Phoenix (Glendale)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone wants to share a room we have extra space. Im staying at the Embassy Suites (which all the rooms are obviously suites) right near the airport.

We are going to rent a car to get to the shows so obviosuly you can carpool with us. The hotel provides a shuttle to and from the airport so no worries about that.

heres the hotel site

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/...MNMMYCWZFECSGBIXM22QKIYFCVUUC?ctyhocn=PHXPHES

$100 for Wed-Sun seem fair?

How many people are sharing one room. Also, did you include taxes when arriving at $100. Hotel taxes can be steep.

U2fan05 said:
I was looking at the Super 8 at I17 & Northern. There's also a super 8 at Indian School & I17. Do you know anything about either one. These are the cheapest I could find. I already booked the Crossland Hotel at McDowell & 51st. I can cancel it though. I thought it seemed okay. There are a bunch of hotels in that area right of the hwy. Does that Northern st. have alot of traffic in the morning. I have GAs

Thanks.

Yes, Northern has tons of traffic in the morning, but fortunately most of that is moving towards the the freeway, and you'll be going away from it, so it shouldn't be too terribly bad. Unless that Super 8 is on the east side of the freeway, in which case you might have a little trouble getting across the freeway during rush hour. But most of the way, it should be ok, at least by comparison. Northern can get very congested at times, especially near the freeway. And the one on Northern is going to be a better bet than the one on Indian School. Not only is it closer, but it's a better neighborhood.

They're also doing road construction on some of the roads leading to the arena, so I will keep everyone updated on spots to avoid, as the concert gets closer.

U2fan05 said:
Did you book online, because it shows at $44 night
i did priceline, but when i checked the website is said $39--but maybe that's because it's a single and not double?

Just me and another buddy. The whole thing came out $300 for the room plus $80 for the car for two days.

The room has two doubles and a pull out sofa bed so there is a "bed" for three people.

Hey everyone,

I know that Phoenix tickets are not as hot for some reason, but I do have 2 for the 4/14 show that I desperately need to sell. They are in section 119, one is row U and the other row Z. I can sell them seperately and I'm looking to sell for $100 apiece, but that is negotiable. I'm coming to Phoenix from Atlanta to see the 4/15 show and so I won't be able to go on the 14th. Please pass this along if you know anyone who might be interested, it would be a huge help. Thanks!

From the Glendale Arena Website...

Notes on General Admission
Guests with General Admission ("Floor GA") tickets will be directed to enter the arena at gate 5, located in the northeast corner of the arena. Line-ups will begin outside gate 5 and may begin no earlier than 9:00 AM on the day of the concert. Please park your vehicle in parking lot B , accessible from 95 th Avenue and Glendale Avenue. Click here to view the parking map.

Upon entering the arena at gate time, all guests in your party must remain in line together. Entrance into the U2 Ellipse is determined at random by a tour ticket scanning system Please note that NO CAMERAS of any kind are permitted in Glendale Arena for this show. Glendale Arena security and event policies do apply. For a complete list of our building event policies, please

Why will I need to line up before they let us into the arena? What time will they let us in? I'll be arriving around lunchtime, so scoop me.

I have a GA, but if the scanner decides, even after the show starts, why should I wait in line all day?

i wouldnt mind the san jose policy, it sounded like it worked out pretty well

Martha the only reason to line up early is to get a good spot outside the Ellipse if you don't get scanned to go inside it. The spots on the outside rail of the oval fill up pretty fast.

*cough* You may want to at least be at the arena between 2 & 5pm for soundcheck though. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom