Viva Las Vegas Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey, just wanted to know who's going to the party and also will be in the ga line on the 5th?

HERE IS A COPY OF MOST OF THIS EVENING'S EMAIL UPDATE...FYI
(It is not too late to join in on the...F U N)

It has all coming together like virgins at prom!

MANY AREAS TO COVER HERE So....Pay Attention kids!

OK....Steelerfan has graciously offered to pay for 2 of the (Warhol style) paintings, do I have another taker or two...The artist said she would do them for us for $40 a piece....these will be very unique original pieces of U2 art (artist in Chicago)...EMAIL me if you'd like to be a sponsor for these auction items.

Next....Our darling Andrew from Manchester is doing the best price shopping for some really awesome publications (hard-back preferred) that you can only get in the UK....if you are interested in pitching in for a book or two...or three.....it would be greatly appreciated....I hope to have enough of you pitch in to get several copies of them, I know you will want them when you see them! (I know I do!)

And.....I need a few volunteers for pretty easy stuff....I will need very simple help but, priceless when I cannot be everywhere at once...(auction set up, making sure the bidding sheets are with the right items...BS like that)....I would prefer have people designated to specific tasks ahead of time instead of half-ass assigning people the night of....we will ALL be amped & ready to party!

Also....Who among you have an extensive photo collection that can be burned on a disc & played on a wall? (if it is good enough, that baby may be an "order item" at the party...something that you can get a copy of for $5, naturally that money going to the auction fund.

While we are talking media.....(Hey Brian, you may have some input/ideas in this area!) This party needs to be caught on film...FANS GONE WILD (not really, Dman, keep the shirt ON)....are there a few teams (of 2) that would like to roam the room, "interview" people, & ask trivia questions? THAT will be a fun job & you will make the rounds & meet everyone! (If this comes together, another post party item to order!) Not all night, a "shift" kind of thing...unless someone turns into a real Conan & hogs the mic!

Lastly.....I need BIG TIME help with the trivia snippets...if a couple of you can work on compiling this info, it would be FANTASTIC, I just can never get to it...(I can give you the major sources, but need someone to take the time & spreadsheet it & slap it on a disk) Everyone is welcome to submit stupid or odd trivia....those are the best ones you know!

I hope to get a "dancing pole" temporarily in the pub somewhere....We promise we won't tear anything up (except maybe slip a disc, it's the old ones that have the dream of dancing on a pole and no one is staying at the Rio)

One word, WAIVERS! I am not bailing anyone out of jail that calls the party for help, I will not make any trips to the hospital....we will all have an unbelievable time but, I am sure we will all watch out for one another. None of these parties over the years have had "incidents", let's keep it safe & legal.....(trading hotel keys is a WHOLE different issue.....based on the comments, THAT is encouraged....'cept for you married kids!)

That about covers it for tonight.....14 days 'til the jets start hitting the runway.....

This is your captain speaking, bidding you a restful night (happy DAY to you Euros ;)

Marietta
email: imahockeychic@yahoo.com

You are two steps in front of me!! I am too sick to pack...and spending too much time trying to get Friday tix!!!

Will be in GA and at the party Saturday, though...sick or not!!! Hmmmmm.....maybe just my body's way of getting extra rest before VEGAS!!!!!

See you all real soon! :hyper:

please spread the word to check the web site for a complete & updated list of attendees.....bus info will be posted as soon as they tell me what entrance to meet at!
Check more than once a day until PARTY TIME!
I am getting some last minute party goers!!

How was the party at McMillans?

I wanted to go so bad, but it was probably a good idea on my part that I did not, I was so drunk after the show, I only lasted 2 hours after the show before it was lights out. So who can give me an update, I heard so much good stuff leading up to the party (the tribute band, open bar, etc.) did it go as planned, any fights, anyone get laid?

Back
Top Bottom