2 Openers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Interference has been reporting that both the Thrills and Dashboard Confessional will be opening for the first 8 shows of the third leg.

What did people in Europe think about having 2 openers? Personally I hope it's some misinformation as having to stand around waiting for U2 through 2 opening acts would annoy the hell out of me.

even though some of the bands were decent the waiting around seemed interminable. the doors opened about 4, first band at 6, second at 7:30, U2 at 9:30 in some cities and closer to 10 in others. :crazy: makes for a long day when you're in the GA.

I'd much prefer one opener--or even none. I don't need a lame band to get me psyched for U2. I'll be off-the-hook already! My Chemical Romance? Please no!

I'm waiting for the (ridiculously slow) official update on U2.com before I get worked up about the openers.

Utoo said:

I'm waiting for the (ridiculously slow) official update on U2.com before I get worked up about the openers.

Seriously, we are just 12 days away from the first show of the third leg and there is still no official announcement yet? Thats just plain ridiculous.

Chizip said:

Seriously, we are just 12 days away from the first show of the third leg and there is still no official announcement yet? Thats just plain ridiculous.

And you know that when the list finally comes up, they'll misspell one of the bands' names, or maybe even say that U2 is opening for the opener or something stupid...:wink:

Like Utoo? It's been known to happen... :tongue::wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, but this is from a Hotpress article

By the end of the day the announcement had been removed, presumably because the Dubliners had jumped the gun.

Hotpress.com understands that the dates are a definite goer, with Keane, Arcade Fire, Kany West, My Chemcal Romance and Dashboard Confessional also expected to hook up with Bono & Co. as they work their way around the continent.

U2/The Thrills dates, we're sure, are the following:

hopefully hotpress are just a bunch of idiots

Back
Top Bottom