10 shows in Australia and NZ on next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge2

Refugee
According to U2Log, that's what the current plans are.

Because I live thousands of miles from there, I don't care...

But I bet Axver will be at every one of those shows:wink:

FullonEdge2 said:
But I bet Axver will be at every one of those shows:wink:

TEN? HELL YES!

Wooohooooooooo!

Now the question is, where will the ten be?

- 1 in Perth
- 1 in Adelaide
- 2 in Melbourne
- 2 in Sydney
- 1 in Brisbane
- 1 in Wellington

That's EIGHT. Please U2, please play the Gold Coast!

Wow, you Aussies must be very lucky! I don't think any other country will get so much on teh next tour.

The Dutch always get much, with three concerts for 15 million people. But 10 gigs for 20 million(?) is relatively much better!

I'm hearing rumours the tour may be indoors ... to be honest, that baffles me. WHY do an indoor tour when I'm sure they could sell a stadium in each city besides Adelaide very easily? Hm. Well if it is indoors ...

- 1 in Perth
- 1 in Adelaide
- 2 in Sydney
- 2 in Melbourne
- 2 in Brisbane
- 1 in Auckland
- 1 in Christchurch

That's ten.

what for Stadium or Arena's do have Australia or N-Zealand :

- Perth
- Adelaide
- Sydney
- Melbourne
- Brisbane
- Auckland
- Christchurch
- Wellington

U2C said:
what for Stadium or Arena's do have Australia or N-Zealand :

- Perth
- Adelaide
- Sydney
- Melbourne
- Brisbane
- Auckland
- Christchurch
- Wellington

Perth and Adelaide, I'm not sure. I'll leave those two to the locals to answer. Perth's Entertainment Centre recently closed but I have heard of big names still playing there.

Sydney: a number of stadiums, notably Telstra Stadium. Not sure about indoors.

Melbourne: MCG and the Telstra Dome are the most notable stadiums. Again, unsure about arenas.

Brisbane: ANZ Stadium is apparently the outdoor concert venue. Not sure about the capacity of the Entertainment Centre arena. The Convention Centre just opened here on the Gold Coast ... again, not sure of capacity, but if they're playing indoors, maybe?

New Zealand - if they are playing stadiums, they will play one show at WestpacTrust Stadium in Wellington and that's it. If they play arenas, they will play one show each in Auckland and Christchurch (the Christchurch arena is the WestpacTrust Centre). Wellington has no arenas big enough.

10 shows in Oz should help make up for missing us on the last tour - surely they won't be planning indoor shows,venues are just to small..hope they play telstra dome in melbourne heaps better than mcg.

:scream: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let them come to Adelaide!!! We've got a few venues: Entertainment Centre, Adelaide Oval & Memorial Drive. They'd be fantastic at Adelaide Oval, it's a beautiful venue, especially with St Peter's Cathedral all lit up in the background. AND I've found someone to go with me. So they just have to come!!!

Considering the European leg of the tour is in stadiums I think it's safe to say U2 will be playing stadiums here too. Somehow I doubt they will play 10 gigs unless they play a mixture of Indoors and Stadiums.

if they ARE indoor gigs here in australia...they will play 10 shows....it most citys (maybe not adeliade, Perth) ....but the demand for tickets will be so high.

stadiums is the way to go...2 for Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne 1 each for Adeliade and Perth....makes better sense to me.

I don't see why they would play two stadiums in Brisbane. There's 2.5 million people in southeast Queensland (Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Toowoomba), but there's no way this place could support two stadium gigs. To my knowledge, the second ZooTV gigs in both Sydney and Melbourne just failed to sell out, and that was at the height of U2's popularity in markets with 0.5-1 million more people.

Good point - there are a lot of fairly new U2 fans like myself who've never had the chance to see them play live. Add to that all the existing fans who haven't seen them in 7 years, like you said, and I reckon you'll get some big audiences.

I think it might be quite interesting to see what setlists we might get on the basis of them not having been here for seven years...

Back
Top Bottom