3rd Leg Presale: Do we have any confidence in what the stage setup/best tix will be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
Since the 3rd leg presale starts this week, and since many of us former Prop members will presumably have our pick of the best seats in the house, I have this question:

There's been a lot of talk and speculation about what the stage design and arena set-up will be. Are we any further along now with accurate information on this subject than we were several weeks ago? That is, does anyone have an idea (within a reasonable degree of certainty) of what the stage design and floor set-up will be?

Is GA/floor still the best place to be? Are these the very best tickets at the lowest prices? Is there any truth to the rumour that the new LED screen will be on the floor (a la McCartney SuperBowl halftime show) ... so that people in GA floor couldn't even see the new state of the art screen? Is the show really "in the round"; or, is it still an "end-stage" set-up? Any clue?

When I couldn't get tickets for the first leg, I was consoled by the fact that when the 3rd leg tix went up for sale, at least we'd have the advantage of knowing what the show was like (and where the best seats would be). However, this won't be the case. So, if you can buy any ticket in the arena, what do you buy??

In any event, this post shouldn't be interpreted as more whining. I'm thrilled to finally just get in the door. Thanks to U2, U2.com, and Prop for pulling through.

Well, no one knows the stage design right now, so you are in a way taking a risk in getting GAs.

In terms of show design, whether it is set, lights, or video screens, if you are on the floor you will miss most of it. But that's always the case. That's the price you pay for being closer to the band (well worth it IMO).

It seems to me that the rumors we have heard point out to quite a sophisticated and innovative stage set-up that would maximise the amount of good tickets, i.e. more people will have a chance of being close to the band at some point. That might also mean that if you are on the floor, you migh miss part of the show. For example there are rumors that there will be some elevation concept, which would mean that the people of the floor wouldn't see much.

Similarly, if there is a B-stage going really far, people in the front won't see much when the band is over there.

That being said I still think GAs will be the best tickets no matter what. You still have a great choice of where you want to be on the floor, I'm sure there will be some good spots.

Back
Top Bottom