New York City in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:grumpy: I'm trying to talk someone in to going but he's picking Philly. :mad: Just incase I get my way, what hotels would be a good choice.

Hi there!

My friend Mark Baker and I are travelling down for this show...we're looking at hotels and DAAAAMMMNNNN!!!! Expensive!!

Anyone looking to come together on a room or maybe even better, someone got a floor we can crash on nearby?

G

new york city hotels are expensive any time of year... on a holiday weekend, with a major concert in town, as well as a potential post-season baseball action, depending on if the yanks make the playoffs?

if you haven't booked, book now... later you wait, the more expensive they will be.

if i win the lottery, i'll be picking myself up a room... anything short of that, and it's off to the long island rail road.

although i do know a guy who knows a guy who can usually get rooms :hmm:

ah who knows... 2 to 1 i just take the train and sleep at home each night.

Last edited:
for anyone that has booked with ETS I was on The Irish Rogue website and they have listed 11th and 14th October as "Official Fan base - U2 Concert" - must be where the pre party will be.

:hyper:

I just purchased airfare and I've found someone willing to share a hotel room.

*crosses fingers* that ticket drops will be kind to me. :drool:

MSG shows.

what bars will everyone be hanging out at before and after the 10/ 7 and 10/8 shows? Any nice irish pubs near the garden?

I'm really torn about waiting in a queue all day for a good spot and the show and checking out NYC and having a few beers etc.etc. (I'm only going for 2 days)

Jim said:
I'm really torn about waiting in a queue all day for a good spot and the show and checking out NYC and having a few beers etc.etc. (I'm only going for 2 days)

if you have never been to NYC, I don't think you should waste your time in line all day. It's such a great city. But, if being in the front is really important to you... :shrug:

Jim said:

Yep, I'm in the same spot. I think we've decided to take in the city during the afternoon and HOPE to get lucky with the lottery. If not, that's cool -- at least we will have seen the sights!

sami0201 said:

if you have never been to NYC, I don't think you should waste your time in line all day. It's such a great city. But, if being in the front is really important to you... :shrug:

You're right - we'll go collect our tickets from MSG at 9:00 and then hit the town.. as long as there's a lottery later in the day I'm happy enough.

Once question - what time should we get there to be a part of the lottery? Do they stop scanning at a certain time?

Cheers,
jim

Tir Na Nog is a replica of an Irish pub. Its right near MSG (8th Ave and 35th I think). Its NYC, there are great bars everywhere you turn. Molly's I think is another one, maybe 8th Ave and 32nd...

they dont stop scanning to get into the lottery (well Im sure they stop at some point AFTER U2 go on, but not before). In fact there is a belief that the later you go the better your odds are of getting into the bomb shelter.

Great - I'm so excited !! now i've just got to find somewhere to stay... NYC hotels are E X P E N S I V E !!!

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
Tir Na Nog is a replica of an Irish pub. Its right near MSG (8th Ave and 35th I think). Its NYC, there are great bars everywhere you turn. Molly's I think is another one, maybe 8th Ave and 32nd...

they dont stop scanning to get into the lottery (well Im sure they stop at some point AFTER U2 go on, but not before). In fact there is a belief that the later you go the better your odds are of getting into the bomb shelter.

I cant say what goes on at NYC, but in Toronto they stopped scanning WELL before U2 hit the stage, somewhere around 8pm or so..

G

GretzkyU2Yanks said:

in new jersey they stopped scanning before kings of leon had even finished two songs.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

they didn't schedule any dates that weekend so that they could attend the shows at the garden. only date UF have scheduled durring u2's stay in new york is on the 14th in long beach.

Slackers!!!!

:wink:

(j/k)

[size=small]a post party would have been nice tho[/size]

I'll be going on 10/14.

I'm in section 313.

anyone else going that night?

Boozyuzi said:
BTW - it would have been John Lennon's 65th birthday on October 9th. Is there anything on in NY to remember him that day ?

There's an area of Central Park called "Strawberry Fields", and there's a small monument to John Lennon there. i bet people will erect some sort of tribute- flowers, candles, etc. :)

FYI, Strawberry Fields is on the west side of the park; enter at 72nd St and Central Park West (across the street from the Dakota apartment building, where Lennon was killed).

Here's what a freak I am - as wild as it would be to see the place where Lennon lived and was gunned down, I'm almost more interested in seeing the Dakota because it's where FBI Special Agent Aloysius Pendergast lives in the novel series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I also want to go see what's actually at 891 Riverside Dr. in Manhattan (another Pendergast home).

all of the buildings on the west side of the park are super expensive (as is the east side as well)....filled w/ celebrities of all sorts.

I'm playing my trip to NYC (10/7 - 10/15) by ear. I have shows on 10/8, 10/10, 10/11 (tentatively) and 10/14. And, I'm seeing Sweeney Todd on Wednesday afternoon. Apart from a couple of museums I know I need to hit, that's the end of my official itinerary! So, if there's some kind of a U2 do, I'd probably show up for it.

Back
Top Bottom