MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego Fan Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegra, you're staying at The H-Inn TOO?

Hope that the Holiday Inn Staff is used to fans like us!

I'm sure that after midnight we will still hear lots of U2 in many rooms!

I'll bring 3-4-5-6 cameras/camcorder and ....

I'm also bringing some vodka, beers, wine...

Who's in charge of the chips and sandwiches? :)

Allegra, if I end up going to Dallas I'll let you know! I lived there most of my life, so it's always nice to go back and see how it's changed.

YES to taking a walk over to the stadium. I'm convinced this is my year to meet the boys! We need to brainstorm on strategies--any resident experts on stake-outs? I know Skjuls managed an awesome pic w/ Bono :drool: :drool:

If we don't munch at Chili's I'll definitely help out with chips, etc. later.

Holiday Inn is going to FREAK OUT once they realize what they have on their hands :D

party...Party...PARTY!!! :dance:

Yeah, it was funny when I called Holiday Inn a while back. The lady asked me what was going on, and I told her that U2 was coming to town! So...they know. :wink:

But they don't know what they are really in for...MWAH, HA, HA, HA!!! :evil:

And ruffian, that sounds like a plan!

ramblin rose said:
Hey Allegra, what airline are you flying out on? I'm on America West, it was the cheapest flight I could find.

That's the same one I'm flying on!!!

Stops in Las Vegas though.

On March 26th:

AW #204 from DFW to LAS

AW #738 from LAS to SAN

And coming back on March 29th:

AW #162 from SAN to LAS

AW #397 from LAS to DFW

Any matches?

ruffian said:

Skjuls, I found $318 from L'ville to SD on Southwest. I'm considering flying to Dallas first to visit family, then from there to SD on the 27th. Alternatively, there is a direct flight from Cinci for $323 but that wouldn't work if you are dropping your son off in L'ville.

:D

Well I will already be in L'ville the weekend before and have already bought those tix. Independence Air is cheap when they have sales. From DC (Dulles) to L'ville for 44, one way.

I think everything will work out in the end!

Can't wait to party with all of you!

Allegra said:
party...Party...PARTY!!! :dance:

Yeah, it was funny when I called Holiday Inn a while back. The lady asked me what was going on, and I told her that U2 was coming to town! So...they know. :wink:

But they don't know what they are really in for...MWAH, HA, HA, HA!!! :evil:

And ruffian, that sounds like a plan!

Well when I made my reservation, the guy didn't have a clue that U2 was playing there until I told him.

I said Be prepared, U2 fans are going to take over!!

fredstab said:
Allegra, you're staying at The H-Inn TOO?

Hope that the Holiday Inn Staff is used to fans like us!

I'm sure that after midnight we will still hear lots of U2 in many rooms!

I'll bring 3-4-5-6 cameras/camcorder and ....

I'm also bringing some vodka, beers, wine...

Who's in charge of the chips and sandwiches? :)

You guys there are TONS of places to buy food, resturaunts to eat at, fast food, etc all around the Holiday Inn and Arena area, within walking distance.

Carek1230 said:

You guys there are TONS of places to buy food, resturaunts to eat at, fast food, etc all around the Holiday Inn and Arena area, within walking distance.

Yep exactly...tons of places to eat!

I think that us meeting at Chillis the nite before is a great idea! We will just take up the whole bar area!! :wink:

I can't wait to meet you all!!!

Is there another small arena near the San Diego Sports Arena?
I know in Miami they rehursed in the Miami Arena (with the stage and all) before moving into National Car Rentals.

bono_man2002 said:
If i Tag along
I'll have to supply my own lemonade :lmao:
As i'm not Yet 18....well my Mother and little sister will probabley acompany me :lol:

It's ok of you are under 18.......not everyone drinks alcohol and Chili's is a not a bar per se....the more the merrier and U2 fans are all different but share one commonality-their music!

bono_man2002 said:
Is there another small arena near the San Diego Sports Arena?
I know in Miami they rehursed in the Miami Arena (with the stage and all) before moving into National Car Rentals.

Nope, no other smaller arena nearby but there's Cox Arena which is at SDSU up the road about 10 miles. I wondered how long it would rake a crew to set up the staging. The SD Gulls game is at 7:30pm Sun. and on ice.......I'd imagine the crowd would be gone by midnight.....maybe the staging will take place throughout the night and maybe sound check by the Fab 4 early morning Monday.....that's my take. There's really no easy way to sneak into the Sports Arena cuz it's round and it's really not very big.....unless trucks pull in and load/unload beneath the arena.....Hmmmmm maybe I best be taking a field trip to check this out and report back! I keep trying to find someone, anyone who works there to ask them. I will keep you all posted!

Hi All,
Bono_man2002, it's so cool that there are U2 fans of every age! When I was "not yet 18" I was as crazy about the band as I am now. I'm glad you can join us :)

Bummer about the Gulls game, but as you say Karen, they *have* to do a sound check. And I'm with you, we *have* to meet the boys!!! Really, this will be a great adventure. Just wish I could stay for the 3/30 show and then trek up north to some of the others in CA...but at least there is Chicago to look forward to!

ruffian said:
Hi All,
Bono_man2002, it's so cool that there are U2 fans of every age! When I was "not yet 18" I was as crazy about the band as I am now. I'm glad you can join us :)

Bummer about the Gulls game, but as you say Karen, they *have* to do a sound check. And I'm with you, we *have* to meet the boys!!! Really, this will be a great adventure. Just wish I could stay for the 3/30 show and then trek up north to some of the others in CA...but at least there is Chicago to look forward to!

I saw your post on @U2 and sent you email. I do have an extra ticket for 3/30 in a row of 6 T16B, $130 available.

Hey did you guys hear the reason U2 performed Sometimes at the Grammys cuz it was a slow song and Bono's hurt his back again.....thus Larry's comment aobut almost not making the performance and possibility of cancelling dates thru the end of the year. Read all about it, it's on Interference news. Ack! Let's hope Bono's back gets better REAL fast!

Karen

Carek1230 said:
Hey did you guys hear the reason U2 performed Sometimes at the Grammys cuz it was a slow song and Bono's hurt his back again.....thus Larry's comment aobut almost not making the performance and possibility of cancelling dates thru the end of the year. Read all about it, it's on Interference news. Ack! Let's hope Bono's back gets better REAL fast!

Karen

This is just a rumor as of now karen. A interferencer spoke to Bono earlier that day and the reasoning behind doing Sometimes is not for this reason.

Check this out:

http://www.u2.modblog.com/?show=blogview&blog_id=462258

Last edited:
skjuls said:
Who's exicited about going to San Diego now????
:wave:

i'm working on springing for a GA for 3/30 so I can see both shows. it's going to TOTALLY screw up my other plans (meaning I'll be running a half-marathon on tired legs and no sleep when I get back, but oh well). So i'm really excited if I can swing it!

So there's talk on the @U2 forum about meeting at an Irish pub instead of Chilis (more ambiance, etc.). I propose an earlyish happy hour meeting at Chilis and then whoever wants to trek over to the other place can do so, and whoever wants to stay near the hotel due to transportation issues or whatever can do that.

ruffian said:

:wave:

i'm working on springing for a GA for 3/30 so I can see both shows. it's going to TOTALLY screw up my other plans (meaning I'll be running a half-marathon on tired legs and no sleep when I get back, but oh well). So i'm really excited if I can swing it!

So there's talk on the @U2 forum about meeting at an Irish pub instead of Chilis (more ambiance, etc.). I propose an earlyish happy hour meeting at Chilis and then whoever wants to trek over to the other place can do so, and whoever wants to stay near the hotel due to transportation issues or whatever can do that.

What Irish Pub?

Carek1230 said:

Well we can hope this is right!

I dunno.....do you think Bono would blurt out to a personal problem like a back injury, slipped disc, to a perfect stranger, fan or no fan? Hmmmm.......I am just going to choose to sit quietly and see what plays out.

Carek1230 said:

I dunno.....do you think Bono would blurt out to a personal problem like a back injury, slipped disc, to a perfect stranger, fan or no fan? Hmmmm.......I am just going to choose to sit quietly and see what plays out.

i don't think he would say, "well, I hurt my back and who knows how it will work out for the tour." geez, his PR people would have a fit! And I guess I tend to take fan accounts of meetings with a grain of salt unless I know the person--esp. a paraphrased transcript. but of course, there are always rumors, and I just hope this one isn't true. can't imagine a U2 concert w/ Bono standing in one place!

ruffian said:

i don't think he would say, "well, I hurt my back and who knows how it will work out for the tour." geez, his PR people would have a fit! And I guess I tend to take fan accounts of meetings with a grain of salt unless I know the person--esp. a paraphrased transcript. but of course, there are always rumors, and I just hope this one isn't true. can't imagine a U2 concert w/ Bono standing in one place!

That would be horrible to see the poor guy stand in one place! Horrors! That would be like the time I saw Elton John.....he walked out all bloated and full of himself, probably wigged out of his mind and sat at his piano for 75 minutes and then walked off stage. No hello, goodbue, screw you all, no talk between songs...it ws HORRIBLE! The worst show I'd ever been to and I am still sorry I spent the money on it. I liked his music and all but sheesh......show a little fan appreciation like U2 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom