A new approach to concert signs / banners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medmo

The Fly
I didn't get tickets yesterday and I doubt that the general on-sale will be any different. For those who did manage to get in, though, how about taking one for the team and letting the band know how bad they've screwed up with a banner they're probably not used to.

Something along the lines of:

"Justify the shit I had to go through to be here"

or

"18 songs won't cut it this time"

You might even get singled out by Bono. :wink:

it's probably the most effective form of protest anyone who wishes to protest has.
I guess I just wouldn't want to ruin it for the poor person who was stuck behind me.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of bringing a sign to Chicago that says: U2.coN got me these great seats. Only problem in the shitty seats I'm in, no one will see the sign!

trying? for what? The same exact top of the arena at the very back is for sale, same as it was after the 3 hrs sitting with TM's "internal error." Why would anybody buy that for $165 + fees, they'd wait to see what they see on Sat/Sun. I wouldn't pay $165+ for that no matter what. Would you join a fan club for that?

bonoed said:
trying? for what? The same exact top of the arena at the very back is for sale, same as it was after the 3 hrs sitting with TM's "internal error." Why would anybody buy that for $165 + fees, they'd wait to see what they see on Sat/Sun. I wouldn't pay $165+ for that no matter what. Would you join a fan club for that?

No. But alot of the European people are getting GA a day after the presale started. Why not try?

I turned down several offers for nosebleed seats before I got good ones. I think TM realeased 'em randomly or something, like I've said maybe that's the problem or where some misunderstand stemmed from. A European friend got GA tickets today (Weds). No harm in trying again. :shrug:

starsgoblue said:
I turned down several offers for nosebleed seats before I got good ones. I think TM realeased 'em randomly or something, like I've said maybe that's the problem or where some misunderstand stemmed from. A European friend got GA tickets today (Weds). No harm in trying again. :shrug:

Have a good time! I really hope U2 have some kind of response to this.

MrBrau1 said:

No. But alot of the European people are getting GA a day after the presale started. Why not try?

The European fiasco is different from the one in the States. TM/Fanfire screwed up with malfunctioning codes, access to the website, etc. But as they are playing stadiums in Europe, there are still plenty of tickets left.

The issue in the States is the lack of decent tickets.

Um...I have GA tickets...cost me $300...but i might consider making a sign for you guys. Mind you, I won't write anything too rude, and if U2 issues some kind of apology i might not bother... but, any ideas?
PS: Just so you know I'm also planning to make a sign saying "Happy Birthday Bono" as the concert i'm attending takes place 3 days before his birthday. I'm going with two other people who might be willing to carry an extra sign...or not, I dont know.

Last edited:
Oh sorry, i didn't get it from the fan club, I got it from a scalper BUT i didn't know it was a scalper at the time. (It was totaltickets.)
:mad: but there might be scalpers outside the show...maybe i could make a sign for THEM saying "get some ethics!" or something like that.:hmm:

MrBrau1 said:

twickenham GA is sold out and has been for a while
if you've got a couple of hundred pounds though you can sit at the back :|

MrBrau1 said:

Yeah I agree that it can't hurt to keep trying - 21 after after I started I got GA seats at Hampden. I feel bad for those who weren't so lucky, but then why not continue trying until you know hope is gone?

Hope it works out for you!

stevec said:

Yeah I agree that it can't hurt to keep trying - 21 after after I started I got GA seats at Hampden. I feel bad for those who weren't so lucky, but then why not continue trying until you know hope is gone?

Hope it works out for you bonoed!

u2shirt.gif

starsgoblue said:

Stars, did you get GA? If so then :happy: :up:

I didn't get my tix for at least 30 hours after the sale had started... when I FINALLY got through, it offered me seats in 107. I was so pleased at managing to get anything that I accepted, but my transaction timed out. Bloody good thing too, because once I went back I managed to get into 22. :)

Or something along the lines of...

"Please, bring "40" back at the end of the show... not the song, the U2.con membership".

U2@NYC said:
Or something along the lines of...

"Please, bring "40" back at the end of the show... not the song, the U2.con membership".

haha that is the best thing Ive read in ages! Love it! :lmao:

Waiiiit a minute. So you got tickets to the show. Which means - you are going to a U2 show. And you're going to sit there and complain through it all.

Classy. You are not entitled to good seats. You are not even entitled to seats. But you got them and you're going to stage a mini-protest anyway?

Enough melodrama people, seriously. No one killed your puppy.

Back
Top Bottom