like 90-Something last week on the ABC radio...depends what area I guess.

bono_man2002 said:

Really?, I'm sure I heard it was like 90-Something last week on the ABC radio...depends what area I guess.

Are you sure you weren't listening to a broadcast from this time last year? :wink:

Nah, like I said, I don't pay too much attention as I don't drive. I'm pretty sure it's still past $1.00 a litre throughout the state though.

Axver said:

Oh, I wouldn't worry about things too much. Keep in mind this is the first show of the leg, and first shows tend to have some kind of unique element to their setlists as the band try to work things out. So while Brisbane only gets one show, we aren't getting the raw end of the deal ... unlike Adelaide. :wink:

I am in Adelaide

:sad: :mad: :madspit:

Axver said:

Are you sure you weren't listening to a broadcast from this time last year? :wink:

Nah, like I said, I don't pay too much attention as I don't drive. I'm pretty sure it's still past $1.00 a litre throughout the state though.

actually, it has been hovering between about 95 with fuel docket discounts and 110, usually sitting from 99-105

Axver said:

Power shortages in Perth? LOL Perth is the biggest Boom town in the southern hemisphere. bow bow!
Wasn't it U2 who lent power to New Zealand on the Popmart tour and shouldn't I be calling NZ middle earth.. Stuck in the 3rd Age, the age of the hobbits, where crazy fundamentalist Christians run the country and everyone plays rugby in the mud, lets go to to the Agrodome yeah hahah

Crazy Kiwis

LuvandPeace1980 said:
Stuck in the 3rd Age, the age of the hobbits, where crazy fundamentalist Christians run the country and everyone plays rugby in the mud, lets go to to the Agrodome yeah hahah

Crazy Kiwis

Crazy fundamentalists? You're thinking of the US. Or perhaps Australia, where Family First actually got a Senate seat. In New Zealand, our right wing fundie nutjob party is the object of mockery and amusement.

Clearly, New Zealand is more advanced than Australia. Bloody convicts.

Axver said:
And this i s why U2 aren't going to Perth: Robbie Williams beat them to the punch and is using all of WA's electricity allowance for the rest of the year, so there was none left for U2. :wink:

nah....electricity has not been the same since U2's Popmart tour....that bloody Lemon :wink:

Earnie Shavers said:

That's right, I remember that. U2 had to save NZ. Pretty funny.

Actually, it was just for Auckland, not New Zealand. And as we all know, there is no New Zealand north of the Bombay Hills. We Wellingtonians were quite fine on the electricity front.

So let's all make fun of Auckland.

MacHat said:
Auckland's always having power cuts, haha :laugh:.

When the lights go out at 9:30pm on 24/11, it will just be more proof that U2 should have performed in Wellington.

Yeah, the cake tin would've been awesome :drool:. And I'd only have to walk 30 mins to get there :love:.

MacHat said:
Yeah, the cake tin would've been awesome :drool:. And I'd only have to walk 30 mins to get there :love:.

Or they could've gone and played at Weka Park in Raumati Beach. :combust:

U2 - Vertigo Tour - Leg 6: Every Possible Venue In Greater Wellington :up:

MacHat said:
Auckland's always having power cuts, haha :laugh:.

I believed what happened was that some main power cable in the city was cut or blown and the part to fix it took a few days to be repaired, so U2 lent Auckland all of their generators from popmart ..

Pretty cool of them to help :D

That is very cool of them to help :up: :up:.

The same thing happened earlier this year, parts of Auckland went without power for days :yikes:.

MacHat said:
The same thing happened earlier this year, parts of Auckland went without power for days :yikes:.

While Cantabrians who lost power for WEEKS just went on with their lives, Aucklanders complained that their losing power for hours or days was "third world" and kicked up a stink. :tsk:

They were right about one thing though: Auckland is third world, compared to the rest of NZ. :wink:

Axver said:

While Cantabrians who lost power for WEEKS just went on with their lives, Aucklanders complained that their losing power for hours or days was "third world" and kicked up a stink. :tsk:

They were right about one thing though: Auckland is third world, compared to the rest of NZ. :wink:

Yeah, that whole ordeal proved one thing: Aucklanders are weaklings :wink: :wink: .

LuvandPeace1980 said:

I believed what happened was that some main power cable in the city was cut or blown and the part to fix it took a few days to be repaired, so U2 lent Auckland all of their generators from popmart ..

Pretty cool of them to help :D

Close. The generators were Australias, but the Australian air force planes needed to carry them were overseas, so U2 leant their huge cargo planes that were carrying the Popmart stage around.

Back
Top Bottom