New York City in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i always prefer convienient and cheap...

with the mass transit set up in manhattan, and considering that the two major north/south subway lines both stop at penn station... the 1,2,3 and the a,b,c... you could pick any place in manhattan and still be 10 minutes away from the garden.

but alas, i'll be doing so much running around those days that i don't care... where ever you want. if this is the place, i'm sure i'll stop by sometime durring the day. i'll probably stop by lots of places, actually :drunk:

I was wondering, is anyone going to the 10/11 show on Tuesday?
Any plans before or after the show?

Will the bars still be open after the concert?? sorry - I'm Johnny Foreigner when it comes to bar culture in NYC!

Jim, maybe we should try and organise a meet for any UK fans that are going ? Me & my girlfriend are going on 10/08 & 10/10.

BTW - there is a lot of international football on October 8th. Scotland game is at 10am, England game is at 11am & the Ireland game is at 1pm (NY time). We will be tring to find an Irish pub to watch the Irish game - anyone got any tips ?

Last edited:
Nevada Smiths on Third Ave shows the football. I'll be over from Ireland so debating where to go. I've been to Nevadas before and it does get PACKED! If you check on the Setanta Sports website they list the pubs that the matches will be on. Another one is McCormacks. I'm sure they will charge in to watch the games, well that's what happened before. I think its around $20 each

Not to be redundant but, this is it?
Ti Na Nog at 6pm every night U2 has a show. And where a blue thingie.
Same meet up place after the show?

Also wanted to tell people about Stout NYC(.com)133 W 33rd St. It looks like a castle, stone walls, cobblestone floors, and it's huge! I went there before and after the May show. Five huge screens played different U2 concerts, Red Rocks, Rattle and Hum, Slane etc. all night till about 2am. (And there's 120 beers to choose from, plus good food.)

I live right across the river, 15 min away from NYC. So, if anyone wants to hang out I'll be in the city during the week. I'm looking forward to meeting some other interferencers, I've been pretty shy on the boards.

:wave:Jess

Jdragonfly said:
Not to be redundant but, this is it?
Ti Na Nog at 6pm every night U2 has a show. And where a blue thingie.
Same meet up place after the show?

Also wanted to tell people about Stout NYC(.com)133 W 33rd St. It looks like a castle, stone walls, cobblestone floors, and it's huge! I went there before and after the May show. Five huge screens played different U2 concerts, Red Rocks, Rattle and Hum, Slane etc. all night till about 2am. (And there's 120 beers to choose from, plus good food.)

you don't have to go to Ti Na Nog if you don't want too. However Stout sounds festive :hmm:

ramblin rose said:
I still searching for a blue thingie.:|

:lol:

I was going to start looking tomorrow..How hard can it be to buy string?? :slant: I'll goto a craft store :) and I'll also pray that my allergies get better I feel like death this happened back in may when they were here :scream:

one4u2 said:

:lol:

I was going to start looking tomorrow..How hard can it be to buy string?? :slant: I'll goto a craft store :) and I'll also pray that my allergies get better I feel like death this happened back in may when they were here :scream:

:ohmy: Maybe you're allergic to U2 shows. :wink:

Stout is a fairly neat joint. Definitely more casual bar feel vs. Tir Na Nog (just had lunch there Friday... oh wait, had "lunch" at Stout the previous Friday, too). Stout is the bigger place, so if it's a big blue crack gathering, that might be the better bet. I've got GA for 10/10. But I'm up for drinks afterwards, most likely! Any news on the queue rules for MSG, anyway?

JOFO said:
I'll be going on 10/14.

I'm in section 313.

anyone else going that night?

I'm going on that night. I haven't met anyone from this site yet. Anyone have anything planned for the 14th?

I am going on 10/11 (tues) with my two irish sis in laws, just want to know where everyone is meeting that night....the elevation tour we met a bunch of u2 fans at the tir na nog across the street from the garden. just want to know where everyone is going so we can share some drinks with other die hard u2 fans. please let me know. emeraldsocietyny at *yahoo dot com*

Oh, Tir Na Nog is right by the Garden? In that case, it's right by my hotel. Sweet! I'll probably show up, shout out "BLUE CRACK!" and see if anyone is there.

If not, I'll just be the weirdo sitting at the bar with a beer. :wink:

corianderstem said:

they'll be tons of those I'm sure :wink:
just bring a blue crack sign ! What night are you going?

I'm on a mission for blue string tomorrow so maybe I'll just bring a ball of it and hand it to everyone when they get there :wink:

corianderstem said:
Oh, Tir Na Nog is right by the Garden? In that case, it's right by my hotel. Sweet! I'll probably show up, shout out "BLUE CRACK!" and see if anyone is there.

if i'm not mistaken tir na nog is on the corner of 8th & 33rd...

this is the intersection of 8th &33rd... 33rd runs between the garden and 1 penn plaza, and 8th runs between the garden and the post office (with the columns)

i believe the bar is on the non landmarked corner there (i.e. the one that doesn't have the big black skyscraper, msg, or the post office)

IM000034.JPG

Last edited:
one4u2 said:
What night are you going?

I have a GA ticket for the Monday night show ... depending on my friend's plans, I might pop in to the bar Sunday night or Mondy before the show. We're not going to hang in line all day, we're going to go late and hope for the best. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom