4 Things that take our Tickets Away - slick 'n sexy edit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RadRacer

The Fly
First of all, I wanna say I love U2 fans, I love super fans and I love the admins and mods!

1. Lots of fans, however, were not able to get tickets on this tour. If you don't believe this, then go somewhere else. We have all heard about the plague that are ticket brokers. U2 shows everywhere sold out in a matter of minutes, and they are in possession of an abundance of tickets in any section of a venue. Their prices show anything but love for the music of U2.

2. Also, scalpers have never been a greater plague to a tour. A U2 fan getting rid of some extra tickets over eBay and making a variable profit (due to the nature of auctions), I don't consider a scalper. However, some of us have become scalpers, for one reason or another, and are not treating our brother and sister U2 fans in a dignified manner. The temptation to adopt those "unethical" strategies is enormous for someone who just can't afford to buy tickets at the scalper rate on his own budget - one could buy up any section you get and don't want on a general sale, sell them like a scalper to make enough money to afford the ticket you want from a scalper. It's a vicious cycle.

3. Nevertheless, there are a handful of people who have gotten their hands on 2 or more GAs to more than ten shows on a leg and, understandably, are very happy about that. They may be real fans, and I wish any real fan to have that much fun. I wish we could all see as much of U2 as our passion thirsts for. Now, read my first point, again. This harsh inequality between the haves and have-nots breeds discontent.

4. Fanclubs. This one is a sensitive issue. I would do what it takes to get U2 tickets, including pay the annual fee, if that's what everybody else has to do. However, what's a fanclub really to you? Most U2 fans don't bother with it until a tour comes around. That is seen in the fact that we had a debacle with the influx of fanclub members before the Vertigo tour.
Beyond that, however, I must say I dislike the idea of these kinds of fanclubs. I think it's wrong to measure the level of "fandom" of a fan through the amount of money he throws at the label "U2". And when fanclubs mess up and cannot accept the number of applicants before a tour, a real arbitrary divide begins between those who are privileged with presale codes and those who are not. They can both be the same level of hardcore fan, but one gets the short end of the stick. Or, worse yet, the slug-type of "fan" may actually get his hands on a presale code. These fanclubs haven't even shown their effectiveness in separating the real fans from the pure scalpers. Plenty of scalpers got in and got their presale codes.

I took my usual tour of the General Tour Discussions, these past two days, and still see some threads spun with ignorance and a laziness to get better informed. I know lots of people here don't read posts that have more than one paragraph in them. But back to the topic at hand, with an example:

I saw someone complaining about presale policy. First he blamed U2.com, solely, then found out who he really wanted to blame was U2, and, in the end, he blamed it on glitches in technology, which didn't make any sense. After I got through, I thought he must have started his thread with one big confusion in his head, when, all along what was behind it all was a momentary emotional reaction triggered by a seeming injustice purposefully committed on fanclub members. As I'm writing this, I realize I should drop you the link to the thread, but I won't, because I don't want to call ridicule down on anyone. However, all along, he could have felt good that he wasn't left without a presale code, like so many of us (please read point #4, above). Basically, to whatever problem you have, there's more problems going around, and I'm sick of people just dropping a thread about a detail of a problem, everyday.

Why do posters have to go through this, over and over again? It's gotta drive the poor moderators mad to read this, over and over again. I just wanted to post my ideas down over the course of a couple of weeks, but I'm already losing interest to stick around, already in the second week. I'd never want to be an administrator to this site - I'd feel this part of my life has no purpose.

It's not that there's so much value placed on idiocy, here; it's that people keep fascinating themselves with replying to the same simple, dumb stories, again and again, and perhaps they should be guided to read a summary of the many problems that people have in this discussion. That could really put an end to people running the gamut from blaming Ticketmaster to U2 and then back again, when all of this is antiquated thinking, by now.

Now, in regard to the forum member whose post I've talked about, above, I'm not trying to break a forum rule, here; I'm not calling anyone names or black-labelling anyone, but we have a situation here that I cannot express in any other way but to walk this line between polite and rude, and I'm very aware that some of my threads may really have been big confusions, as well, and may be, in the future. I don't mind people correcting me. First of all, this is a forum - it's a masked ball. It's not like losing face in real public.

Now, I do want your thoughts on the above post, and my reply. Throw 'em at me, I can handle them.

RadRacer said:
I'd never want to be an administrator to this site - I'd feel this part of my life has no purpose.

Thanks a lot. :up: You're really off to a great start here arent you.

Although.. I did actually stab myself in the eye with a spork and shove a knife through my skull in It's Official :wink:

You asked who the guys in the photo in my sig were....

They are my favorite band (some people would said my obsession :rolleyes: ) -- The Church. Twenty five years of sublime music and a new cd in the works. I'm a happy camper. :)

Oh my, Sicy, how can you take it? What's your secret? It's SOOOOO killing me! Ehmm... are you going to any show, by the way - oh! Never mind. I snuck into your room and read a page of your journal - you got tickets. I think good ones, too. Well, then it's probably exciting for you to read how this snowball starts turning into an avalanche, gradually, if it didn't start as an avalanche.

I don't have tickets, so it sickens me. You can thank me for not getting myself banned, tonight, 'cause I was in the mood to curse every thread I saw. Yes, I am sensitive about these things, I guess. I'll just be quiet for a while. I'll drown the sorrow with much alcohol in the Sultan's decadent place. The worse the world gets the better it is to trash it all, in there. But tell me how you can take it, anyway. Why?!?!

4 Things that take our Tickets Away

After I posted the "A Solution to Help", I realized people may want to read up on the prequel. That's the only reason why I post it again - for your convenience. It's a summary of many problems I've encountered on the forum, in my two weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Lots of fans, however, were not able to get tickets on this tour. If you don't believe this, then go somewhere else. We have all heard about the plague that are ticket brokers. U2 shows everywhere sold out in a matter of minutes, and they are in possession of an abundance of tickets in any section of a venue. Their prices show anything but love for the music of U2.

2. Also, scalpers have never been a greater plague to a tour. A U2 fan getting rid of some extra tickets over eBay and making a variable profit (due to the nature of auctions), I don't consider a scalper. However, some of us have become scalpers, for one reason or another, and are not treating our brother and sister U2 fans in a dignified manner. The temptation to adopt those "unethical" strategies is enormous for someone who just can't afford to buy tickets at the scalper rate on his own budget - one could buy up any section you get and don't want on a general sale, sell them like a scalper to make enough money to afford the ticket you want from a scalper. It's a vicious cycle.

3. Nevertheless, there are a handful of people who have gotten their hands on 2 or more GAs to more than ten shows on a leg and, understandably, are very happy about that. They may be real fans, and I wish any real fan to have that much fun. I wish we could all see as much of U2 as our passion thirsts for. Now, read my first point, again. This harsh inequality between the haves and have-nots breeds discontent.

4. Fanclubs. This one is a sensitive issue. I would do what it takes to get U2 tickets, including pay the annual fee, if that's what everybody else has to do. However, what's a fanclub really to you? Most U2 fans don't bother with it until a tour comes around. That is seen in the fact that we had a debacle with the influx of fanclub members before the Vertigo tour.
Beyond that, however, I must say I dislike the idea of these kinds of fanclubs. I think it's wrong to measure the level of "fandom" of a fan through the amount of money he throws at the label "U2". And when fanclubs mess up and cannot accept the number of applicants before a tour, a real arbitrary divide begins between those who are privileged with presale codes and those who are not. They can both be the same level of hardcore fan, but one gets the short end of the stick. Or, worse yet, the slug-type of "fan" may actually get his hands on a presale code. These fanclubs haven't even shown their effectiveness in separating the real fans from the pure scalpers. Plenty of scalpers got in and got their presale codes.

You can just 'bump' up your existing thread instead of making a new one.. just so you know. ( I merged your two threads).

Yes.

Thank you for your help, Sicy. You're nice. I'm not mocking.

But my intention was to get rid of the clutter... OK - MY clutter - under the thread. Oh well, ...

Sorry people, to put you through this. Stay f-o-c-u-s-e-d....

RadRacer said:
I took my usual tour of the General Tour Discussions, these past two days, and still see some threads spun with ignorance and a laziness to get better informed. I know lots of people here don't read posts that have more than one paragraph in them. But back to the topic at hand, with an example:

I saw someone complaining about presale policy. First he blamed U2.com, solely, then found out who he really wanted to blame was U2, and, in the end, he blamed it on glitches in technology, which didn't make any sense. After I got through, I thought he must have started his thread with one big confusion in his head, when, all along what was behind it all was a momentary emotional reaction triggered by a seeming injustice purposefully committed on fanclub members. As I'm writing this, I realize I should drop you the link to the thread, but I won't, because I don't want to call ridicule down on anyone. However, all along, he could have felt good that he wasn't left without a presale code, like so many of us (please read point #4, above). Basically, to whatever problem you have, there's more problems going around, and I'm sick of people just dropping a thread about a detail of a problem, everyday.

Why do posters have to go through this, over and over again? It's gotta drive the poor moderators mad to read this, over and over again. I just wanted to post my ideas down over the course of a couple of weeks, but I'm already losing interest to stick around, already in the second week. I'd never want to be an administrator to this site - I'd feel this part of my life has no purpose.

It's not that there's so much value placed on idiocy, here; it's that people keep fascinating themselves with replying to the same simple, dumb stories, again and again, and perhaps they should be guided to read a summary of the many problems that people have in this discussion. That could really put an end to people running the gamut from blaming Ticketmaster to U2 and then back again, when all of this is antiquated thinking, by now.

I thought long and hard on how to respond to this thread. The longer I thought the more verbose my replies became. Then it dawned on me - keep it simple! So I will reply with this one word.

ASS!

You know, I dont know why but I keep trying to re-read this and it still never makes much sense...:eyebrow: :huh:

Dalton said:

Just because you disagree with what a person says doesn't mean you have a right to break rules. No personal attacks (name-calling included), please.

Dalton, that's what I was talking about in my last reply. Sorry, you probably didn't read that far, and got the anger sandwiched in between. I meant for you to not read the replies, only the original post. Then Sicy, bless her heart, came and glued my new post to this thread, and the misunderstandings were bound to happen. But now I got the most replies ever. This is some really random behavior on this forum. You know, you could have read that sooner, gotten offended, and replied. Anyway, thanks.

That wasn't name calling. It is a distinct style of debate .... invented by the British I believe .....

I totally agree with you. People shouldn't read so much into the words, and look at the character who speaks this. Besides, I like your style. That "ASS!" was not offensive, but amusing to me. You make yourself very clear with that and I know I don't have to talk with you, because we come from two worlds, man... I'm an original species, and you ain't (big f**cking smiley, here - my interference still can't display icons, but I'll fix it if it becomes critical, one day; for now, you know what I mean)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonochick,

... Heya!

RadRacer said:

I totally agree with you. People shouldn't read so much into the words, and look at the character who speaks this. Besides, I like your style. That "ASS!" was not offensive, but amusing to me. You make yourself very clear with that and I know I don't have to talk with you, because we come from two worlds, man... I'm an original species, and you ain't (big f**cking smiley, here - my interference still can't display icons, but I'll fix it if it becomes critical, one day; for now, you know what I mean)

Being a virgin doesn't make you an "original species" - it just means that you are ahhh ..... pure?

Is that why all of you posts have that unique masturbatory quality to them? :wink:

RadRacer said:
(big f**cking smiley, here - my interference still can't display icons, but I'll fix it if it becomes critical, one day; for now, you know what I mean)

If you are using Norton Security it may be blocking images. Try adding interference to the 'safe list' if that's the case.

Here's a thread with more information on that.

http://forum.interference.com/t89568.html

Yeah, it's probably with Zone Alarm...

let's see...

SWOOOOOSH!

Oh WOW! Sicy, you're so beaut- ... erhmm... yes. Thank you for the tip.

And you, Dalton, now I can see you, too! So you think you're pretty slick, eh?

I can see, this can become the start of a friendship, if we rough a bit more in the sand. Only thing is, your mouth is too dry and your speech too terse. Maybe I should come from the other side?

Virgin? Where did you get that from? Are you referring to me being a Fly and you a Refugee?

Look who's talking! Have you ever looked at your own picture? How about a little history lesson? Can you tell me the attributes of the guy you got hanging around your neck? You should like me. Now, can I pick you up on that "from the other side"-part?

Back
Top Bottom