"A Man And A Woman" on the "Vertigo" tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miracle_KorgSDD

Babyface
Does anyone know if U2 have attempted playing "AMAAW" on the tour? If so, where did it happen?

And one more thing:

What do people here think about this song? Be honest now! ;)

My feelings about it is that it should have been dropped from the album and replaced by another song. I'm sure that U2 have plenty of material (outtakes, b-side ideas etc etc) that they could have worked with and gotten a song that would have had more to give than "AMAAW".

I'm not saying that it's a bad song, but isn't it kinda like an "autopilot" song? Bono uses the same line as he did in "The Sweetest Thing" and for some reason I can't really fix the semi-spanish sound that the song has in the verses. Also, I don't like album songs to be too acoustic. But that's just me.

I just wish that they had put another song on the album...we all know how much Bono loves Ali anyway, from previous songs! Heheh! ;)

After hearing "Mercy" and "Are You Gonna Wait Forever", I feel quite sure that U2 dumped songs that were actually quite good. Or at least at the same level as "AMAAW".

Please say what you think! :)

I think it's an amazing song, myself.
I'm looking forward to hearing the new acoustic B-side version.

Autopilot?

"Little sister, I've been sleeping in the street again,
like a stray dog.
Litle sister, I've been trying to feel complete again,
but you're gone and so is God."

I think it is the worst song they have ever recorded, oops, i mean after Wild Honey actually.

I hope neither song are ever played live.

Sorry - you asked.

:|

I like A Man And A Woman. It took a little bit of getting used to but I like the guitar sounds and Bono's vocals in it. Its an interesting song but I am glad it made the record.

Yes i really like it too, it's one of my favourite songs on the album, but we all have different tastes, otherwise the world would be a boring place, right?:wink:

No, AMAAW has not been played live, and I don't think there are even any reports of it being rehearsed.

Some people think that because an acoustic version is going on the European ABOY single, it has a chance of appearing live. Well, we'll see ...

Nice to see the comments here! Like I said, I don't mean that the song is bad! By all means, it takes alot to make good music and U2 certainly know how to do that. I am just curious as to the other material they left out of the album, how those songs sound?

"AMAAW" has great vocals from Bono, but I just feel that it has so much of "The Sweetest Thing" in it.

And I agree on the lines you quoted, Niceman, those are really good lyrics. :)

It's the best song on the album....in my opinion. I finally met Bono in Toronto and to get his attention I sang AMAAW our loud. He stopped....came over.....took my picture.......told me to continue singing (I sing in a band) signed a bunch of stuff on my picture......

By this time I had already sung the 1st verse and a shot into the chorus.....

He said....that sounds good my friend.....looking me straight in the eye.....

When I finished the chorus.....he grabbed my hand and gave me a "brother" shake....

(well....after all.....I am black)

People around me were most impressed....

I didn't ask him to play it on tour....as I hear lots of fans have been bothering the band to play specific songs.

Can't wait...two Toronto shows down....two more to go!

Axver said:
Some people think that because an acoustic version is going on the European ABOY single, it has a chance of appearing live. Well, we'll see ...

My original thought, too...but now, not so sure...

As some of the lyrics are rather cheesy to me, I still think it's a very good song.

Really doesn't sound like anything u2 has done, and although it sounds like an r&b song, it's good stuff. And Adam's bass work is great.

Niceman said:
I think it's an amazing song, myself.
I'm looking forward to hearing the new acoustic B-side version.

Autopilot?

"Little sister, I've been sleeping in the street again,
like a stray dog.
Litle sister, I've been trying to feel complete again,
but you're gone and so is God."

AMAAW acoustic... :drool:

i'm actually happy that the boys are not performing this song, i think it is probably the weakest tune of the record, maybe a song that should not be on a record...............i always feel this song as a b-side, when i hear to a tune like mercy for example, then i really ask myself what the hell did they leave out of the atomic bomb?! a man and a woman just don't belongs to this record, just my op

babyman said:

that's probably the only thing you can save of this song, the rest belongs to the toilet..................

maybe I am too romantic... but that's a nice song to me!!

sorry, can't agree...

it's a simple song, and I think an acoustic version will be very lovely.
Just my opinion !

I do love the line "and I can never take a chance, on loosing love to find romance." Other than that it is just another filler song.

Back
Top Bottom