1st leg US tour....rumored dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A rumor is that U2 will be cancelling the ACC tournament and Bono will offer to shoot some hoops during the encore to please rowdy college basketball fans...

Rumors in Philly still have the band hitting Wachovia Center on March 16 & 17... Looks like rumors are all over. Should be interesting how everything shakes out

bridonohue said:
Nice Hewson.

In addition to March 16th-20th, MSG is also available March 24-28th and April 13th-16th. These are the only available 4 night blocks in March and April. April 13th-16th is the only block that doesn't have anything on these dates.

April 13 Duran Duran is playing at the Garden!

Duran Duran has been canceled due to lack of interest. They peaked when they made that cool "Hungry Like The Wolf" video that was shot in Sri Lanka.
But seriously, can Duran Duran fill up Madison Square Garden?

bonnevoix02 said:
Wow...it looks like they're skipping out on a lot of the Northeast of the U.S. and Canada. Cleveland, Columbus, Cin., Buffalo, Albany, Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Pittsburgh....Are we supposed to assume some of these will be in a separate leg of the tour? They did cover this territory well with Elevation, so perhaps they'll skip it this time?

I also hope there's something closer to Pittsburgh than Philly....cause that'd be a horrible drive in the winter...

I've actually heard that U2 will have 1-2 Montreal dates in April. This info is 3rd hand, though. It's through a buddy who has a contact at the Bell Centre in Montreal. The problem is, until you see a schedule, you never really know.

Last edited:
Sure, many bands can fill MSG...

There is demand for anything in NYC. That is why it is impossible to get tickets for many shows.

Dates Open at Kemper Arena In KC

MARCH
4, 7-14, 16, 17, 22-29

APRIL
3-5, 8, 11-21, 24-29

They don't have May yet.

My guess is that we should see U2 in KC either between March 22-29, or April 11-21. And obviously for no more than one date, but that stretch of time seems optimal to U2 as they have a lot of dates to choose from based on other cities dates'.

U2@NYC said:
Sure, many bands can fill MSG...

There is demand for anything in NYC. That is why it is impossible to get tickets for many shows.

Dude its easy. Just do not make it impossible.

Some funny posts here.

First, the 1st leg is going to cover all of N. America (west coast wont be excluded !! LOL, look at U2's touring history they have never skipped the west coast on a first leg and it wont start now)
Its going to be a question of how many shows they play in the major markets. The "rumor" I have heard is that its going to be similiar to the Zoo TV indoor 1st leg pattern as far as where they go and when. Difference being its not going to strictly be one night in each arena, they will play multiples in the major markets (IE NY, Boston, Chicago, LA). 3rd leg they will come back and hit some of the same cities again and hit markets they didnt on the first leg (this is where I think KC might see a show, I will be shocked if they hit KC on the first leg). I have also heard that there may be a couple stadium shows on the 3rd leg in the U.S., depends on the interest and the stage design which is actually just being put together right now.

Last edited:
Newtshoe said:
It sure seems like they will be doing the west cost of North America on the second NA leg becuase all the dates being thrown around are in the East.

They usually start the tour out with east coast dates, don't they? That would explain why we're hearing about those first... it's good to get the early ones nailed down first.

Since the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony is going to take place in NYC on 3/14/05, you can expect them to be playing at least a 3-night run at MSG either directly before or after that date. And, DC before that?

This from today's Boston Herald Inside Track:
http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=58522

Eavesdropping
WE HEAR...That U2 will hit the FleetCenter for three shows in March, then a few more in June.

Keep in mind this is the same column that earlier this year dropped the bombshell that U2 would be rehearsing and kicking off the tour in Boston, spending about 5 weeks in the city, and how's that working out for us in Beantown?

Last edited:
.......Albany, NY? They have played every tour here, since we built an arena, in 1990. We're part of the band's "Northeast Corridor" , I call it that, since they now like to stick close to their houses and "homebase"...

Teta040 said:
.......Albany, NY? They have played every tour here, since we built an arena, in 1990. We're part of the band's "Northeast Corridor" , I call it that, since they now like to stick close to their houses and "homebase"...

Albany - March 28th

Here's a safe bet for a few dates:

New Jersey March 13/15.....(Hall of fame induction on the 14)
New York March 17/19/20
Toronto March 25/26
Albany March 28
Buffalo March 29
Detroit March 31
Montreal April 2/3.

Last edited:
jedi Larry said:
The greater NY area would have five shows on the first leg alone. That's good coverage.

The first leg is not out to meet demand though from what I have heard. NY will see probebly 3 shows max on the first leg. They will play the area again though on the 3rd leg.

Also, just because the RNR Hall Of Fame is on a specific date does not mean they will be playing the NY area at that time? They have their own jet after all!! They have played other events in the past where they tour was nowhere near where the event was at the time. Of course its possible but I wouldnt use that as a basis for them being in the area.

Fortunately the tour dates will be announced in a couple weeks. I'm sure then we are going to get the inevitable "Only 2 shows in NY???!!!" type reaction. But they dont announce the extra dates until the first couple sellout. But some will still freak out I'm sure. Then again, maybe they will do the "barnstorming" type of tour on the 1st leg. Hit and run, only play one or two shows in each market.

Last edited:
Ah, now to let my parents know I will not be seeing them this Easter.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom