1st leg US tour....rumored dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't see U2 playing anywhere BUT NYC or Boston on March 17. Both cities have enjoyed the distinction, and probably one of them will get it again.

Chris in NH

NHChris said:
I can't see U2 playing anywhere BUT NYC or Boston on March 17. Both cities have enjoyed the distinction, and probably one of them will get it again.

Chris in NH

Mmmmmmm :drool: -- Irish band in a largely Irish city (Boston) on THE Irish holiday??? Oh yeah, baby! THAT's the out-of-town show for me!!!!! :up: :happy:

foolonthehill said:
Has anyone heard anything about Dallas or Oklahoma City??? PLease let me know...

Peace,
Brenda

They won't miss Dallas. They never have. (Except in the Joshua Tree, they opted for 2 dates in nearby Ft. Worth). You have nothing to worry about concerning Dallas.

Oklahoma City is a definite maybe. Now that they've built the Ford Center, it seems to be attracting a lot of big acts. I'm sure U2 won't overlook this. Also, they haven't played in OK since 83, so I'm sure the demand to see U2 there could be potentially high.

From previous experience, oftentimes whatever sports event is conflicting with a tour will get moved either to another venue or another date. This happened on a couple of the big tours this year including Madonna and Prince. The tour trumped whatever the sports event was, including some major basketball games.

I'm hoping for 4 Texas venues (or even just 4 Texas dates) on the first leg of the tour!

The rumor here at Notre Dame is that the band may play a show in April. Although it could be nothing more than wishful thinking.

It was a big suprise they played our small and outdated arena on the Elevation tour, but it was an amazing show. Supposedly they wanted to play the football stadium, but the university wouldn't let them because it was during the season (10-10-01).

I'd love to see them play the ND football stadium. That'd be a great show!

u2zootvfan said:
The actual Florida dates should be as follows:

Rehearsal last week of February at Miami Arena

March 1,2 American Airlines Arena (March 2 will be an added show not initially announced)

I Hope you are right. As to the rumors that u2 will be playing in Sunrise for the opener, wouldn't they have mentioned that? I mean didn't they say that they would be opening in Miami? AHH i really hope that they do come for 2 DAYS here in the MIA!!! That would totally rock!

Any news on whether they would come to St. Louis. Also, if anyone can tell me the average ticket price, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd now like to point out that March 6 is booked at Philips Arena for some sort of "Georgia Force" thing (I think it's arena football) in the afternoon so it looks like March 6 is indeed out for Atlanta. But the 7-11 looks open for now.

U2dork said:
I'd now like to point out that March 6 is booked at Philips Arena for some sort of "Georgia Force" thing (I think it's arena football) in the afternoon so it looks like March 6 is indeed out for Atlanta. But the 7-11 looks open for now.

They should play at Turner Field

Atomic Monkey said:

They should play at Turner Field

Yeah, the Georgia Force is Atlanta's Arena Football team. They moved from the 'burbs to downtown this year after Arthur Blank bought the team.

All the rumors I have been hearing here in Philly is Wachovia Center on March 16th and 17th... With trips to the Garden in April

NHChris said:

Chris in NH
While the FleeceCenter is available on March 17, there is a Celts game on the 16th and Hockey East Semis on the 18th, so I don't think U2 will squeeze in between if they are gonna play multiple nights, they'd have to break down and rebuild...not gonna happen.
However the Hockey East finals are on the 19th, and the next scheduled date is a Celts game on the 25th, leaving the 20th-24th open which fits right in with the tentative dates Blue Room listed...we'll see.

I guess no one heard the hour long interview they did for Canadian radio on Sunday night? U2 confirmed in the interview (Bono & Larry) that they will be in Canada for the first leg of the 2005 Tour. "...late March" to quote Larry.

U2_GTA have also contacted the Air Canada Centre in Toronto where it would appear March 25/26 & 27th (if needed) will be used. It wouldn't be unrealistic to expect at least a 2 show stop in Toronto.

My guess is, if they play three nights in Toronto this spring, we will not see them in the fall.

East Coast North American Tour - Spring 2005, Europe - Summer 2005, West Coast North American Tour - Fall 2005, Austral-Asian Tour Spring 2006. :hmm:

I want to know if/when they are coming to Alberta. For Pop, they played in Edmonton. For Elevation, they played 2 shows in Calgary. Edmonton or Calgary, which will it be?

Shono said:
East Coast North American Tour - Spring 2005, Europe - Summer 2005, West Coast North American Tour - Fall 2005, Austral-Asian Tour Spring 2006. :hmm:

Totally unlikely. When they play the US, they hit both coasts on the same leg.

Lisa71 said:
I just heard from a friend that Tampa on the March 5th is a go.

I read that March 5 is also set for Tampa. So if that´s true the dates for Miami should be March 1 and 3 (my birthday):wink:

martha said:
Sure are a lot of newbies in here with information they claim is truth.

But with no evidence.

WHAT???

When did being new become an issue??? When did passing information on become a bad thing? This is a rather elitist attitude don't you think?

At no time did I say that this info is gospel, just what I had heard. This is a post under "U2 Tour Rumors" after all. Secondly, my theory about the Spring, Summer, Fall and 2006 legs of the next tour are pure speculation. Anyone who takes it to be truth is again forgetting that this is a thread about tour rumors.

With all the infighting and bickering going on this site, I am really starting to become disillusioned. The last time I checked, the common theme of this site was to come together as U2 fans. People are taking shots at each other over the most ridiculous things. Who are you to judge if my participation is valid or not? Who are you to say if my contribution is worthy? Why should it matter if I have 1 post or a 1,000 posts?

This is slowly deteriorating into a group of exclusive clichés with specific agendas based on nationality, gender and membership. I think it is sick. Yes I am new. New to contributing information, but certainly not new to this site. This isn’t the U2 fan site I have followed for the past year.

Back
Top Bottom