Oct. 29, American Airlines Center in Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3:00 PM Saturday. GA's!!!! I'll be wearing an OU hat. Yes, I know Texas kicked our butts!

u2okc said:
3:00 PM Saturday. GA's!!!! I'll be wearing an OU hat. Yes, I know Texas kicked our butts!

Hey, its 4:27pm and OU SUCKS :eeklaugh:

3pm saturday....is that the time they are allowing everyone to line up or just the time YOU"LL be there? :wink:

My girlfriend can't make it until later in the day. I hope no one gets upset if she shows up late :reject:

Word is no one can line up before 8 am. Thats what american airlines policy is. so i'll be there at 7 AM.

Alright, much like the Pittsburgh fellow, I'm going to try to get up on stage and play Party Girl for Larry's birthday. I need ideas for my sign though, any thoughts?

I think I'll recap it. Perhaps the next person to post can copy the list and add his/her name to it, so there's a running tally.

U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
LaceyM. - Section 104 9w/hubby)
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop

GAs
------
inmyplace (wearing white Mavs shirt)
TCUfrog (wearing S.F. Giants hat)
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)

Hope I got that all correct for now... Not like I'm in Texas, but will start other threads for the next state, um CALIFORNIA BABY! :wink:

Last edited:
SECTION 123, ROW P (FRONT ROW).
Closest I could find for a reasonable price (double face)

Its behind/sidestage, but its better than high and distant!

Hoping for a great setlist!!

I'm kinda worried about this, guys. At some point in the day, I'm going to have to go home to pick up my girlfriend. Does anyone think that would be a big deal if I did that?

I'm afraid something will happen with the line if I leave, either that or people will get mad. I'd hate for them to split into the U2.com line or hand out numbered wristbands while I was gone. I also don't want people in line getting mad that my girlfriend will probably be showing up around 2 or so.

I'm really nervous. I don't want anything to go wrong.

nope don't know which entrance they'll use.
i tried calling the AA center today.
sunday they told me they'd know after the meeting yesterday.
of course today they tell me to call back on friday :rolleyes:

soooo i guess the plan is still to line up at 8am.
depending on how we all feel friday night after i get off work we might scope out the area friday night.
but with the stars game on friday i don't know if any of that's worth it or not.
we shall see.

*getting excited* :hyper:

You'll be fine. Just tell the people around you where you are going and that'll you be back with her. I doubt the line will split that late in the day. If it hasn't split by noon, it probably won't happen.

so you guys plan on being there by 8am?

Man, that means we'll have to be up SUPER early to get there from Austin..:huh:

Anyone know what the parking situation is down there? I thought I read in another thread that it was very limited and in a scary part of town. :ohmy:

question for those who've been in GA before....

does the crowd push and shove and get really nasty like in other concerts? One of the cousins coming with us is 3 months pregnant and they're worried she might get ruffed up.

I don't think it will be anything like that, but what's your experience been?

I'll be there by 8 am. Hell, maybe even earlier. Parking is going to be an issue, but we will try to figure something out all together. It's really not that bad of a part of town, at least in my mind. If you're coming from Austin, I'd just as soon get a hotel somewhere Friday night. I live in San Marcos but I'm going home tomorrow anyway so going from Mansfield to Dallas Saturday morning will be easy.

Not really scary. I think someone else said that one of the lots at the AA center will be open at 8am (cash only lot). So you should be okay. If you park in the west end or on one of the side lots toward the west end it can get kind of seedy. My husband is going to stash the car in the garage at his building it's about a mile away, but it is a covered secure garage. :wink: Then we just pray that they don't tell us to get rid of our camera. :eyebrow:

OK, here's the latest from U2Texas:

"I just called the AAC and asked about the GA procedure. She said we could start lining up at 8 AM at the East doors but didn't know about parking so she transferred me to a nice lady with Parking Services. She advised one lot will be open, the F Lot, she said that is the Visitor Parking Lot which will be open all day, cash only."

We booked a hotel for Saturday nite only..checkin is at 3pm...we all plan on being in line by then...DOH! I hope they have late check-in..what time do you think the concert will be over?

btw, anyone here been in GA before? This will be a first time for the 6 of us going together.

Recap:

U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
LaceyM. - Section 104 (w/hubby)
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
jelloe - Section 123, Row P
GAs
------
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)

Spanisheyes74 said:
question for those who've been in GA before....

does the crowd push and shove and get really nasty like in other concerts? One of the cousins coming with us is 3 months pregnant and they're worried she might get ruffed up.

I don't think it will be anything like that, but what's your experience been?

For the most part she should be OK. U2 fans are the best! I've never seen such a civilized bunch of folks in my life until I noticed the floor during the Elevation tour. U2 fans are mostly very orderly and calm. Now it can get a little bit pushy as Bono gets close to the edge of the stage and starts trying to touch hands, but that only lasts for a few seconds. Now if I were you, I'd tell all the people that are standing around her that she is 3 months pregnant and does not want to get crushed. Also let the bouncer know too, so that just in case if things get out of hand the bouncer will help her first. Now if you stand in the middle of the floor or further away from the stage then she shouldn't have a problem at all.

The East side is the side that faces Houston St.

The west side, which faces 35, is the side where the vans will come in, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
I've got nice, expensive nosebleed seats...:D

Checked out the arena website...parking is like whoa!:ohmy:

This just in, straight from the AAC website...

General Admission floor ticket holders will be allowed to start lining up outside the South Entrance to American Airlines Center beginning at 8:00am on Saturday Oct. 29th. No one will be allowed to be in line before 8:00am. The venue will open for all ticket holders at 6:00pm and the show will begin at 7:30pm.

thanks inmyplace! i was going to scope out the arena friday night, but i just found out tonite that my friend eebz is driving up from houston after the show there. so it will probably be between 2am and 4am when she gets here. if we still really feel like it we might drive down to the arena to check it out but i kinda have my doubts now. we'll prolly just get a couple hours shut eye (if we can sleep) and head down there around 7am or so.

I'll probably leave Mansfield about 7 am, so I'll get to the venue about 7:45 at the latest. I wonder how it's going to be when everyone starts scrambling for the entrance

(Copy the group below and add your name to the list)

Recap:
---------
U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
LaceyM. - Section 104 (w/hubby)
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
jelloe - Section 123, Row P
kimby - nosebleeds

GAs
------
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)

Anyone here in GA section wanna be brave and post up a pic of themselves so we can say HOLA to one another :wink:

I've got pics up in the Interferences photos thread in the LS, you can look there :wink:

Back
Top Bottom