Needed: Line Buddy For Nov 28 Show in Montreal (will provide incentive)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trashdaveed

The Fly
Hi,

So I'm going to the Nov 28, 2nd Montreal Show with GA tix and I've never done the GA thing before, but I plan on being in the first chunk of people with an aspiration of being on the rail if I or my girlfriend don't get scanned into the ellipse (preparing as though this is a foregone conclusion).
Anyway, my girlfriend cannot get the Monday off work, so she won't be at the line until 4pm(ish), but I plan to camp out as long as necessary despite possible/likely inclement weather. I still have to check the policy of camping out by calling the Bell Centre and I plan on going to the GA line for the Saturday show to do some reconnaissance and ask some questions.
So, would anyone please be willing to help me out here by being a line buddy -- basically so I can use the washroom throughout the day/night? Here's what I will provide:

- I will buy you snacks, food (pizza or whatever), coffee/warm beverages (there's a Tim Hortons just down the street), maybe some reading material -- I live downtown so I am very, very familiar with all of the surroundings

- I will do the majority of the crappy work -- meaning if it is damn cold and I have to stay in line, you could go somewhere nearby that's warm with periodic checks for washroom breaks -- then officially stay in line closer to showtime

- I could probably provide you with a place to drop off a few bulky items during the show if necessary (our apt -- it's about 10 min walk from Bell Centre)

- either friendly conversation or I'll keep my stinkin' trap shut...whichever you prefer (I am capable of alternating between the two at a moment's notice)

- open to suggestions/requests and I'll answer any questions you may have

Please let me know if you're up for this. I've had some rotten luck in the past with seeing U2 and I'd really like to see them up close just once to convince myself that they're not television characters I've been faithfully watching for 15 years. Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

Dave

So glad you decided to clarify about the incentives... some people around here have filthy minds :tsk:

You get an A+ from me for cuteness of post, so I am sure you'll find someone to help you out!

Ahh trash for those incentives I'd definitely be your line buddy - will only be going to show on 26th though so I guess that doesn't work?

You just reminded me about Tim Hortons though! I'm almost more excited about that than seeing U2 :) If you're there for the show on the 26th I'll be the girl freezing her arse off drinking ice capps in the queue!!! :drool:

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the kind words from both of you and also just writing something to bump it back up. ZooGrl, I hope you have a good show on the 26th...I'm glad you were able to get tickets for it as I know Montreal 1 was quite the logjam and many people were getting shut out. Somehow I just hit the Back button at the exact time a second show arrived.
You should try the IceCapp with chocolate milk -- it's damn tasty.

Anyway, just so potential line buddies are aware, if you're more defined in your coffee preferences, I also know of a nearby Second Cup, Starbucks and/or numerous non-chain locations with good brew that I'd be glad to help you out with. It's certainly not limited to Tim's.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Sweet mother of god i forgot about second cup!!! i don't miss the snow, the sleet or the 40 degree summers but man do i miss the chain coffee places!!!

i'm actually quite a big fan of the ice capp with chocolate milk already ;-)

As for the tickets, I don't know how I managed to score them? I think I got them through U2.com, either way it took awhile but worked out in the end!

Hope you have a good show too!

aughhhhh... starbucks.... timmys.... second cup.... 20 days, 20 days, 20 days!!!

Don't worry about it, I have been in 4 GA lines and people are cool so long as you don't disappear for so long they forget what you look like. And generally, everyone in your area becomes a family in looking out for each other's places.

Have fun!

Your biggest problem will being convincing everyone that your girlfriend will be jumping line at 4pm.:wink:

Also, winning the lottery will be tough.

Thanks for the info. I figured it gets like that, but I don't want to take too many chances. As for the 4pm squeezing of my gf into line...yeah, I have to work on this. My best idea so far is to bribe the crap out of everyone around me the whole day leading up to the show with treats.

It really depends who you are in the line with- a few people ahead and behind-- I remember a few Elevation shows where a load of (the same) people would get in line super early, then leave to stay in their hotel rooms overnight, and then come back around 11 in the morning-- certainly did not make for a popular bunch! As long as you're honest with the people around you though, and tell them in advance what the situation is, it most likely won't be a problem.

Treats and bribes never hurt tho ;-):wink:

trashdaveed, if I can score a GA ticket off Ticketmaster or a mailing list in the coming week or two before the 28th, I'd definetly be your line buddy as I'd be in line anyway.

As it stands now I've got no tix to the 26th show and 1 red behind stage for the 28th. So consider be backup in case you don't find someone else :)

Hey Canadiens,

I will most definitely keep you as a backup. If someone does actually show interest, there's no reason there can't be multiple people involved at least in the part where I'm willing to do much of the outside waiting. Thanks for the reply! You were the provider of the Beautiful Ghost/WTSHNN mix right? If so, I feel I owe you already.

trashdaveed, I agree with what other people have posted (including how cute your first post was :cute: )...just talk to the people behind you and explain the situation with your girlfriend and they will likely be very cool about it. likewise, i'm sure they won't care about you taking some breaks from the line. i don't think any tries to be inhumane about GA rules. Have a great show :up:

Back
Top Bottom