3rd Leg - Dates till the end of 2005? What about Australia? 4th Leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fullautoreverse

War Child
Hi all.

I'm starting to fear the gang won't be coming downunder..

Aussies are being left in the dark with this tour. We missed the wonder that was elevation, it would be a real dissapointment to miss the Vertigo show as well.

I know production costs are set quite high and with the exhange rates it ends up being costly for artists to come here, but hey, us Australians are forking out the cash to buy your tunes/dvds/merchandise too! :(

I was front row at Popmart Brisbane, I slept in a shopping centre for two days to get good tickets and the entire experience was truly life changing - I so much want to experience it all again :(

I thought the tour was set to play Oz early to mid December, now U2.com informs us all the 3rd leg dates run to the end of 2005 and will be covering North America...?

Is there going to be a 4th Leg?

Do i need to go and rob a handfull of 7-11's tonight to buy tickets tomorrow? lol...

Come on boy's - you want our dollars up front, are you coming to Oz? If so, when...

Cheers all

I can't believe I registered here over two years ago and this has been my first post..and that I even remembered the password.. :D

They would've been there in december, but the tour got delayed a month. So now, they'll be in the US when they were supposed to be in Australia. I'd say no fear, they'll be in Australia and Japan and hopefully South America in early 2006.

Wouldn't it have been a nice change if they had put their fans before the American $$$. I know that the tour plans have changed but why not make the 2nd American leg wait until early next year ??

I've been slightly nervous, but I'm pretty confident they'll stick to the plan of coming down here. It's just that the month might change.

Axver said:
I've been slightly nervous, but I'm pretty confident they'll stick to the plan of coming down here. It's just that the month might change.

Axver - buy a plane ticket to Omaha -- and then when they announce the Omaha date, later this evening, you can crash at our place. Hope you like Elmo, my kids do.

They better come here otherwise they should rename the concert "not the rest of the world tour". I mean really...! come on Bono, Larry, adam, edge... (i know you read forum material on this site...).

They run u2 like a big company - they should be planning their non-US trips well in advance and hedging currency movements with the help of investment banks.

Mr Hutchins would like to find out that they werent going to visit his hometown...

I'm from sydney and i'm off to see them in New York in May...(lucky)...but i'm really hanging out for them to come to my city.

DO IT BOYS OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWU2Buffs said:

Axver - buy a plane ticket to Omaha -- and then when they announce the Omaha date, later this evening, you can crash at our place. Hope you like Elmo, my kids do.

Heh, I'd love to, but I'm already draining the bank account dry by flying over for the three Boston first leg gigs.

Though actually, I plan on being in the US for Christmas, New Year's, and a birthday in early January ... hmmm ... later this year, if tickets are still available or being scalped off for reasonable prices, I might plan to come over earlier and catch the very end of the third leg.

And I just noticed the original poster is a Gold Coaster like myself. Hello from Tallai! :wave:

I think i've posted this a few times now....
But i can feel A LoveTown II Happening (They'll Spend 2 months around Aus, NZ and Japan.

Hey there Axver, Ashmore here! lol what a small world..

Any Aussies thinking about their ticketing options yet? I think it might be a sleep over at the Convention Centre the night before they go on sale. It worked for Popmart in 98 (In the Myer carpark ).

Cheers for your reassuring replys everyone, I have my faith back that the boys wouldnt do it to us again..

Cheers.

Trashmore, eh? :wink: Nah, I've nothing against the place.

I haven't the faintest idea what I'll do, especially because I suspect that Ticketmaster7 or whoever's doing the tickets will have less servers than in the US, so they'll be easier to overload. Then again, there will also be less demand. I've never bought tickets for anything before besides the three Boston shows I'm flying to, and I did that online.

haha! Trashmore...thats what I call it too. PM me your msn addy dude, you so lucky to be going to boston!

ticketmaster7 told me via telephone they dont do ticketing for the brisbane entertainment centre and all rights are passed to Ticketek. Ticketek told me they have allowences for 400,000 people to be online at once purchasing tickets.

I still think in person is the best way IMO.

fullautoreverse said:
haha! Trashmore...thats what I call it too. PM me your msn addy dude, you so lucky to be going to boston!

ticketmaster7 told me via telephone they dont do ticketing for the brisbane entertainment centre and all rights are passed to Ticketek. Ticketek told me they have allowences for 400,000 people to be online at once purchasing tickets.

I still think in person is the best way IMO.

You've done your research! I wonder if they'll do arenas or stadiums down here ... and do you think there's any chance they'll bother playing the Convention Centre? It's pretty pointless to pack up everything in Brissie to drive an hour down the road, but the Convention Centre is new ...

Whatever the case, I just want to get as close to the front as possible, mainly because I'll be going dressed as October-era Adam (I have the same golden curls so I'll grow a 'fro once I get back from the States) and it would be hilarious to see Adam's reaction. If the show on-sale dates are staggered, I'll probably go online as I have a hard time believing 400,000 people will be trying for Brisbane. If all Aussie shows go on sale on the same day, however ... yeah, then I might line up.

I'm not on MSN much, but I'm amak_axver@hotmail.com ... if you want to drop me an e-mail (as you have to be a paying member to use PM here), drop me a line at amakaxver@gmail.com It's awesome to meet another Gold Coaster on here! I came across one other back in November but I've since lost contact with them ...

Last edited:
Have added u to msn and found your yahoo addy through your journal, drop me a line sometime! :)

I think its going to be stadiums because of the whole unsold-ticket-popmart-empty thing, but after watching elevation on dvd i hope thats how it is. popmart at anz stadium didnt sound the best, the sound echo's quite a bit.

Convention centre could be a go'er, again its through ticketek. :)

I would say the 4th leg could be released in a few months like the 1st, 2nd and 3rd...again they will store up all the cash and make some interest off it all for future shows. All the dates will prolly go onsale at the same time and then add extra shows as needed, if needed..

I cant believe you only like 20 km's up the road! lol

fullautoreverse said:
Have added u to msn and found your yahoo addy through your journal, drop me a line sometime! :)

I think its going to be stadiums because of the whole unsold-ticket-popmart-empty thing, but after watching elevation on dvd i hope thats how it is. popmart at anz stadium didnt sound the best, the sound echo's quite a bit.

Convention centre could be a go'er, again its through ticketek. :)

I would say the 4th leg could be released in a few months like the 1st, 2nd and 3rd...again they will store up all the cash and make some interest off it all for future shows. All the dates will prolly go onsale at the same time and then add extra shows as needed, if needed..

I cant believe you only like 20 km's up the road! lol

I don't use IM programs much any more, though do you have AIM? If I'm likely to be anywhere, it's there. May sign onto MSN sometime tonight though. I never expected to find a Gold Coaster on here! Heck, finding Australians here at all isn't always easy, besides a few regulars from interstate.

I do wonder what the demand would be like. I remember when stories of an Australian leg first surfaced, they spoke of arenas, which I actually think would make sense as U2's stadium tours here have struggled to reach sell outs, particularly Popmart as you say. I'd only just come over from NZ when Popmart hit Brisbane so I had no clue it was on, though I was probably too young anyway. I favour stadium shows simply because there's more tickets, less fear of missing out, and as I'm seeing arenas in the US, I'd personally like to experience a stadium show, but I really don't care at all, just as long as they come here! And if they DID come to our new Convention Centre - that'd be incredible, to have U2 on the Coast!

I'm hoping that they'll announce an Australian leg before the European stadiums. Something along the lines of "U2 are now off to Europe, and the stadium show they are preparing will not only be sensational, it will also be going down to Australia in 2006" or "U2 are now going to Europe, but not only will they return to their highly successful arena setup in North America in September, they will also be taking it to Australia in 2006". That kind of announcement would make sense.

heya

omg! 2 other se queenslanders (im on the range) - if they come to bris yeah think i'll pack up the campin stuff to get front row
then there's sydney - hehe my sis is a GM for a large tourist centre - she can get THE! tickets (but she dont like me too much so i'll have to bribe her)

marty

hope it aint at the entertainment centre - the access is sooo! shitty!

Back
Top Bottom