MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego Fan Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

Don't forget you got me there with ya at the crack of dawn!:wink:

I am so sure that I can handle camping overnite though but I am gonna still check it out the nite before anyhow.

I *hate* the idea of hangin out all day but IT IS SO SO WORTH IT!! :drool:

As for what to bring you pretty much got it. Also bring a blanket to keep warm (in the morning it will be cool but my guess is at that time of the year it may get to the low 70s or high 60s at worse during the day). I am thinking of bring a game..like uno and/or cards. I am also bringing my u2 ipod along with the portable speaker dock for it so we can play u2 tunes all day!

yeah the best part is chatting with fans it sure does make the time fly by! :wink:

:scream: I have GA for the second show, not the first--so I won't get to wait in line with you. waaa!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize that!!!!!!!:( :sad:

come and visit me then if you get a chance! I will see ya sunday nite too!

i'll absolutely visit you in the GA line, and I'll come bearing provisions if you need stuff! I'll make sure you have my cell#

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Don't forget you got me there with ya at the crack of dawn!:wink:

I am so sure that I can handle camping overnite though but I am gonna still check it out the nite before anyhow.

I *hate* the idea of hangin out all day but IT IS SO SO WORTH IT!! :drool:

As for what to bring you pretty much got it. Also bring a blanket to keep warm (in the morning it will be cool but my guess is at that time of the year it may get to the low 70s or high 60s at worse during the day). I am thinking of bring a game..like uno and/or cards. I am also bringing my u2 ipod along with the portable speaker dock for it so we can play u2 tunes all day!

yeah the best part is chatting with fans it sure does make the time fly by! :wink:

So what time exactly are you planning to get there. Uno sounds like fun.

skjuls said:

So what time exactly are you planning to get there. Uno sounds like fun.

Well, right now...I am thinking about 6am. But that could change. I am gonna check out how many people are there the nite before and if there are a lot I may make it earlier. We will see.

When it gets closer to the date, we can exchange cell phone numbers ok?

BTW, are you going to the Vertigo Eve Party at Hard Rock Cafe sunday nite? If so, I will be there.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Well, right now...I am thinking about 6am. But that could change. I am gonna check out how many people are there the nite before and if there are a lot I may make it earlier. We will see.

BTW, are you going to the Vertigo Eve Party at Hard Rock Cafe sunday nite? If so, I will be there.

oh yeah:rockon: i'll definitely go. wasn't sure about going to see a tribute band, but figured I'd never heard one before so I should be open to the experience. I clicked on their website and listened to "One Tree Hill". WOW! That is a hard song to sing and they sounded just incredible. I'm so excited about hearing them live (just hope I can refrain from tackling the poor lead singer and slobbering on him ;) Repeat to self: just sounds and dresses like Bono, just sounds and dresses like Bono...

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I may go to the Vertigo Eve party but didn't know if I should since a) have GA and didn't know when to camp out - I arrive in SD at 8pm b) transportation to the party

I would like to go but will it be worth it?

cell number exchange, definitely

I guess the good think is I am staying at the Holiday Inn across the street so I can always check out the situation.

Last edited:
skjuls said:

I may go to the Vertigo Eve party but didn't know if I should since a) have GA and didn't know when to camp out - I arrive in SD at 8pm b) transportation to the party

I guess the good think is I am staying at the Holiday Inn across the street so I can always check out the situation.

well, since no one knows what time people will lining it up I guess it is hard to tell. Imagine going from the JT gig to the GA line at say, 1:00 in the morning. If that sounds unappealing, then maybe "down time" before then would be better...I really, really hope people aren't lining up at that hour. If you assume they get in line at 6:00 am., then you could go to JT and still be home in time to get a decent amount of rest before you get in line.

ruffian said:

well, since no one knows what time people will lining it up I guess it is hard to tell. Imagine going from the JT gig to the GA line at say, 1:00 in the morning. If that sounds unappealing, then maybe "down time" before then would be better...I really, really hope people aren't lining up at that hour. If you assume they get in line at 6:00 am., then you could go to JT and still be home in time to get a decent amount of rest before you get in line.

Very true!!!

I read in another forum that you were a college professor.

What do you teach?

skjuls said:

go if you can (I THINK IT WILL BE WORTH IT).. and don't worry about transportation. If we all meet up at the holiday inn or chillis we can carpool there! I certainly don't mind giving anyone who needs a ride. I don't plan on staying too late for the vertigo eve party cuz of my GAs too and I need some kind of sleep if I am gonna be out there for massive amount of hours! <<< not as young as I once was.. lol

yeah, maybe you can be the look out the nite before..and call us if there are lots of people out there..

U2Fanatic4ever said:

go if you can (I THINK IT WILL BE WORTH IT).. and don't worry about transportation. If we all meet up at the holiday inn or chillis we can carpool there! I certainly don't mind giving anyone who needs a ride. I don't plan on staying too late for the vertigo eve party cuz of my GAs too and I need some kind of sleep if I am gonna be out there for massive amount of hours! <<< not as young as I once was.. lol

yeah, maybe you can be the look out the nite before..and call us if there are lots of people out there..

Definitely, I will be the look out!!!

I am going to try and go if Carek still have some spots or I will continue to see if people don't pay.

My only problem is that my plane arrives at 8pm and I still need to check in at the Holiday Inn. Maybe somebody will be nice and pick me up from the airport! :sexywink: :sexywink:

I would pay.

I want to have a great fun time will all of you guys and gals!! Plus, it would be fun to hang out with cool people in the GA line.

I'm short and want a good spot!

skjuls said:

Very true!!!

I read in another forum that you were a college professor.

What do you teach?

I'm an anthropologist, and oddly enough, U2 got me interested in "social justice" issues back in the late 80's. Definitely influenced my career choices. I have a big group of students now that are doing canvassing for DATA and 2 who are in S. Africa studying AIDS orphans and women and HIV.

ruffian said:

I'm an anthropologist, and oddly enough, U2 got me interested in "social justice" issues back in the late 80's. Definitely influenced my career choices. I have a big group of students now that are doing canvassing for DATA and 2 who are in S. Africa studying AIDS orphans and women and HIV.

WOW!!! What a great profession! And great issues to participate in! Wishing my anthro class in college was involved with issues like these.. of great interest to me. This must be quite rewarding to the students and you!:wink:

ruffian said:

Where do you teach? UK, NKU???

U2Fanatic4ever said:

WOW!!! What a great profession! And great issues to participate in! Wishing my anthro class in college was involved with issues like these.. of great interest to me. This must be quite rewarding to the students and you!:wink:

I absolutely love it--and I'm on sabbatical this semester, so I get a paid semester off to surf the internet all day...er, to do research, I mean! During the 3rd leg of the tour I'll be teaching again, and I'm actually trying to plan my teaching schedule around the idea of being able to take some long weekends to go to shows...how insane is that??? But my students know I love U2 and always save articles and stuff for me. Now, if they knew I was constantly drooling over Bono pics like a good PLEBAn it would be a different story. :reject:

I'm thinking of renting a Huge Limo for all of you here to get to the Hard Rock! One Limo ride from The Holiday inn to the Hard Rock Cafe for the eve!

I'm not joking!

How many can we sit in a huge limo???

I'm gonna make some phone calls....I will do EVERYTHING for us to get an unforgettable party and concert!

Hope to have some company in the GA line!

Frederic :)

fredstab said:
I'm thinking of renting a Huge Limo for all of you here to get to the Hard Rock! One Limo ride from The Holiday inn to the Hard Rock Cafe for the eve!

I'm not joking!

I'm gonna make some phone calls....I will do EVERYTHING for us to get an unforgettable party and concert!

Wow!

Wish I was arriving before 8pm. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

fredstab said:

I'm not joking!

HOLY CRAP THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!:ohmy:

which show do you have GAs for? I have them for opening nite and LA#1.

fredstab said:

I'm not joking!

Frederic, where ya been???!! A limo would be a blast--I'll bring a few bottles of champagne :D

skjuls, i'm sad you won't be there till 8pm :( But you could still ride back with us!

ruffian said:

Frederic, where ya been???!! A limo would be a blast--I'll bring a few bottles of champagne :D

skjuls, i'm sad you won't be there till 8pm :( But you could still ride back with us!

THAT IS SO COOL! I have to be at the HRC early, but I am jealous of you guys! It's going to be a great party!

ruffian said:

That sounds like a plan.

I had to use a travel voucher on US Airways. Well I just to be a poor graduate student and now I just leaving month to month at my job and I'm a single mom so I had to cut corners for the best travel airfare and that got me at San Diego at 8pm sunday nite.

it's all good!

Hooray.. how many days is it now?

well the show starts at 9 or 9:30 and the HRC is a lot closer to the airport than to the Holiday Inn! Have them hold your room for xtra late arrival and hitch a ride to the HRC!

fredstab said:

I'm not joking!

Awesome idea and I am definitely going ot have to shake your hand at the HRC! If you need help with any limo companies here in San Diego let me or U2FanAtic know, we are happy to help. There are lots of companies, and their limos hold various numbers of people....The stretch probably comfortably 6 to 10 and the super stretch upwards of 15 or more.....I have seen one around town that is a white super stretch Hunner but I don't know the name of the company! There were 2 or 3 moon roofs on the thing though! You guys will definitely have to take pictures!

Karen

ruffian said:

Hey Allegra! :wave:
I'm flying to Dallas on the 24th to visit family and flying out to SD from there on the 27th. When do you leave? It would be awesome to get together with any other fans in Dallas for some pre-show celebration. I don't know my schedule yet--I do know I'm flying to Houston for a day to visit my brother and don't know yet what day that will be. On the 27th I think I leave in the morning, a direct flight on American.

I have to teach school on the 24th, holiday on the 25th, flying to SD on the 26th. So maybe the 25th? PM me!

skjuls said:
So I guess I should head to the HRC from the airport, then.

Suggestions on what I should do with my small bag!!

Thanks for all the help!

I bet you anything they can stash it behind the desk for you at the hostess station...either that or we'll find some people at a table and ask if you can stow it there...

Allegra said:

I have to teach school on the 24th, holiday on the 25th, flying to SD on the 26th. So maybe the 25th? PM me!

the 25th might work...let me arrange my flight to houston and i'll pm you when the dust settles. are you in Dallas or nearby? I'll be in north Dallas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom