3rd leg opening act should be big!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's pretty safe to say that "The Arcade Fire" will open a few shows.They are the big buzz right now in the music scene.Plus,U2 seems to be fan of the band..at least Adam,since he admited that he downloaded some Arcade Fire songs.

Obviously,being from Montreal themself,it's a no brainer that The Arcade Fire will open The Montreal shows,among those shows that they will open for the 3rd leg.

Last edited:
Dropkick Murphys (for Boston and Hartford gigs)

Actually I agree w/ Ifeelnumb

Dropkick Murphy's is FUN in Boston

They Played a set @8am on St. Patricks 05 in the Black Rose
It Was Outstanding ! and outside the Pub Many were Outstanding as Well!
They would be a great opener!

Yeah I saw Dropkick Murphy's at Avalon on the saturday after st. paddys day....the guitarist threw up mid-song and didnt miss a note...it was an afternoon show, so they had a bunch of their relatives stage left, including someone's 85 yr old grandmother and a bunch of little kids. It was an awesome show....
But they are uniquely Irish and Bostonian, so I don't see them opening a show anywhere else.

Dropkick Murphys would be cool, but I think a Coldplay opening act would be great, what a show that would be. All Chris Martin talks about is how much U2 has influenced him over the years. Remember in Rolling Stone last year when he said he played 'Homecoming' to his unborn child? Sounds like a U2 fan to me. I bet it will end up someone like the Killers, Audioslave (which would be cool too), or Snow Patrol... we'll see. When do you think they will announce who is playing with them?:wink:

someone mentioned audioslave, but i watched the making the video of them and they think they are the biggest in the world, so i bet theyd have a problem with that...besides theyre ok on my opinion.

tkramer said:
...this just in...
"..." has replaced the comma...
...and the period...
...and the question mark...
...rumor has it the exclamation point is next...
...more news as we get it...

:lmao: ...nice one....

My pick would be Bloc Party. Pretty big in Britain I think (at least everyone's saying they're GOING to be big) and developing an indie niche in the US. They're a bloody brilliant band though :drool: If I saw Bloc Party and U2 in the same gig I might just combust from sheer awesomeness!

If not Bloc Party, then I'd go with Interpol or The Killers (haven't heard Arcade Fire really, except for Wake Up, which is a pretty good song. I'd approve of them). I'd prolly combust if I saw those too. Audioslave is decent but that'd be worth it just for MORELLO :drool: one of the best guitarists out there. He takes Edge's love of effects to the next level. Too bad Rage broke up, they were a much better band...

As thrilled as I'd be if it were, I don't think it would be Coldplay. They're wrapping up a US tour right around the time U2 begins their 3rd leg.

id doubt U2 would aquire Arcade Fire to open for them... cause the Arcade would murder U2 on their own stage.. even before they hit the stage... they are THAT good!

Cigar said:
It's pretty safe to say that "The Arcade Fire" will open a few shows.They are the big buzz right now in the music scene.Plus,U2 seems to be fan of the band..at least Adam,since he admited that he downloaded some Arcade Fire songs.

Obviously,being from Montreal themself,it's a no brainer that The Arcade Fire will open The Montreal shows,among those shows that they will open for the 3rd leg.

I agree - I'd be willing to bet some money that Arcade Fire will open a few dates....And I hope you're right about Montreall!!! :hyper:

Nate Dogg said:
Rob Thomas

:|

Just the thought of this is making me need as much soothing and reassuring as when I read the rumor of Sugar Ray opening. Tell me it isn't so, lie to me if you have to...:no:

Oh yea, I have an idea, how bout Doves? They're good... One of These Days and Snowden are fuckin brilliant songs (and pretty U2-y as well). I'd totally approve of them opening for my boys.

I just got an e-mail from the switchfoot webmaster stating that their new album "Nothing is Sound" is slated to be released in early August. Can't wait.

That is perfect timing for Switchfoot to do a short promo tour during the summer and then open for the world's biggest band through the fall.

You heard (read) it here first.

AtomicBono said:
Oh yea, I have an idea, how bout Doves? They're good... One of These Days and Snowden are fuckin brilliant songs (and pretty U2-y as well). I'd totally approve of them opening for my boys.

:up:

:combust:

:faint:

How about the 'Frames'. In Ireland they are as legendary as U2. Damien Rice let them open for him on his last US tour and they were great. U2 is about due to help another excellent Irish band get the exposure they deserve. If you have never heard them listen to some of their songs starting with--Santa Maria, Fake, God Bless Mom, Revelate, Red Chord, Lay Me Down. I can guarantee anyone who loves U2 will feel the same about the Frames. It would be a match made in heaven to have them as the opening act.

Last edited:
stargift said:
How about the 'Frames'. In Ireland they are as legendary as U2. Damien Rice let them open for him on his last US tour and they were great. U2 is about due to help another excellent Irish band get the exposure they deserve. If you have never heard them listen to some of their songs starting with--Santa Maria, Fake, God Bless Mom, Revelate, Red Chord, Lay Me Down. I can guarantee anyone who loves U2 will feel the same about the Frames. It would be a match made in heaven to have them as the opening act.

yeah the Frames are good :yes:

Back
Top Bottom