People going to LA or already here...what do you think??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popbellydancer

Refugee
Hey everyone....I'm not sure if I can even do it, but I'm tossing aroung the (very) last minute idea of a costume/Halloween party for those who either live in or are coming to the LA shows. I a huge U2 fan and also a huge Halloween fan...was thinking it could be a U2 related party, and you could even wear that Fly outfit you know you've got in your closet!!!:laugh:

I'm just asking to see if anyone would want to come to my very cool pad and party the night before lining up???

For those who don't know me...I'm Melissa and have been to 3 tours, with some dance experience as well! :wink:I have bellydanced for the boys as well as the cover band The Joshua Tree. My boyfriend (whom I live with) is Jesus Matt from NYC. He played onstage the last night of the Elevation Tour in Miami w/U2.

So that's it...just curious what ya'll think??? Oh, and I live near the studios in Burbank!!!

Melissa :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:

I think it's a great idea.....I'm not going to the LA shows, but I will be at the Vegas shows. I am going to see Exit at Molly Malone's on 10/29 so I will be up in LaLa land yet again. So it depends on when/where this shindig ends up being held.

Hey Melissa....did you ever find your earring from the Sat. Fair show performance? How come you're not performing for the Vegas JT shows?

Karen-SD

Originally posted by Carek1230
I think it's a great idea.....I'm not going to the LA shows, but I will be at the Vegas shows. I am going to see Exit at Molly Malone's on 10/29 so I will be up in LaLa land yet again. So it depends on when/where this shindig ends up being held.

Hey Melissa....did you ever find your earring from the Sat. Fair show performance? How come you're not performing for the Vegas JT shows?

Karen-SD

no i didn't and thanks for helping to look!

and because i haven't been asked so i assume it was just a one time thing...or that the boys think it can't be done in a club. but hey, i'm up for it anytime!

Last edited:
hi all,
im coming over from new zealand for the shows and think a party sounds like a great idea.would love to catch up with some fellow fans,not to many of them around this part of the world!
quick question for you LAers.
Any ideas for accom near the shows that wont cost the earth?
If not is the public transport an option for getting to & from the shows as ive heard a few stories about travel times,saftey and such,anyhow any info greatly appreciated & i look foward to catching up with some of you,
cheers
Andrew

neilfinn said:
hi all,

If not is the public transport an option for getting to & from the shows as ive heard a few stories about travel times,saftey and such,anyhow any info greatly appreciated & i look foward to catching up with some of you,
cheers
Andrew

The closest hotel to Staples center is the Holiday Inn-Convention Center-downtown. It's decent and virtually ACROSS THE STREET. However, I think it sells out alot because of the location.

Another close by hotel is the Hotel Figueroa but I don't know what that one is like. It is older and historic. I would suggest checking out www.tripadvisor.com and looking hotels up before you book them.

Then you have your fancy downtown hotels like the W or the Westin, a bit pricier.

There is a train that goes from Hollywood ( and other areas) to downtown but I would not advise taking it after 9 or 10pm and I don't think the station is within walking distance of the Staples center.
Good Luck and an early welcome to Los Angeles if you decide to come. I love it here!
p.s. One other thing for visitors. Getting a cab AFTER a concert at Staples is not easy. I just tried it for a show there a couple of weeks ago and it was virtually impossible. You have to WALK to a hotel and have them call a cab for you. Very irritating. Hey, it's not NY, what can I say?

Last edited:
popbellydancer said:
ok, so like 3 people are interested in going? guess i won't do a party then....

:sad:

Darnit, I wanted to be a boobie!

Boobies.jpg

neilfinn said:
hi all,
im coming over from new zealand for the shows and think a party sounds like a great idea.would love to catch up with some fellow fans,not to many of them around this part of the world!
quick question for you LAers.
cheers
Andrew

Welcome to interference neilfinn. :wave:

Quick question are you the real Neil Finn of Auckland New Zealand. If not, nice to have another Kiwi among us here at interference. If so, :bow: :bow: :bow: and I look foward to seeing you on Sunday!

Humble Neil Finn fan. :reject:

sorry about the delay in replying,a few computer problems...
No im not the real neil finn, just another humble fan who didnt quite relise how popular he his around the world untill i started getting comments about my username!

Are you seeing him play on sunday? always a fantastic live show.

anyhow not long now till L A & cant wait!!

see you

Back
Top Bottom