Oct. 29, American Airlines Center in Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2okc said:
U2 never cares about people bringing in non-professional cameras. 11 shows with no problems.

yay, i hope so. I have an s400 I wanted to take w/ me that takes great pics...i just hope i'm close enough to get good shots :drool:

Best wishes towards all of us getting in the ellipse.

And everyone, I'd appreciate it if you joined the inmyplace13 Party Girl campaign. By join, I basically just mean think that it's a cool idea.

hey everyone..this will be my first u2 concert and i cant wait!!! however, none of my friedns wanted to go so im going by myself...just wondering what the wait is going to be like in the line...im hoping to meet a few people, so it wont seem as long!! i plan on getting to the line around 10-1 in the morning..do yall think that is early enough or what?? also, can someone tell me how to get into the ellipse..i know you have to be real lucky, but im just curious>.......thanks for all help!

Well there's nothing you can do to get yourself into the ellipse, it's entirely random.

A chair is essential. Blanket never hurts. I'm bring a cooler that I'm gonna stock with waters for myself and anyone who needs one. Bring an iPod if you get bored easily. I always wind up bring stuff I don't need, because I find that I have more fun conversing with my fellow fans than toying with gadgets. Helps the time go by faster too.

The thing I'd say is the most important is a little chair though. You don't want to be sitting out on the pavement all day. Trust me on that one. Realllll pain in the ass, literally.

what time are you getting there, to stay in line? o you think if i got there at around 11, i would still get to be near the stage?

Well, Sis and I are coming from Chickasha...in a Grand Am (hers or mine, we've yet to decide:wink: ).

I really don't know as this is my first show. I'm getting in line right when they allow it at 8 though, as are a lot of us.

Well Inmyplace13 :)

Ill probably be there just after they start allowing lineup just look for a tall guy with curly hair and a Rattle and Hum shirt lol. Anyway Ill probably do the same at least bring a couple bottles of water with me.

i think i'm just about ready :hyper: :hyper:

just a little tidying up to do before eebz gets here (around 4am :lol: :crazy: )
*is jealous that right now at this very minute she's getting to see and hear U2 :angry:

things i'm bringing:

- my purple bono purse
- my tickets
- u2.com membership card and keychain and profile print out
- drivers license
- digital camera if they allow cameras in
- regular disposable camera in case they don't allow cameras in (i can sneak that in :sexywink: :shifty: :silent: )
- folding chair
- small cooler with snacks
- bottled water and soda (can't live without my caffeine!!! )
- immodium ad (just in case! i'd hate to miss U2 if i got sick after being in the sun all day eating junk food :giggle: )
- aspirin (also just in case)
- umbrella (for shade, i'd rather not have sun tan lotion all over me for the concert...i burn really easy)
- happy birthday larry banner
- picture of bono holding birthday card i gave him in chicago hoping to get it signed
- 1 pink glow stick

and i'm still not sure what i'm going to wear but i think it will be my pink african well fund t-shirt, either that or a green vertigo tour shirt.

something tells me i'm not going to get much sleep tonite or tomorrow night :laugh:

ABEL said:

and i'm still not sure what i'm going to wear but i think it will be my pink african well fund t-shirt, either that or a green vertigo tour shirt.
[/QUOTE

Oooh smart fashion choice ... :p

I just realized I didn't get my poster board for the Party Girl guitar poster...

To Wal-Mart I go...

Taking applications for what the poster should say. I want to get up and play Party Girl for Larry's birthday. Give me suggestions.

Right now I've just got...

"Me. You. Party Girl. We'll play it for Larry's Birthday"

I need something betterrrr

oktobergirl said:
ABEL said:

[/QUOTE

Oooh smart fashion choice ... :p

:sexywink:

i still haven't decided though...it fits a little too tight :shifty:

hey spanisheyes, if you don't sell that ticket, i think discotheque still needs one too.

Spanisheyes74 said:
otay...but is there a sales thread? i thought i saw mention of one somewhere :scratch:

if you can hold off on posting about selling it for a couple minutes i can send her a PM (i don't know if she's online now though) and try to call her i know she's been desperate for one all week and i've been trying to help her find one. if that's ok with you, unless you want to wait to hear from robb first.

Abel,

whoever has the green gets it :wink:
i just posted to the first person I saw who asked for one, but its fair game at this point. :)

Alright well my good buddy Lila64 helped out on this:

"Party Girl Guitarist For Hire"

What do you think?

haha ok. well i just left a frantic phone message on her cell phone and sent her a PM, i hope she gets it. :sigh: :hyper:

if you don't sell it by tomorrow morning maybe you can try to find me in the GA lineup? i don't know if she'll come and try to get a ticket tomorrow or not i know i told her she had a pretty good chance of finding one out there.

like i said i'll probably be wearing my pink african well fund shirt and my purple bono purse.

u2okc said:
I am lining up in the GA line about 2:00. I've always been on the rail everytime I got in line around 2:00-3:00. No worry...

Who's going to Trinity Hall after the show to watch the U2 Tribute band?

I'd like to...but my Sis is in a bad mood:(

Back
Top Bottom