2 GA lines... Whats your proof you are a u2.com member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge1967

The Fly
Will you ticket scan a certain way? Because on @u2 they say:

There are 2 lines: one for U2.com, one for the others. The U2.com line will be allowed in first, tickets scanned, and random selection will determine if the ticket holder gets into the ellipse or not.

Fan club members will be allowed the first entrance into the arena.

Once the fan club line has been exhausted, the other GA line will go through the same process."

SOOOO, fan club members will be allowed in first... so again my question. what stops a non-fan club member from lining up in the fan club line?????
Thanks

TheEdge1967 said:
Will you ticket scan a certain way? Because on @u2 they say:

There are 2 lines: one for U2.com, one for the others. The U2.com line will be allowed in first, tickets scanned, and random selection will determine if the ticket holder gets into the ellipse or not.

Fan club members will be allowed the first entrance into the arena.

Once the fan club line has been exhausted, the other GA line will go through the same process."

SOOOO, fan club members will be allowed in first... so again my question. what stops a non-fan club member from lining up in the fan club line?????
Thanks

Pre-sale tickets....

Yeah, and what if you bought your ticket off of Ebay? How do you know whether it was originally sold in the presale or in the general sale. How do you know which line to get in?

if you bought tickets during the pre-sale it has a code on the ticket saying "B-FAN" or FAN denoted that it was purchased during the pre-sale. I have 3 GA's i bought during pre-sales.

What stinks is that I'm going to a show with two of my friends (They have GA's from the regular sale) and I have GA"s from the pre-sale. Will that mean I have to go inside before them or without them??

And all of those people from the first MSG show who have pre-sale tickets def. got them from Ebay...

drt4 said:
Yeah, and what if you bought your ticket off of Ebay? How do you know whether it was originally sold in the presale or in the general sale. How do you know which line to get in?

Check the date it was purchased. The Pre-sale dates were before the gen onsale. It should have a sale date on your ticket. Mine is 2Feb5 for instance, so it's a seattle pre-sale. It also says L-fan, which I believe is a pre-sale only thing.

Last edited:
Another question

What if the concert you are going to has had no pre-sale, meaning that it was an added show??? Im still a u2.com member but I didn't get these GA's on the pre-sale...

anitram said:

:lmao:

Half of us never got ours.
I ended up with 2 that came on the day of the first presale along with the letter promising u2.com members would be in the "heart" of the action:huh:

Re: Another question

TheEdge1967 said:
What if the concert you are going to has had no pre-sale, meaning that it was an added show??? Im still a u2.com member but I didn't get these GA's on the pre-sale...

Thats one of the big questions at this point. We will know after tomorrow though. My "guess" is that it will be handled the same, just no separate line for U2.com pre sale tickets as there were none.

I really don't like the beeping business ... it's fine to have random selection, but only include those who showed up at a reasonable time like 12 PM or even 3 PM ... don't include some guy who shows up at 730 and hears a beep and is rushed inside the ellipse !!

Man i hope this beep thing is true...i'm an exprop member, got my tickets in the presale for Van1, and they have the j*fan mark on them!!!!

njelevation06 said:
if you bought tickets during the pre-sale it has a code on the ticket saying "B-FAN" or FAN denoted that it was purchased during the pre-sale. I have 3 GA's i bought during pre-sales.

What stinks is that I'm going to a show with two of my friends (They have GA's from the regular sale) and I have GA"s from the pre-sale. Will that mean I have to go inside before them or without them??

And all of those people from the first MSG show who have pre-sale tickets def. got them from Ebay...

That's not entirely true at all.

Not every venue's presale tickets have FAN or anything denoted like that on them.

Queen Bee said:
I bought a pair of Phoenix 1 GAs through the presale and my tickets don't say '(letter)-FAN' anywhere on them. However, on the Ticketmaster.com my order shows 'M-FAN.' Am I the only one? :huh: :help:
It's the exact same for me for the show on thursday 4/14.
I also purchased some tickets for the friday show and those say "ADULT" instead of M-FAN.

GA Phx

I have GAs (thru presale) for both Phoenix shows.. neither of them say anything about FAN on them from what I can see.

we'll have to have someone from San Diego confirm how they determine fanclub vs not.

i have my card on my keychain as backup

mine says J-FAN...i bought them off ebay..... does any one remember when the presale was in VANCOUVER??? and when the regular sale was? thanks!

Perhaps it is not based on weather you bought your ticket via the pre-sale.

You just have to be a U2.com member. My reasoning? How about all those shows that went onsale after the first one sold out? IE Some of the extra Boston shows, MSG, etc. that weren't part of the pre-sale.

Hmmm this is getting so complex :huh: I wonder how they are determining if you're in the fan club considering some people's tickets don't have the "fan" thing on them--there has to be another way.

Re: Re: GA Phx

beli said:

As backup proof?

or backup as a weapon? :D

:lamo: As a weapon? What are you gonna do with it? Scrape 'em?

My Denver 21st tix say BFAN. Maybe the bar-code on your tix has the info on when and how they were purchased.

it is not for all u2.com members, just people with presale tickets. Look at the picture of the sign somewhere near the beginning of the thread.

How will they know? they will likely inspect and scan the ticket. Plus I believe the J-FAN thing is telling.

Back
Top Bottom