Nov. 4, MGM Grand in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can you believe those prices for tkts on broker sites? openseats.com $2800 for a seat that's not even close. It does make you wonder who exactly it is that's going to be around us long time fans. But we won't even notice them, hopefully. Those grannies in the audience photo is absolutely wonderful. I am really hoping that everybody from here gets into the circle and not people from VIP Vegas perks who will just stand there and not know the words.

and for people without tkts, its obvious a lot of people will be selling them there before the show (from the Ebay and broker listings). I have often sold tkts at the MGM or the Mandalay before a show, I have asked the security guards and the Box Office and they said it was ok, no one ever told me not to or bothered me, and there were plenty of others as well, and I just stood there at the Box Office area (which is at the back before you enter the arena at the MGM) and sold my extra tkts for face value. So if you get there without a tkt, you will probably certainly find one.

Last edited:
That's nice to know that honest folks like yourself are out to sell tix for face....I know a number of folks who are heading to Vegas without tix in hand. And yes, the concern is how many TRUE fans vs how many VIPs or hotel guests who have NO CLUE about anything U2 will be elbow to elbow. It will prove to be an interesting show both nights. Also, thanks for the info on where the box office is because I have friends who are going to be waiting there hoping for ticket drops for both shows. Anyway thanks again for the info and if you happen to have any more or advice, please fill us in!

There's a box office in the front by the main check in desk, and there's a box office at "Les Girls" that opens at 4 pm or so, think it's "Les Girls" its the topless show they have there, there's a box office at the Theater place where Carot Top, Tom Jones, etc. appear, its a smaller theater, and there's a box office at the KA Cirque thing, all of which open later in the day, like 2 or 3, I forget. The reason I mention those is when I am checking for "tkt drops" as mentioned on here for shows I have gone to, going to one of those other box offices while everybody else is hanging out back at the main arena box office might be advantageous. They have always sold tkts to any show at them, but ask first to make sure. The only box office open at 10 am, think its 10, check that also, is the one at the front desk. The reason I mention this is I have often got excellent seats by being there at 10 am and just keep checking, every 30 mins. It's boring, they get sick of you, but it pays off.

that's a very good idea ^^ because when I have got first row seats there at the MGM for concerts, some of the times I got them the day before, start going to them at 10 am when they open the day before, just in case. There has never been any particular time either. One time I got front row seats at 4:30 pm day of show, and other times at 12 noon the day before, 10 am, etc. Also they told me their VIP allotment of tkts they don't put up until right before a show, there's a VIP tkt room directly across from the box office back by the arena, and you'll see all the people go in there. They told me if they have any left from there, they put them up right before a show. Anyway, U2 will probably be done completely different from other concerts there, who knows. It's too bad you can't call the MGM for tkts anymore, their thing goes directly back to TM, Mandalay you can still call directly to their box office, but call as well to TM every 30 mins.

i just went through this whole thread, and i have only seen to ACTUAL parties. are you guys all makin g'private' after parties and not keepin git open to lone u2 fans travelling to sin city all by himself from the great white north of canada? whats happening thursday night (3rd)? does anyone have any plans for bars/nonsence etc?
i dont want to have to sit and drink by myself in a famous vegas strip club.....hmmm....or do i?

marik said:
i just went through this whole thread, and i have only seen to ACTUAL parties. are you guys all makin g'private' after parties and not keepin git open to lone u2 fans travelling to sin city all by himself from the great white north of canada? whats happening thursday night (3rd)? does anyone have any plans for bars/nonsence etc?
i dont want to have to sit and drink by myself in a famous vegas strip club.....hmmm....or do i?

:wave: Me and my hubby are coming from Winnipeg (it's also our honeymoon) I think we are going to check out the interference party!! :)

Well CONGRATULATIONS! Make sure WHEREVER you go that you tell people it is your Honeymoon.....trust me on this.....you may get a hotel room upgrade, free drinks, champagne, hey anything free these days is a gift! I will be at the Interference party with friends. Look for me ok? I want to meet as many people as possible that night, it is going to be fun!

Karen

marik said:
Ok...
Actually, I'm looking for after-parties for Nov. 4th and 5th. Does anyone know where everyone is gathering AFTER the concerts? Thanks!

McMullan/s Irish Pub on Tropicana has parties after the concert both nights but I don't know if you can still buy tickets or get tickets at the door. It's $50 per person per night. There is a website you can go to with all the info and it is listed in one of the Vegas threads here a month or so back. :wink:

when you talk about the "wristband policy," do you mean a policy where you show up at 8 a.m., get a wristband and leave until showtime??

any offical word yet?

You won't be allowed to line up for GA at the MGM until 4pm. At that time they will put people in lines and hand out wristbands, then you go thru the scan process to see if you make the elipse...if your ticket "scans" you will get to choose a friend to accompany you and will be given a 2nd wristband and put in a separate line. Hope that helps.

bonoed said:
There's a box office in the front by the main check in desk, and there's a box office at "Les Girls" that opens at 4 pm or so, think it's "Les Girls" its the topless show they have there

it's La Femme

OK, ao it's confirmed that the venue will not be giving out place holders. Have any of you decided where you will form a line??

:sad:

I think Detroit proved that this whole "we're not going to let you line up early" thing is not pretty AT ALL... I wont be arriving until 10:00 am on Friday (provided my ticket situation straightens out) so Romi, expect a call from me as soon as I land

I'll let you rub the good luck belly in exchange for info :lol:

Carek1230 said:
You won't be allowed to line up for GA at the MGM until 4pm. At that time they will put people in lines and hand out wristbands, then you go thru the scan process to see if you make the elipse...if your ticket "scans" you will get to choose a friend to accompany you and will be given a 2nd wristband and put in a separate line. Hope that helps.

They're letting people in at 4 PM????????????????????????????

Miroslava said:
:sad:

I think Detroit proved that this whole "we're not going to let you line up early" thing is not pretty AT ALL... I wont be arriving until 10:00 am on Friday (provided my ticket situation straightens out) so Romi, expect a call from me as soon as I land

I'll let you rub the good luck belly in exchange for info :lol:

So you're going to Vegas afterall :hyper:?

this GA line policy sounds like a mess. if i was running the line i'd have numbered cards ready, and when people came to line up i'd give them a numbered card and then tell them to come back at 3:45 in order to line up by the numbers. that way only 1 or two of you have to stand around there, and if a few people volunteer to do it, then you could rotate.

that way you dont have to worry about where to line everybody up and how to keep track of them. the only downside would be people that show up at 4 and refuse to follow the system. even though you had spent the all day there, making a completely fair and orderly system, allowing people to enjoy their days in Vegas, people who show up late for some reason would bitch. (because they dont have a low number)

but that would definitely be the way i would go, or it sounds like it could get very messy.

I am expecting it to be messy but I don't want it to spoil my experience, so I am going to try to make the best of it. I just with the MGM Grand Gardens would see how out of control this thing could really get.

Chizip said:
this GA line policy sounds like a mess. if i was running the line i'd have numbered cards ready, and when people came to line up i'd give them a numbered card and then tell them to come back at 3:45 in order to line up by the numbers. that way only 1 or two of you have to stand around there, and if a few people volunteer to do it, then you could rotate.

that way you dont have to worry about where to line everybody up and how to keep track of them. the only downside would be people that show up at 4 and refuse to follow the system. even though you had spent the all day there, making a completely fair and orderly system, allowing people to enjoy their days in Vegas, people who show up late for some reason would bitch. (because they dont have a low number)

but that would definitely be the way i would go, or it sounds like it could get very messy.

IF they don't allow anyone to show up before 4 p.m., just have the people who got a card show up at 3:55 p.m., that way, the 4 p.m. people will have nithing to be upset about. I'm actually thinking about asking the security people there if they would support a policy like that. That way, they will aloow one person to wait there and everyone else won't come until the last minute, solving everyone's problems.

romi said:

IF they don't allow anyone to show up before 4 p.m., just have the people who got a card show up at 3:55 p.m., that way, the 4 p.m. people will have nithing to be upset about. I'm actually thinking about asking the security people there if they would support a policy like that. That way, they will aloow one person to wait there and everyone else won't come until the last minute, solving everyone's problems.

yeah thats what i was thinking, seems that kind of system would work best for everybody. maybe have everybody show up at 3:45 so you have 15 minutes for everybody to get situated in the right spot in line.

but theres always some people that bitch about something :blahblah:

Last edited:
security would have to back to plan fully, so that no one would argue about it later. i will give them a call tomorrow morning.... if you can make the cards, mayve you could come up with a design now just in case....

oh im not actually doing GA for that show. I said IF i was doing it, thats how i would do it. sorry for the confusion.

I'm actually not doing GA for that show either:wink: I have seats on the 4th and GA on the 5th

Back
Top Bottom