3rd leg next month - still no opening act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techfire

Acrobat
I've been checking back here a few times a week, hoping to hear something about the opening act, I'm a bit surprised they haven't announced anything. I'm starting to think that it may be a popular band, like No Doubt from the last tour. I'm calling out the Killers, at least for the Vegas shows, I believe they're from Vegas.

Yeah I'm with you that this is taking a little too long. The 3rd leg begins in about a month and still no sign of whos opening. I thought it would be the Killers but it looks like there scheduling a few dates for the fall already. Maybe Doves or My Morning Jacket :drool:

If I remember correctly, they had 2-3 different opening acts the last tour, so they'll probably do the same this tour. Kings of Leon didn't do it for me.

Too bad you didn't like Kings, I'm a pretty big fan of theres. I was doing some research and there is a rumor of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opening. That would be great if thats the case.

zoopop said:
Too bad you didn't like Kings, I'm a pretty big fan of theres. I was doing some research and there is a rumor of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opening. That would be great if thats the case.

I doubt it, since Black Rebel Motorcycle Club are touring at the same time and have a show at the Metro in Chicago on 9/20, the first night U2 are there.

Slamming J said:
I don't expect to hear anything until after they finish the second leg now...

Probably late August. They can tour alone as far as I'm concerned, I'm just hoping they change the set list this time around, I've had enough of New Years Day.

The Dalton Brothers are making their glorious comeback!

bono_man2002 said:
Could they prehaps play a longer show without an opening act?
Come on stage a little earlier....for a bit of a longer show.

no way

if anything the setlists will get a bit shorter

theres quite a few more shows on this leg than the first NA one and the european one.

VertigoGal said:
I want it to be the Arcade Fire, but I think they're busy at least for September...hopefully they'll show up in November. :hyper:

I would be so EXCITED!!!!:drool:

arcade fire has one good song... we listen to their album all the time in my store.... it's pretty mediocre....

there's so many better bands which have been discussed....
switchfoot, killers, caesars....etc.

let's hope it's someone worth watching.

just out of curiousity...how long was it before the 2nd leg started when we knew the support acts? i know there was a very short window of time between this information becoming available and the actual start of the leg, so perhaps we have a while to wait again before we find out?

Back
Top Bottom