"40" from Sao Paulo... a really neat moment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
After 3/4 of the band leave the stage, Larry is still drumming, and does his drum solo, then he gets up and walks by Bono's microphone, and waves for a few good seconds...

It's just kinda astonishing when you see it...

Sau Paulo had so many cool moments. Bono's guitar actually made noise, and when they had a technical glitch to fix with Edge, Bono started strumming Bowie's Jean Genie and improvising the lyrics, it was CLASSIC :drool:

'Where's that Fly.......?"

Canadiens1160 said:
Sau Paulo had so many cool moments. Bono's guitar actually made noise, and when they had a technical glitch to fix with Edge, Bono started strumming Bowie's Jean Genie and improvising the lyrics, it was CLASSIC :drool:

It wasn't a problem to be fixed with edge , actually he was given the wrong guitar . Guess Dallas slept for a moment , I may be wrong but Edge was given a Les Paul , when actually he needed the variax (AKA the Vertigo Guitar ) to play Fly.

Canadiens1160 said:

Yeah that was really something Bono playing Bowie , lot of oher Bono solo good moments such as this , as playing Beatles before OOTS.

that was a cool moment. Bono strumming some pretty cool guitar and then snippetting "jean genie"

power outage....power outage....where's the fly???

and then the guitar kicks in from edge :drool:

J_NP said:

It wasn't a problem to be fixed with edge , actually he was given the wrong guitar . Guess Dallas slept for a moment , I may be wrong but Edge was given a Les Paul , when actually he needed the variax (AKA the Vertigo Guitar ) to play Fly.

I think there was some problem with the guitar. Maybe the Edge was returning to Dallas the Les Paul he used to play Zoo Station.

At Buenos Aires, The Edge played The Fly with the Love And Peace guitar. When I noticed that it was too late to try to remember which guitar Edge used to Love and Peace (being on Adam's b-stage makes hard to remember what was going on when Bono was around!)

victor_f said:

I think there was some problem with the guitar. Maybe the Edge was returning to Dallas the Les Paul he used to play Zoo Station.

At Buenos Aires, The Edge played The Fly with the Love And Peace guitar. When I noticed that it was too late to try to remember which guitar Edge used to Love and Peace (being on Adam's b-stage makes hard to remember what was going on when Bono was around!)

Ah finalmente acho outro brasileiro aq , e ai velho ?

BTW The Love and Peace guitar is the same of the 'vertigo ' fly , it's also a Variax acoustic 7000.

Back
Top Bottom