$80 dollars for U2 poster on Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's only asking $30, not $80 - still doesn't make him any less of an asshole. :mad: Sad thing is, there's probably folks out there who'll pay the asking price. :eyebrow:

BluRmGrl said:
He's only asking $30, not $80 - still doesn't make him any less of an asshole. :mad: Sad thing is, there's probably folks out there who'll pay the asking price. :eyebrow:

Uh that is because he changed it.

It was 80 when I posted! I know the difference between a 3 and an 8.

I know this guy and so do most of us at Interference but I won't name names.

Last edited:
and the picture was for San Diego and he stated he was selling NY? I'm confused. Anyways, it says the item is no longer for sale for $23.

I got a different poster in L.A. - I don't recall seeing any 'city' posters here, but I got a narrow/wide one (approx 48" x 12")

Get over it people. I have no idea who the guy is but I do know that he isn't any worse than the band. It probably costs them 50 cents to make that poster and they're able to turn it around sell it to us fans for $10.00 at the show. What I'm saying is that if there is a marketplace for it, if there is some guy in Idaho or elsewhere that thinks that it's cool to buy the poster for a higher price then that's great....let him or her be....chances are that that poster will be worth a great deal more a few years down the line.

I got free bumper stickers made by one of the local radio stations, had the station logo, and U2 in the middle.

A pair of scissors, and walla, free U2 bumper sticker, which I put on my window.

I got a t-shirt, because it's practical, I can wear it. A poster, eh, I passed on it this time.

I do have a poster with all their albums on it, I need to find a way to edit it, as it only goes to ATYCLB.

Off to kinkos ;)

Westport said:
Get over it people. I have no idea who the guy is but I do know that he isn't any worse than the band. It probably costs them 50 cents to make that poster and they're able to turn it around sell it to us fans for $10.00 at the show. What I'm saying is that if there is a marketplace for it, if there is some guy in Idaho or elsewhere that thinks that it's cool to buy the poster for a higher price then that's great....let him or her be....chances are that that poster will be worth a great deal more a few years down the line.

Amen to that. If people are willing to pay for it, then what is the big deal? I had a Lance Armstrong poster a couple years ago when I was in in college, saw that it was fetching over $100 bucks on eBay, so I auctioned it and got around $125 for it. Would I pay that much? Hell no but I walked away happy.

Westport said:

Yeah Yeah. I don't care if people pay for it. That's very true however when someone said they would no longer do this on Ebay well that makes them a liar.

But hell it's a guy on Interference who I thought was a friend and a fan but he doesn't mind screwing fans over by making them pay way above face.

Whatever!

Last edited:
How is this guy screwing people over by "making" people pay above face for the thing? If people are getting screwed then they won't pay that much. You could make an argument that the band is screwing fans over by charging $35 for a tshirt but people still buy them. The market will dictate the price.

randhail said:
How is this guy screwing people over by "making" people pay above face for the thing? If people are getting screwed then they won't pay that much. You could make an argument that the band is screwing fans over by charging $35 for a tshirt but people still buy them. The market will dictate the price.

He's done this for tickets as well to people on Interference.

I don't equate scalper to the band. Sorry you can make that argument if you want.

Tickets are one thing because they have an established price printed right on them. If the guy was scalping tickets then, that's wrong but I'm just talking about the poster. It's value is not as well known, yes there is a selling price but it's true value is established by the people that want to buy it.

randhail said:
Tickets are one thing because they have an established price printed right on them. If the guy was scalping tickets then, that's wrong but I'm just talking about the poster. It's value is not as well known, yes there is a selling price but it's true value is established by the people that want to buy it.

Point taken. 80 dollars does seem very extreme for a starting price for a poster which he lowered.

I mean I could sell on ebay my gold mini-Obi wan light saber which I bought for 35 dollars. I saw the bids go up to $350 on Ebay.

I can see people complaining about scalping. Understandable.

But complaining because someone is selling a poster for profit on ebay. C'mon. If someone is willing to pay whatever the price, then let people sell it. This guy went and bought the poster at the concert and made the effort to attain it. There's a cost in that. $80 is ridiculous, but then again no one bought it for that. If I happen to come across a mint condition U23 record for $5, I'm not going to sell it for $5 to another U2 fan.

Back
Top Bottom